Avatar Sheet Music - The Complete Score (5th Version)

Started by Ikran Ahiyìk, January 01, 2011, 03:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on January 30, 2011, 11:25:46 AM
Fingering would be neat. Too bad that's version 4.
This version takes more time to be done, to find out them I have to start to touch the piano..
And you see version 4 seperates into a b, it's because all the things in 4a and 5-7 are unnecessary for MIDI, but not include version 3.
So fingerings part is placed after dynamics in schedule.

And about version 7, how would realize it? I'm curious... ;)
I plan to make it by scaning version 6 and all the stuff used before..
To get better quality, version 6 is enough..

I've looked at book one. Yeah, I noticed this or that but it looked very similar, so I asked. Will go through the phases today. At least I try to. What I noticed are little 3s, I bet they got a meaning, right?
What 3s... you mean the 3s in phase 1 page 1?
Plltxe nìhiyìk na ikran... oe fmeri sìltsan nì'ul slivu, ngaytxoa...

See the new version with fingerings!

Kxeyo

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on January 30, 2011, 11:10:17 PM

Actually, I thought you wanted to say that you'll publish what you arranged. That's why I asked. Is this just a project you want to share with everybody or did you think of printing these for money? Could be an idea. If I knew how to realize that. ::)

I've looked at book one. Yeah, I noticed this or that but it looked very similar, so I asked. Will go through the phases today. At least I try to. What I noticed are little 3s, I bet they got a meaning, right?

For example, I also seen them somewhere else, I think. Is that because of the alla breve?
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on January 31, 2011, 12:59:51 PM

Actually, I thought you wanted to say that you'll publish what you arranged. That's why I asked. Is this just a project you want to share with everybody or did you think of printing these for money? Could be an idea. If I knew how to realize that. ::)

Probably not, and can't, because all the arranging source, pictures, the language, other things else all are copyrighted materials...
Sharing with people would be OK (maybe not, too..), but to make money by this is just like stealing from Horner (also from all the producing members). :P

There will be a "guide" to tell you how to make version 6 into nearly version 7 by yourself, for how to combind the "layers"..

For example, I also seen them somewhere else, I think. Is that because of the alla breve?

You mean the tuplets ... ? Sorry.. I can't get the thing you're talking about.. screenshot or bar number please..

I found why I use 4/2 now. See bar 909-934, the noteheads, they represents the main beats more simply, confirmed that part to be _/2;
and why it's 4 beat/bar, is because that part is slow and the bars seem to be long one.

MIDI for version 1-2 added - no dynamics..

Kxeyo

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on January 31, 2011, 10:01:49 PM

Probably not, and can't, because all the arranging source, pictures, the language, other things else all are copyrighted materials...
Sharing with people would be OK (maybe not, too..), but to make money by this is just like stealing from Horner (also from all the producing members). :P

There will be a "guide" to tell you how to make version 6 into nearly version 7 by yourself, for how to combind the "layers"..

Copyright issues. I forgot. But they also sell 5 Disc Versions on Ebay, so... :P

Nah, jk. It's alright this way. ;)

You mean the tuplets ... ? Sorry.. I can't get the thing you're talking about.. screenshot or bar number please..

Oh, they are? I wasn't sure. They don't always look like tuplets, especially when the 3s are standing right between two notes. Can you change that? I don't know if you can, but it's a bit...weird, I think.

I finally listened to the first parts, it's not so hard to follow. Great work on the first part of the Thanator Chase btw, I really like that. And well, when do I lose track and why? I can tell you that, often when there's a tempo change or when it starts to become too complicated for me; look at the part starting at 408 for example. What helps me here are the high pitched flute notes, if there weren't any I would have been totally lost. Problems only arise when it's getting really complex, starting at 440. Melody is part of the arpeggio, that's too much. And the 5/4 measure kicked me. Just wanted to tell you that, I don't know if that's helpful. I know there needs to be a 5/4. ;)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on February 01, 2011, 09:33:02 AM

Copyright issues. I forgot. But they also sell 5 Disc Versions on Ebay, so... :P

Nah, jk. It's alright this way. ;)

Maybe it's

Quote from: Human No More on December 15, 2010, 06:12:04 AM
There were a few of these originally released, I'd guess for people actually involved with the production, there are copies floating around though which it could be one of.

Oh, they are? I wasn't sure. They don't always look like tuplets, especially when the 3s are standing right between two notes. Can you change that? I don't know if you can, but it's a bit...weird, I think.

Example please... because they are quite clear to me, I don't know how others see that.
Some of them are not placed in the middle, or there's 2 or 4 notes instead of 3 in a tuplet is because of they're unequal in duration..

I finally listened to the first parts, it's not so hard to follow. Great work on the first part of the Thanator Chase btw, I really like that. And well, when do I lose track and why? I can tell you that, often when there's a tempo change or when it starts to become too complicated for me; look at the part starting at 408 for example. What helps me here are the high pitched flute notes, if there weren't any I would have been totally lost. Problems only arise when it's getting really complex, starting at 440. Melody is part of the arpeggio, that's too much. And the 5/4 measure kicked me. Just wanted to tell you that, I don't know if that's helpful. I know there needs to be a 5/4. ;)

Thanks for that :)

These parts in phase 3 (2-2) are difficulties in arranging, they made me think of giving up in March last year..
and you don't see any of these in the official sheet - they're not really suitable for piano. :P
440 ... there's NO melody at all. Referring to the soundtrack, they are ... claps
445 ... beat 1 and 3 are clearly strong beats; don't tell me to make 444 into 3/4 + 2/4 ... 5/4 is always hard to follow but also the best choice here..

Kxeyo

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on February 01, 2011, 10:02:32 AM

Example please... because they are quite clear to me, I don't know how others see that.
Some of them are not placed in the middle, or there's 2 or 4 notes instead of 3 in a tuplet is because of they're unequal in duration..

That's how I understand it. But what you said confuses me. What do you mean with unequal? Oh, and I just connected what should be put together, totally how I see it. Wrong? Then I didn't understand it. What I wanted was maybe the brackets surrounding them? Just an idea...

Note that I used version 1. I only have that one as a PNG.

These parts in phase 3 (2-2) are difficulties in arranging, they made me think of giving up in March last year..
and you don't see any of these in the official sheet - they're not really suitable for piano. :P
440 ... there's NO melody at all. Referring to the soundtrack, they are ... claps
445 ... beat 1 and 3 are clearly strong beats; don't tell me to make 444 into 3/4 + 2/4 ... 5/4 is always hard to follow but also the best choice here..

I guess they aren't. But isn't there a harp playing? Then arpeggios are the right way to go. And it should be possible. They just didn't want to work it out when they released the transcription. ::)

No, 5/4 is fine. It's alright.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on February 01, 2011, 10:34:32 AM

That's how I understand it. But what you said confuses me. What do you mean with unequal? Oh, and I just connected what should be put together, totally how I see it. Wrong? Then I didn't understand it. What I wanted was maybe the brackets surrounding them? Just an idea...

Note that I used version 1. I only have that one as a PNG.

Now it's my problem - I can't see the picture, but by guessing I think you mean the overall first page.
No matter it's ver 1 or 2 in terms of tuplets, they're just the same..

Sorry for my language again .. "unequal" means not equally quarter-quarter-quarter note in tuplet a half note in duration in my mind, like the one in bar 2, 4..
Probably people don't like to speak with me it because of my words make them (maybe... you also :P) think a lot for tiny things..

This page is quite complex. I don't want it to be 6/4, but now it seems a 6/4 that looks like 2/2.. although this is normal to me..

Brackets... I don't like them, it will make the page messy. Only used in 4148 and 4159 of phase 33 (11-6), oppositely it would be messy if no brackets for "7-thing" and tuplet in tuplet.

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on February 01, 2011, 10:34:32 AM

I guess they aren't. But isn't there a harp playing? Then arpeggios are the right way to go. And it should be possible. They just didn't want to work it out when they released the transcription. ::)

No, 5/4 is fine. It's alright.

You would blame me at phase 16, officials ignore that and I arrange them into a rate 37% product..

Back to phase 3.
Oh that's not claps, the left hand is for claps there.
But harp part is start from the end of 441, arpeggios are for some winds (I don't know what that is exactly...)

Ikran Ahiyìk

Added approximate working dates of versions, and a countdown pic ^ thanks to Swoka Ikran.

;D

Kxeyo

You know what would be great? You renamed same of your tracks and it's hard to find out which track it was on the OST and if it really was on it and stuff. Now I'm asking you if you could add this information; simply put one of the abbreviations behind the title, that would be enough. I mean these:

QuoteArranged from OST, Complete Score (CS) and Definitive Edition (DE), or some of them are the cuts found in the 3 movie versions (OR, SE, CE) or deleted scenes (DS).

So, for example: 01. 'You...' (OST)

You added the information for the OST, I know, but the other stuff is still missing. Would be nice.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on February 19, 2011, 04:41:32 PM
You know what would be great? You renamed same of your tracks and it's hard to find out which track it was on the OST and if it really was on it and stuff. Now I'm asking you if you could add this information; simply put one of the abbreviations behind the title, that would be enough. I mean these:

QuoteArranged from OST, Complete Score (CS) and Definitive Edition (DE), or some of them are the cuts found in the 3 movie versions (OR, SE, CE) or deleted scenes (DS).

You added the information for the OST, I know, but the other stuff is still missing. Would be nice.

Thanks, completed ;)

Would it be even greater if I make a list for where you can hear them later? ::)

Kxeyo

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on February 20, 2011, 01:56:44 AM

Thanks, completed ;)

Would it be even greater if I make a list for where you can hear them later? ::)

If you're playing, yes. ;D
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on February 20, 2011, 12:34:04 PM

Thanks, completed ;)

Live recordings..? Wait until 2020 ;D

I mean a list telling "you can hear bar XXX-XXX of phase XX at CS Disc X #XX X:XX-X:XX / DE Disc X #XX X:XX-X:XX, or a similar version at SE X:XX:XX-X:XX:XX ..." ...

and ... waiting for correcting the translations of titles, any ideas? :)

Kxeyo

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on February 21, 2011, 09:01:33 AM

Thanks, completed ;)

I mean a list telling "you can hear bar XXX-XXX of phase XX at CS Disc X #XX X:XX-X:XX / DE Disc X #XX X:XX-X:XX, or a similar version at SE X:XX:XX-X:XX:XX ..." ...

Maybe also track number? If it's not too much work. ;)

I'm not a na'vi expert, sry, but I'll have a look at it.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on February 21, 2011, 02:33:24 PM
Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on February 21, 2011, 09:01:33 AM

Thanks, completed ;)

Maybe also track number? If it's not too much work. ;)

I'm not a na'vi expert, sry, but I'll have a look at it.

;)

But don't get the enough time..

Moved: from a Feb 26 message

I found that this is a bit difficult to do..
because some tracks from other albums are partly changed, I can't make them into the list.. :-[

Completed one book of the next version, see this if you want to.. ;)

VER. 2 wordings stored here

Ikran Ahiyìk

Version 3 is now complete ;D

Found a PDF merging site, so now you may view the sheets in one single file ;)

There are several "merging levels":

D-level - 1 phase (44 in total) / PDF, as before
C-level - 1 verse (15 in total) / PDF
B-level - 1 part (or book, 3 in total) / PDF
A-level - all in one PDF

Expressions are there now. I'm not so sure about them, you know.
If you are interested, could you please help me to check them..? ::)

Ikran Ahiyìk

Just a little update, to let you know I'm still busy on this everyday. ;)

As you know the progress now is making version 4 of this series of Avatar sheet music, that is fingerings.
Some pics..

Page 5, 6 of track 2-4 (5.).

Page 3, 4 of track 3-1 (6.).

Page 8, 9 of track 3-2 (7.).

Track 4 (8.).

Page 1, 2 of track 5-4 (12.).

And fingerings adding is now up to this page. Something will be filled in tomorrow. :)

Page 3 of track 5-4 (12.) and page 1 of track 5-5 (13.).

Quiet for 2 months already.. :P

Kxeyo

Ok, now that you post an update and I didn't comment on the old one I feel pretty guilty. Just two things to tell you...

1. The dynamics are all ok. I did have a look at some tracks and I don't think you need to change much there. The only thing I noticed...well, look at point 2 for that. The tempi are, in contrast, not that nice. I know you don't know much about the expressions, me neither, but I think you should stick with "normal" expressions and then you could maybe add another one. I mean: Ok, scatenato. But what do you think about scatenato con moto? I don't know if moderato may appear alone. That stuff. Maybe I should really wade through all this and give you my suggestions. Some tempi are placed very well, others not. In my opinion at least.

2. I konw you're working on fingering, I've seen it. And when I look at it I still think the same way as I did before. I think there's still the same problem as before. I know that you made this piece very difficult, you tried to include everything. You payed attention to everything. The thing is...some places sound very cacophonic, especially when you work with 4 parts. That doesn't bother me, but maybe listeners who aren't so much into music. And it's not only the sound, I told you this before. The whole piece is sometimes unreadable for me. When you work with smaller and bigger notes, expressions for every part, dynamics for every part, fingering for every part...I don't even think you can play this when you pay attention at everything. Another problem: If we go back to a listener who doesn't know much, I think one of these guys wants to enjoy a melody. The main melody. And when you play other parts louder than the main melody it's harder to listen. If you'd concentrate not so much on every detail I bet you'd make it easier for you and every player. I know you want this to be perfect, but you don't need 100%. 90% are ok. For the sake of playing your transcription.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Ikran Ahiyìk

Quote from: Kxeyo Te Eanari Tsenu'itan on May 16, 2011, 11:57:23 AM
Ok, now that you post an update and I didn't comment on the old one I feel pretty guilty. Just two things to tell you...

1. The dynamics are all ok. I did have a look at some tracks and I don't think you need to change much there. The only thing I noticed...well, look at point 2 for that. The tempi are, in contrast, not that nice. I know you don't know much about the expressions, me neither, but I think you should stick with "normal" expressions and then you could maybe add another one. I mean: Ok, scatenato. But what do you think about scatenato con moto? I don't know if moderato may appear alone. That stuff.
Isn't "moderato" also a tempo marker? Just like "allegro" can appear alone, or this.
"Scatenato" itself alone may be an error (maybe not), .. umm .. I need an explain for what "con moto" really means and when to use it...
Using an expression-only marker here to me is to express the mood, and they are used as subtitles for sections, tempo is actually marked in brackets already.

Maybe I should really wade through all this and give you my suggestions. Some tempi are placed very well, others not. In my opinion at least.
This would be indeed very helpful to me, thank you for your work also. :)

2. I konw you're working on fingering, I've seen it. And when I look at it I still think the same way as I did before. I think there's still the same problem as before. I know that you made this piece very difficult, you tried to include everything. You payed attention to everything. The thing is...some places sound very cacophonic, especially when you work with 4 parts. That doesn't bother me, but maybe listeners who aren't so much into music. And it's not only the sound, I told you this before. The whole piece is sometimes unreadable for me. When you work with smaller and bigger notes, expressions for every part, dynamics for every part, fingering for every part...I don't even think you can play this when you pay attention at everything. Another problem: If we go back to a listener who doesn't know much, I think one of these guys wants to enjoy a melody. The main melody. And when you play other parts louder than the main melody it's harder to listen. If you'd concentrate not so much on every detail I bet you'd make it easier for you and every player. I know you want this to be perfect, but you don't need 100%. 90% are ok. For the sake of playing your transcription.
Yes, but what I want is only make it more close to the original, include more details than other arrangements, difficulty is only followed by this effect.
Some of them maybe hard, but not impossible to play, I'm somehow proving this by adding fingerings..
If the player want an easier, for outline-only version, then this version here maybe a bit not suitable for them.

Main melody. This.. is not a problem really, because the sheet is expecting the player the play the melody out sharply.
When you play other parts louder, play the melody even louder. The strengthness may be double for the melody, like how you play the subjects in fugues.
If this is done, surely listeners can listen to the melody...

I really don't want to show you "please tell me your comments, but I won't make any changes based on those"...
just... you know, to simplify something here is likely to rewrite something, with all the process done.
Your words are reasonable, only I can't feel them clearly, but anyway I should slightly simplify some of the famous, or really too difficult tracks.
Only... some of them can't be simplified, for example the first image up there, the original is made up by phrases of melodies and many unpitched or sliding accompaniments.
If anything there is lost, the whole sense will be broken also.
Or last page of Bio, yes it's very hard but I already know how your hand movements awesome when you are able to play it. :)

Kxeyo

I thought you gotta use moderato with something. Only seen it that way. Scatenato...well. What these tempi are about is...before you could tell someone exactly how fast the piece must be played, you had to come up with something. And that's what all that italian is for. Try to be as precise as possible with these, I'd say. Describe the whole piece.

"Con moto" means with motion, I think it'd express that you got to emphasize the rhythm, the drums in "You Don't Dream in Cryo..." Con always means "with" and is already one of these words that describe the tempo in detail. I think it's useful.

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on May 16, 2011, 11:43:30 PM
Yes, but what I want is only make it more close to the original, include more details than other arrangements, difficulty is only followed by this effect.
Some of them maybe hard, but not impossible to play, I'm somehow proving this by adding fingerings..
If the player want an easier, for outline-only version, then this version here maybe a bit not suitable for them.

When I read this...well, at least you told me that you thought of this and really pay attention at what I say. And I have to tell you I know that it's not impossible, I actually know worse things. All you gotta see is...you're writing this to be performed, right? And that's what I meant: Who will perform it? If it's so difficult but not impossible? People on here aren't virtuosi. Nor will you send your piece to some. Think of that...

Quote from: Ikran Ahiyìk on May 16, 2011, 11:43:30 PM
Your words are reasonable, only I can't feel them clearly, but anyway I should slightly simplify some of the famous, or really too difficult tracks.
Only... some of them can't be simplified, for example the first image up there, the original is made up by phrases of melodies and many unpitched or sliding accompaniments.
If anything there is lost, the whole sense will be broken also.
Or last page of Bio, yes it's very hard but I already know how your hand movements awesome when you are able to play it. :)

Concerning the difficulty now and beginners. Plus what you said...Your two examples aren't really what I thought of again. The first page is actually ok like this. And Bio with fingering may make it easier. It's just when it looks like this. It's confusing. I already thought of telling you to color the different parts, but that's stupid. Maybe Sibelius (or what do you use?) will allow you to change the appereance of the whole thing a bit. It doesn't look very pleasing.

You don't know how difficult this is for beginners, I see. Kinda thought about that. Think of as much as that: F sharp major isn't easy. (Look at "Becoming One"). When you add now this to the difficulty of 4 parts the player's pretty much done. Many players are happy with two parts. Of course you won't change that, but let me go further. You concentrate on the sharps. You concentrate on the rhythm and the different parts. Now you get told to play every part at a different volume, gotta play the main part always louder, may not forget about the legato here and there and soon odd rhythms are added. How you realize all this at once...I don't know. You gotta concentrate on so many details when you do this, plus think of people who cannot read so fast. And fingering doesn't make it easier sometimes: If you're not experienced, you can't do it anyway. Your fingers stretch to one octave, not more. If you want more you gotta "jump". Which means you need to hit the right key. The most difficult thing I could think of.

For beginners...I'd suggest none of these tracks. For people who can play a bit: Nothing beyond 50% difficulty. And you may know how many tracks are playble then. Anything beyond is already for people that are experienced. Advanced players.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Looks nice! Good work!

I'm looking forward to the following Versions!

As for the beginners:

It would be good to keep the old versions, so they could start first with "only" the notes, then they can add bit by bit more (that means the next version), so it's not all at once.

Don't give up!