Avatar Sheet Music - The Complete Score (5th Version)

Started by Ikran Ahiyìk, January 01, 2011, 03:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmuktengan

Kxeyo

So...I hope I get that right. This thing is stolen from the original recording sessions and you realized it sounded different? And now want to work with it? Like you said, I guess you shouldn't replace the 30 bars you're speaking of, but you could create an alternative version for it. That's what I think...
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Ikran Ahiyìk

This pause of inputting fingerings is for me to complete a school project.. - I have to give a presentations about the filming elements of Avatar in front of my whole class, so I'm really watching any information I can find..

I don't care too much when I first saw this video. More than a year ago. I know there's difference.. it's very simple - I can't follow the music together with this score, until its second page (should be started bar 30 not 31). I'm uncertain about my hearings at that time, but now, I'm not anymore. I can find the corresponding music.. :)

Yes so you are now making my plan getting fixed. :)
You are getting them all as I think..
And some more, in War of OST there is still a part I'm missing, now I can add it into the alternate.
Should be bar 234 until the end of this.
War sheet music [Avatar]and the new thing is supposed to follow right after this part (in the original arranging maybe).
I'm going to make this not compulsory, just an alternate, option..

Picking up a pencil at this moment would be a bit late, but the last time I did something similar was around August 29 this year. :)
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Kxeyo

Isn't it 2am at your place? Better go to bed, ma tsmukan. ;D From December 5 on, I might have time for you. I'm still interested in your project, I hope you know that.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Ikran Ahiyìk

Yes I must spend 8 hours on working this school project in each weekday and 12+ in weekend.. It's so important and it lights up my love to Avatar too ;)

Thank you.. you must be my best friend I meet here. At least I think so.

Txon lefpom..

Ikran Ahiyìk

Hi I'm making my first 3am post :P

Just finished that work and starting from tomorrow I can back to this.
I planned to add the fingerings until Gathering the Clans, pause at War for the mentioned new arrangement..
This would probably be the last because there's no more music to arrange at all..

And today Escape from Hell's Gate version 4a is completed.
I'm very sleepy right now.. kìyevame..

Payoang

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on November 24, 2011, 11:47:55 AM
War sheet music [Avatar]and the new thing is supposed to follow right after this part (in the original arranging maybe).

Ohey, I recognize that!

Can't wait for more :)

Kxeyo

Alright! Should have time for you next week! As always, good work. :D
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Payoang on November 28, 2011, 02:45:19 PM
Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on November 24, 2011, 11:47:55 AM

Ohey, I recognize that!

Can't wait for more :)
This seems to be a task continuing it. ::)

The 12 bridging bars (which you made there) already took me more than an hour... tried not to look at yours until the end then compare..

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on November 28, 2011, 05:37:34 PM
Alright! Should have time for you next week! As always, good work. :D
Such a good news ;D

Just wonder what set of time signatures to be used.. _/4 as the picture or _/2?

I found its tempo will be the same as War if I choose _/2
(if we count it in terms of note, i.e. half note to a half note etc.; if we count half tempo in terms of beat)

Something like Mezza tempo will be required if I choose _/4, and I'm not even sure about if it can be used like this..

Ikran Ahiyìk

Payoang

Tsmuktengan

Ikran Ahiyìk

Srane ;)

As there are many voices, I think using a pencil and an eraser is more easier to make any edits, and it looks real. But I will turn this process digital later maybe, because writing is a bit inconvenient and we have the technology nowadays (although I don't have the devices to boost the efficiency of digital arranging/composing, at least, a keyboard).

Till now there are 300-something written pages of sheet.

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on December 04, 2011, 09:27:38 AM

Wow! You are doing a huge work. This is really impressive.

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on December 04, 2011, 09:36:17 AM
Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on December 04, 2011, 09:27:38 AM

Wow! You are doing a huge work. This is really impressive.

So you see why I'm so sad to look at the others' work..

Time cost doesn't mean much to the popularity, but the time is really consumed, it's a fact.

Ikran Ahiyìk

I've got the chance to upload the half-completed inputting of these new (ultimate) extensions.

41. "Let's Attack, Warriors!"
42. The Battle Continues
43. Quaritch Down
or Full Book (6512 bars so far)
   - on December 8, 2011

Be careful I'm listing all the alternates in one line of score
(something like Flash, bar numbers as frame numbers, and the only thing can do is GOTO...)
but NOT the go to markers yet.

Here the routes are (for Tracks 41-43)

Arranged Version - included as many as able
     4892-5115,
     5128-5169,
     5172-5320,
     (5335-5400, 5402-5423) / (5335-5391),
     (5424-5457) / (5424-5448, 5458-5484),
     (5485-5512, 5532-5561) / (5485-5531, 5548-5561) / (5485-5522, 5535-5561)

Before Movie Release (Original Score)
     4892-4988, 5040-5073, 5116-5127, 5141-5169, 5172-5320, 5335-5401, 5458-5531, 5548-5561

Common / Current Movie Version - as what you can hear ("3CD Complete Score")
     4892-5115, 5128-5140, 5170-5334, 5403-5457, 5485-5512, 5532-5561

Kxeyo

Uhm...sorry...I don't understand it. ???

I see you changed something, but what's old and what's new and why did you add brackets?
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Brackets are alternates as a whole..
So you see (5335-5400, 5402-5423) / (5335-5391) means either play 5335-5400, 5402-5423 or 5335-5391.

New things are the one last suggested, like the written sheets up there,
as you said "part of the original recording sessions".

I don't think 3 lines are enough, and there maybe options for the mixed (arranged) line.

And lastly glad to see you here ;)

Kxeyo

Ok, uhm...I'm still confused. You arranged several versions, right? That's what I understood. And now you suggest to play certain parts of the sheets you posted in order to play the right version, yes? Then I got a suggestion for you. Or better said I guess we both understood something wrong. I actually thought you'd give out the three versions, all of them in the right order. So that you don't have to seek for the measures. Three different versions and the player could choose one. I know that the measures are numbered differently that way, but...yeah...maybe you keep on counting in your favorite version of these three?
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Since there will be a book finally be printed out, I can't make too many pages.
Also, as I've chosen flippable folders with 60 holders each, one "part" or one book contains at most 120 pages.
And don't forget they are not purely sheets, graphics, table of contents, introduction, guides will be included also so a book should contain at most 110 pages only.
Now, book 2 is reaching the limit.. I can't add anything.
Maybe later I also release 3 digital collection for the routes for reference would be a good idea, but still these jumping bar numbers should be taken as root.

3 versions with linked bar numbers would be impossible, since their length are different.
And as the routes listed out you can see they are just playing the same thing by skipping different contents.

Oh, one more thing. I guess you maybe confused by why I have to split even the content of the same version into parts.
Let's pay attention to page flipping. Anyway a concert performer is supposed to memorize all the sheets,
but I still would like to make the sheet can be played also when you put the book on your piano.
Flip once per 2 pages, maybe 1 because of there's a picture actually, the main point is that I'm trying not to let the player have to flip 2 times at once when the music is proceeding.
Let's take a look at the final part of track 41. Oh page 190 and 191 should be printed on the same face of a single paper.
Yet I split 190 and 192 into 2 pages, because, when you are playing "Before Movie Release" version, you have to jump from page 188 to 191 (which requires 1 time of flip).
If I combine 190 and 192 as before, you have to flip for 2 times in this short time!