Na'vi practice thread

Started by Vawm tsamsiyu, July 24, 2010, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payä Tìrol

I was wondering for a while what word you were trying to pluralize before I figured out what it was, lol.
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Payä Tìrol on July 26, 2010, 07:40:18 PM
I was wondering for a while what word you were trying to pluralize before I figured out what it was, lol.

I didn't tsakrrvay... :(  What is it?
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Carborundum

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on July 27, 2010, 05:04:22 AM

I didn't tsakrrvay... :(  What is it?
Just pronounce it. It's clearly "I scream".
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Carborundum on July 27, 2010, 05:21:26 AM
Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on July 27, 2010, 05:04:22 AM

I didn't tsakrrvay... :(  What is it?
Just pronounce it. It's clearly "I scream".

;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Well, yeah, that was hard work! ;D Of course I was just going to "translate" skrim  :D :D :D (Even tried tskrim, because of lenition...) And then I wondered where that word comes from, because it would just be allowed with following syllables sk-rim/tsk-rim and that made me even more confused...  ;D Just like: "Is it derived from several words? What's yellow? What??"
Eywa ayngahu

Payä Tìrol

Yup, that was pretty much my thought process too, maybe moreso because I keep making that mistake with t/ts->s.
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

Pxia Säsngap

WOOOHOOOO!

Oel fpole' 'awvea 'upxaret oeyä mì Na'vi Nì'aw ulte oel nì'aw pxekeyeyt ngolop. :D ;D :D

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on July 25, 2010, 09:43:00 AM
Txopu rä'ä si furia pamrel si mì seng a fko zene nìna'vi nì'aw pamrel sivi. Aysute tsun ngaru srung sivi tsatsengmì kop.

Ma Tsamsiyu92: Nga poltxe ayoeru a fra'u eyawr lu.

Ma Vawm Tsamsiyu: Kxawm nga fmivi!
Eywa ayngahu

Taronyu

Fpe' and ngop are transitive there, Pxia Säsngap. :) Need the -l and -ti.

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Taronyu on July 29, 2010, 08:44:03 AM
Fpe' and ngop are transitive there, Pxia Säsngap. :) Need the -l and -ti.

Irayo. Will correct it. ;D
Eywa ayngahu

Ftiafpi

Fì'u lu sìltsana säfpìl nìtxan! Oel tsengit nolew a tsun ayoeng fita tengkrr perlltxe nìNa'vi. Oel omum futa kivin mi oe nume nì'ul.

Ftiafpi

Translated a difficult quote. It's got lots of embedded clauses, help me find errors:

San tìyawnìri: 'awpo a fì'uti ke 'efu, 'awpo a ke tsun ftivang tìfpusìlfpi ulte a ke tsun kllkxivem tengkrr peeltur tìtxen seri nìspawne'e, ha tsa'awpo lu na kerusey: peyä menari tstu lu. Sìk ta Älprrtì Aynstayn

"Love: One that does not feel this, one that cannot stop for the sake of thinking and that cannot stand while captured in interest, in that case that person is like dead: he's eyes are closed." -Albert Einstein
"LOVE: He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." -Albert Einstein

Ftiafpi

so, apparently I killed this thread or something.... my bad.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Ftiafpi on July 29, 2010, 09:26:16 PM
Translated a difficult quote. It's got lots of embedded clauses, help me find errors:

San tìyawnìri: Fkoru a fì'u ke 'efu, fko a ke tsun ftivang tìfpusìlfpi ulte a ke tsun kivllkxem tengkrr poyä eltur tìtxen sivi nìspawne'e, ha lu na kerusey: poyä menari tstu leru. Sìk ta Älprrtì Aynstayn

"Love: One that does not feel this, one that cannot stop for the sake of thinking and that cannot stand while captured in interest, in that case is like dead: he's eyes are closed." -Albert Einstein

"LOVE: He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed." -Albert Einstein

Too much for most of us, I'm afraid :-\
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: ln.sxkxawng on August 01, 2010, 12:34:49 PM

San tìyawnìri: Fkoru a fì'u ke 'efu, fko a ke tsun ftivang tìfpusìlfpi ulte a ke tsun kivllkxem tengkrr poyä eltur tìtxen sivi nìspawne'e, ha lu na kerusey: poyä menari tstu leru. Sìk ta Älprrtì Aynstayn

"Love: One that does not feel this, one that cannot stop for the sake of thinking and that cannot stand while captured in interest, in that case is like dead: he's eyes are closed." -Albert Einstein

Too much for most of us, I'm afraid :-\

Hey, you caught my bad Na'vi-ization of Albert so it's not too much. Besides, going over it I think I've got it about as good as it's going to get so, it's all good. Someone else post something though, I have a strange urge to edit peoples Na'vi (guess me week vacation from Na'vi worked :)).

Vawm tsamsiyu

Yea I'm not ready to try correcting a sentence that complex. It's like a ninja asking me to correct his Kung Fu
Oe new livu "ninja"it
they killed the [you] tag

Taronyu

San tìyawnìri: Fkoru a fì'u ke 'efu, fko a ke tsun ftivang tìfpusìlfpi ulte a ke tsun kivllkxem tengkrr poeltur tìtxen sivi nìspawne'e, ha lu na kerusey: poyä menari tstu leru. Sìk ta Älprrtì Aynstayn

Well, 'efu is transitive. fì'ut. I'm fairly positive that fkoru a fì'ut doesn't work, either: should be fko a fì'ut ke 'efu. "one to whom" is the dative of indirect object, not possession - would work if you used lu and frrtu, maybe. Use lolu, not leru - it's a completed action.

Ftiafpi

Ftiafpi

Anyone object if I sticky this?

Taronyu

I totally object. (No, go ahead. :D)

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Vawm tsamsiyu

they killed the [you] tag