Avatar Sheet Music - The Complete Score (5th Version)

Started by Ikran Ahiyìk, January 01, 2011, 03:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on April 08, 2012, 11:19:43 AM
Can't wait to print it out as a book and really play it..

I'll try to get some time to complete the texts also. (no progress in March :-[)

Tewti!  :)

Ikran Ahiyìk

Or I should take the remaining tracks my own..

For War I reserve my opinion more, and tracks 47 and 48 are just coping the previous tracks..

You know there are a lot of empty spaces throughout the score. I've finished fill in them.. I don't upload them yet since they're really huge, 223MB in total just for the pictures. :P

Lyrics for Jake's First Flight should be here soon, let me get some more time..
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Kxeyo

I let you down again, sorry. And then the forum outage, it stole so much time. Your project is still alive, I hope? Any news? Still want me to take a look at the rest of your stuff?
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Ikran Ahiyìk

I have shifted to working at another tiny project (sheets related), but I'll back soon..

That is quite important because I recently found the music I was looking for 8 years ago.. can't wait to visualize them! :D

If you want to know what it's about, here you are. Part of the incomplete sheets are in #4.

I haven't closed down the file of version 5, it still takes me one or two round of work. The last plan I've thought about is rewriting the 64-notes part in Becoming One of The People.. You're welcome to give comment for the several last tracks, it's quite sorry to stop at the near-the-end position, isn't it? :P

Kxeyo

Hear from me on Monday or Tuesday. If I don't forget you again.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Tsmuktengan

Ikran Ahiyìk

Mengar irayo nìtxan ;)

Oh, seems I've forgot quite a lot Na'vi..

Kxeyo

So, I'm trying my best here since I don't remember everything. Let's see...

Bonding With Leonopteryx is still wrong. You said you changed something and sent the file to me, but there are no changes visible. Maybe check on that?

Grace's Death

Due to confusion, I never reviewed this. There isn't much to review anyway. The only thing I noticed was at 4444, or let's say around there. The original track becomes a lot more..."rhythmic" here. You can't notice that in your version. Not really. :-\

War

4885: You're right. Among a few other sections in this piece, the chord sounds off. I can't help you with that, though. I cannot arrange music. At least not that professionally.
4888: I think Detaché is french and can't be combined with Italian if it indeed is. I don't know.

"Let's Attack, Warriors!"

4939-4945: Ask yourself if the key change is necessary. I guess it is. So just leave it the way it is now.
4947-4955: Personally, I think the bells would be nice. Try to add them, I'll take a look.
It's amazing how you nailed 4992 and 4993. This sounds so perfect. You couldn't make it better, it totally leads into the next section and sounds so great at the same time.
5092: Is that a mistake there (LH)? It sounds off.
5128: The lamentando might be a bit misplaced. Can't come up with anything better though. :-\

The Battle Continues

Did you mark all the tempo changes in the sheets at least? I didn't exactly pay attention to the tempo right now. But if you don't know the piece by heart, you gotta see when to play faster and when slower.

These breves look impossible to play. If I were you, I dropped all of them (we're talking about RH) except in 5161 and then from 5171-5173. That's where it really contributes to the sound.

Add a lamentando at the beginning. I also would like to add something like "growing" at 5160, but there's no such expression. Btw, is there a mistake in this measure? What about that C sharp?

Starting from 5182 (a half measure broken looks really strange), maybe use accents on the trumpet section? Beat 1 and 5?

Impetuouso seems a bit strange to me. Remove it?

That's all. Hope to hear from you, I want to get this done. It's been a wonderful project and I was glad I could help so much already. I don't know how much has to be done after the review, but if there is anything else please tell me. I got my own projects running atm, but please don't refrain from asking for help. We'll meet again when Avatar 2 is released and the soundtrack transcribed, right? ;D
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Sorry for the waiting... there are several other tasks for me to do right now, and I still haven't got back the full effort to do this, as before. But I must say I'll never drop this until it's finished :) of cause I still need your comments and advices, you know The Battle Continues isn't the last one.

Report :

Bonding With Leonopteryx

I found I haven't change the marcato.. yes it's totally wrong. Recorded and will be fixed.
You gave good suggestions on the sost pedal. There will be one layer more for only considering this.

Grace's Death

See the right hand part from 4444, there's a voice with constant rhythm, the 8ths, until the near end. You raised my attention to the "rhythmic-ness".. I think this can be shown by noting them as staccato. (or tenuto, or what else?)

War

It seems I've done something on the chord in 4885, but unfortunately I've no time to upload nor open it..
4888: Maybe leave the another expression there, and pull the detaché down to the place between staves?

"Let's Attack, Warriors!"

4939-4945: I've done this in the silent period, it looks quite well for me changing it into A flat minor.
4947-4955: Now they're existing one octave above.
4992-4993: Thanks for this. :D
5092: You mean the MIDI?
5128: Then just leave it...

The Battle Continues

All audible tempo changes are marked, otherwise it's the matter of how it is performed. Sometimes not everything have to be exactly the same. In fact I'm a bit confused what the tempo changes so much, and there are both accelerando and ritardando..

Breves are currently all removed. With your comment now, it's a good idea to add the one you mentioned back. At this moment, I wonder is it a good idea to also keep the one in 5155-5160, but in brackets? (means optional to be played)

Will be a lamentando.
"Growing"... I think this message can be delivered by the overall settings in this page of sheet.

5182-: They're in 4/4, 3/4 now.. and it also works better with accents emphasising the trumpets, got it.

OK, impetuouso removed.

I'm very glad to see your most recent reply... It's wonderful, and sorry for giving you this a few days late..

Notes for the last section - to be continued today, I'm going out to have dinner... ::)

... edit

Back.

Pre-commenting notes :

Quaritch Down

I finally realised that it's G melodic minor in 5212-5223. The version I have have made two changes in key:
- B flat minor 5203-5207: It should be this in fact, but I used F minor since I don't want so many changes. Of course sometimes the change is good, especially for the tracks with notably many key changes. We have 1 sharp or 1, 2, 4, 6 flats here. Adding the 5 flats one would be pretty cool.
- G minor 5208-5223: From 5208 there's the transposing tonal pedal. It's a good place to change the key sig.
I'm not 100% confident on this choice. Maybe you'll find it's not good, and I might change it back. But one thing I want to point out that the B flat minor key sig is used twice only other than this suggestion, which is a very low amount.

5293-5295: The small notes means that the melody is still haven't in this voice, until it becomes normal notes. Wondering is this an acceptable notation.

5366-5375: Should I change 3 bars here into 2 3/4 bars?

5385-5395: "8"s are very strange, but hear it carefully, I think this is the best interpreting.

5498: The trills are only for the notes they correspond to, but in MIDI, all are included. You'll find it's very noisy. That's not the sound I want.

5528-5530: They are 2 5/4 bars now.

5542-5546: Here's 1 5/4, 1 3/4 and 2 5/4 bars.

Fight to the Death

5672-5679: For all even numbered bars, beats 1 and 4 are emphasised. Is an extra notation needed?

I don't have any important thing to note for the last 3 tracks at all, but you are definitely welcome to go through them. :)

Kxeyo

Would you be so kind and upload updated sheets for the tracks? You seemed to have changed quite a bit.

Please tell me again what exactly is to be found inside the last 2 tracks, too. It was some kind of medley, I think.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

It seems that I can't upload the files to this server as before. I'm asking Payoang.

Through this method now...

Ikran Ahiyìk

Ikran Ahiyìk

I still remember this. It's time to step in the last stages... (v.6: background notes/performing notes/editorial comments)

Version 5 is basically finished.. ::) Tomorrow I will start processing and uploading the misc. parts (B C D level merges), and give accurate calculation of the tracks duration, also introduce a new system of tracks "difficulty".

The major feature of this finished v.5 is the attached pictures. So now the whole thing is >12MB. The pictures and captions shown here will not likely to be changed. This is a far arranged set, for a long time in my head.. Information of the sources of the pictures will be included in v.7 formal upload of v.5 ASAP.

Also, for some tracks not starting on the top of the page like tracks 17, 18 and 32, now you can see what they are supposed to locate at (except in D level merge).

Sorry for missing so long..

Edit: Oh.. and ma Tsmuktengan, sorry for one huge thing... I think I'm not capable for filling the Jake's First Flight lyrics anymore. My proficiency in Na'vi is now backed to a beginner's level, maybe a late one. I still could write the captions in May 2012, but today when I tried to fill in one missed caption, I found that it's a challenge to write one sentence... Of course it's totally welcome to invite someone else to fill the song (I'm seeking this..! and will give credits poru).

Dec 15 edit: underline = done.

Kxeyo

Every half a year, I show up. I could have sworn I was done with this. I'll rather check out the new version though instead of commenting on the old...
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

LONG TIME NO SEE... To me, it's always a pleasure to see you here.. ::)

There are quite a lot of changes in the new version, but still, comparing to the large static part, it's not clear to you.

I think I have to continue make edits in version 6. I tried a bit to self-comment and give notes in this version, and it's pretty easy to look for something to be amended.

I remember once you've said the first track is very important as the audience judge the quality of the whole book through it. If it's bad, they won't continue listening. I think I can pay more attention to it now, since my interest to Avatar have lost quite a lot ... :'( ... then the tracks later like War or Jake's First Flight don't have such a high priority to me now, all the tracks are tend to have equal preference.

These days I became very busy at other works and projects, but I think I should set up a deadline for version 7, or at least version 6. It will be formally used in the interview for my university entrance. The date is around the end of May, but I'm not 100% sure this can be reached since the entrance exam ends at April 29. I'm sure I will pay my full time after this day, but a month is not enough. Before this day, I don't know how much time out of revision I can arrange for this project, a third, a bit or a zero.

Kxeyo

Heads up! We all lose interest in a  movie we don't see so often and don't get new stuff from! But that's besides the point if you still do care about it, visit a forum, reply to others!

That is correct, that's what I said. Because who wouldn't start at the first track and who would keep going if he didn't like it already? Fair enough, maybe they listen to a few tracks. But that still makes the first one important! On the other hand, famous tracks are almost as important to the usual...how to say...person that checks your work out! :P Since these tracks are good though ( you mentioned War and Jake's First Flight, both are wonderfully arranged, yet to difficult for me - basically anything is ;D ), you shouldn't worry about that!

Oh, I also have entrance exams ahead of me this year. Hang in there, give your best. And try to work on the sheets if you can, I think every improvement would make a greater impression! ;)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

8,000 views! ;D

I guess the journey can start in two weeks (slowly because of the exam). But there's still something you can preview. I've started doing version 6 at the 3rd anniversary of Avatar (Dec 18 if you forget..), till Dec 23 it was interrupted by some other projects. I'm working on the principles. Kept on brainstorming...

It's the PDF as of Feb 15, 2013.

View the score figures here.

Tsmuktengan

Gee, new stuff here. I'll have to check this out.  :)

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on January 27, 2013, 07:57:22 AM
Gee, new stuff here. I'll have to check this out.  :)
Kaltxì! ... but sad to say, I think I can't fill in the lyrics for Jake's First Flight, my Na'vi is not as fluent as before.. Would you find someone else to fill it? :)

A vote for all:

I guess I could play something live.
Which track you want me to practice first? It's OK for anyone from #1 to #48.
But don't consider this is the only track I will play live. No.
So, maybe it's better not to choose the longest tracks, then the video can turn out sooner.

I did record something that I played and uploaded it.

« Spoiler: VOTES RECEIVED »

« List of Sources of Arrangements »

Copy the subscripts, paste it the end of the following, to view.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
1. "You don't dream in cryo ..." (OST) giZ25a6itRQ

2. Quaritch's Speech 7sdtJrU1EtM
3. Jake Enters His Avatar World (OST) d8WOcCIemIU
4. The First Journey (Into the Na'vi World (film version)) wTcQH2rhSGk
5. Thanator Chase - Part II U0DNOMSXsOg, I I6h8Pg7tShQ ?

6. Viperwolves Attack Exor5aamoN0
7. Jake Meets the Na'vi (Pure Spirits of the Forest (film version)) 2n3qatmvS9k

8. Jake Sleeps xMqPhB71Tsk, The Bioluminescence of the Night 03izegf1niI

9. The Village - Jake's First Ride _YaqOI9kRLo
10. The Plan 2ZvkAN4tAao, The Floating Mountains (1) zmXM8Dtjn1s
11. The New Camp (The Floating Mountains 2) Fue7_EV04po
12. "Choose Your Ikran when You are Ready" (The Floating Mountains 3) NMoN4a8
13. Becoming One of "The People" (film version) t1GWG3VVHv4, (extract of) The Lagoon (please refer to the Deleted Scenes if you have bought the DVD or Blu-ray)
14. Night Iridescence 2mLymvrb1nY

15. Climbing Up "Iknimaya - The Path to Heaven" (OST with the scene Grace talking about the school) GYF7Z7-TibY

16. "He will Try to Kill You" (included by film version of Jake's First Flight) Ebqnl32NTvU
17. Jake's First Flight (OST) G4oTRqX5O3A
18. The Hunt ZQF4IzBQ5So
19. Intro 4KImJ8qLRzw, Great Leonopteryx fD5WJtiLrHY
20. "Who Am I?" (originally untitled; section 6m1) 0D9pv1XU440

21. A Man of My Word cB8wrtHDsB0
22. Mated for Life t6fLVl9RVhA, Becoming One of the People, Becoming One with Neytiri (OST) MI4mWZ9noII?t=5m48s

23. Scorched Earth - OST bX0jif41VkA, alternate 1Hi27vP7jXQ
24. The Challenge (a mix as in 1:28:10-1:31:34 of the 2009 film release)
25. Quaritch Pulls the Plug (5CD version) J3ZCjC7z3UY

26. No Reasoning (5CD version; the beginning appears in the Tsu'tey Death Scene of SE and CE) u98nTwaZ2QY
27. The Sky People are Coming (Quaritch, OST) xiX-qfhVA84

28. The Destruction of Hometree (a mix of OST and film version) RupjWCWfoKQ

29. "You Always have to Wake up" (Shutting Down Grace's Lab, OST) jehfAGAikwY
30. Escape from Hell's Gate (a mix of Deluxe Edition and film version track) ebxQ6TbRifo
31. Help for Grace NoR96mfYJJA
32. Bonding With Leonoptryx 4rxJSuI_cE0
33. Funeral Chant (Way Utralä, Tree Song) eNeR4COCcm4
34. Prayers for Grace iso5KnrXqn4
35. Grace's Death - Complete Score WQZQp4E86yI, Deluxe Edition (Healing Ceremony) XN0DgDPt6Fk ?

36. Gathering All the Na'vi Clans for Battle (nearly OST) Tr8R0WcmP4Q

37. Quaritch Takes Over PvVCMSDjri8
38. Battle Plan PKx7GAZcvHU
39. Jake Prays to Eywa 6ZNQTzZ_OVQ
40. War - OST PWM54LRIstI, film version AqRxgqx1Sb8
41. "Let's Attack, Warriors!" (War, a mix of OST PWM54LRIstI?t=3m36s and film version AqRxgqx1Sb8?t=3m8s)
42. The Battle Continues (5CD version) UWzYs2mjSRk
43. Quaritch Down - 3CD zgTnotTGYOA, 5CD version Lo7ZZLQovjo
44. Fight to the Death 4bHcbPr29Ik
45. A New Beginning VcvvHUi4__0

46. I See You (OST) uMhsSNwOUjI

47. Eyes Open (after Jake making his last video log)
48. Into the Na'vi World (OST) 8eUEnHRwG8U (also with an end-credits medley including Climbing Up Iknimaya..., Jake's First Flight and Gathering all...)

Blue Elf

So, IMO it is good idea to respond here. First of all, my apology but I'm quite busy these days, so I didn't hear all tracks. But I'm know all of them at least a little. So my proposals are - in order of preference:

The Bioluminescence of the Night
Avatar Complete Soundtrack - The Floating Mountains
Avatar Soundtrack Promo - The Complete Score - CD1 - 21 - Night Iridescence
You don't dream in cryo
Jake enters his Avatar world
Jake Meets the Na'Vi
Avatar Soundtrack Promo - The Complete Score - CD1 - 20 - Becoming One of ''The People''

but selection is not really easy. No other proposals? Hmmm.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)