Hrraptawtayä li'u

Started by Hrraptawta, March 01, 2010, 09:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrraptawta

Kaltxì ma frapo. Oe nìkawng plltxe nìNa'vi a fì'uri tsap'alute si oe slä oe fmeri.

Welcome everyone to my 'journal.' Here I will be describing my journey into the realm of the Na'vi language. Like I said, my Na'vi is not good, but welcome any comments and suggestions on my skills. Anything to get better, haha! If this needs to be moved, feel free.

1.03 2010
'Journey' began. I have a basic understanding of the language by now, but my vocabulary is extremely limited unless I have my print-out dictionary handy. My goal is to have an all Na'vi Journal in two months with minimal use of my dictionaries/IRC resources.

2.03 2010
Home sick today, but didn't get much studying done. I'm trying to learn the basic pronouns as well as the basic infixes, prefixes, and suffixes by tonight.

Lance R. Casey

Grammatically, that sentence is flawless. However, it's likely that kawng means "bad" in the "evil" sense only, so that using it for "not good" brings with it unwanted connotations. To be on the safe side, something like nìltsan ke plltxe not speak well could work. On a more general note, it is not necessary to repeat the subject in every clause if it is the same throughout -- but it's certainly not wrong either.

But I don't know about the title. The best I can come up with is "word from the dangerous sky", in which case some corrections are in order. What was your intended meaning?

// Lance R. Casey

Hrraptawta

Hrraptawta, is my Na'vi name  ;D

Hrraptawta

Updated for today, but I might post more later tonight.

Hrraptawta

Kaltxì ma frapo. Oel tsap'alute si talun oe ro fìtsenge ke lamu. Oel fmi.