Sheet Music Preview - Becoming One of the People, Becoming One With Neytiri

Started by Txur Txe’lan, February 03, 2010, 07:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur Txe’lan

Well, i stayed up all night so I could finish this section of the song. Lucky me today was a snow day. this is the middle section of the song, not the whole thing. Now for those of you who are not a fan of my music, and i will assume that is all of you, there is something i need to explain cause i know it will be a problem. i am a perfectionist in every form of the definition when it comes to music. if it doesn't sound exactly the same as the original then im not done yet. Therefor, this song sounds extremely close (if not an exact) to the original. I can assure you that it is transcribed and my computer is playing it. I'm telling you this so i can minimize the flames i always get on my music.

ok, now that i got that out of the way, here you go. hope yo like it. point out any tips, errors, problems i may have missed if you hear any. Video coming as soon as my computer stops being ADD

http://talknavi.com/audio/92/becoming-one-preview

p.s.
if anyone is familiar with Finale 2009 and wants to help, let me know. also, if anyone has any idea how i can simulate the na'vi singing, that would also help.

Barrett Ford

Ironically, I am almost done with it.  I have been using Finale Pro 2010.

Payoang

Is the link what you transcribed? I'd love to see the sheet music for this.

Txur Txe’lan

i usually make a video but for w/e reason when i record it i only get like 2 fps. l'll post some pics in a little bit. right now i need to sleep. been up for 53 hours =P

Eaite Randjam

So, are you going to be publishing instrumental parts for full orchestra or can you?  I really want to play Avatar music in full orchestra!

Txur Txe’lan

ngaaaa, James Horner just hit me with the ban hammer. Hes not allowing me to post any of my work in fear if it being released to the public, not even the video i had prepared. he states, and i quote
Quote from: James Horner"Hello <my name here>, i am very impressed with the quality of your transcription and the speed of which you were able to produce it. I appreciate the fact that you contacted me first informing me of your intentions. However, I wish that you would not release any information regarding the movie soundtrack. This includes all formate including video, text, and pictures. I hope you can respect my decision on this and i will see to it that you receive a copy of the movie score. Again, thank you for contacting me about the matter and I will be sure to contact you when I release the scores. Take Care."
although this isn't the first time its happened i have to say im rather disappointed. I must apologize to ma Skxe Eywaftu since i promised him the bass part, but i cat give it to you yet. i can however still post sound clips so you can still look forward to those.

Eaite Randjam

Well, the double edged sword strikes.  You're complimented for your skills but your request is struck down anyway.  At least he promised a copy of the scores.

I'm actually sorta happy about the way those in the movie industry are handling the requests we make.  The appreciation is mutual in terms of the work they've done and the work we do in return.

Payoang

Sound clips would be great, yes.

Also curious how you got Mr. Horner's email..

Txur Txe’lan

it took a little searching  but isnt too hard if you actually have something important to ask him. i started at the copyright office. they obviously didnt give it to me but gave me his fanmail e-mail. i got a reply back a bout a week later from who i can guess sorts his fan mail saying that he would forward my e-mail to Mr.Horner. A few days later he replied. i wish it was that easy to contact other composers.

Txur Txe’lan

UPDATE**

i finished the second half of the song today. Vibrato is a pain in the ass to replicate but i think i got it down pretty well.

http://talknavi.com/audio/89/becoming-one-preview-2

now all thats left is the beginning. But unless anyone has any ideas on how to replicate Na'vi singing and hymns then im sorta stuck on this song. my next song will probubly be "Pure Spirits of the Forest"

comments and constructive criticism are well appreciated.

Payoang

You arranged this -- and the file you posted is a recording of your orchestral transcription?

Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Feel free to clarify.

Txur Txe’lan

hmmm, thats interesting.  i know for a fact that you cant match sound waves exact like that. i must have uploaded the wrong mp3. let me check

Txur Txe’lan

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on February 16, 2010, 04:11:56 PM

now all thats left is the beginning. But unless anyone has any ideas on how to replicate Na'vi singing and hymns then im sorta stuck on this song. my next song will probubly be "Pure Spirits of the Forest"

comments and constructive criticism are well appreciated.

Nice use of dynamics.  For the hymn singing, you could make a request for singers.  If possible, get the words and arrange sheet music for Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bass and you might get some good recordings.  I know I'd be willing to help in that capacity.

(You could even use Auto-Tune!  JK)

Txur Txe’lan

iv been thinking that that probably the only thing i can do. its near imposable to match words in a strictly notation process. my only worry about that trying to record audio from different people who aren't in the same room can be an editors nightmare. Lots of room for human error like temp, pitch, dynamics, articulation, etc. everyone sings differently.

Eaite Randjam

Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on February 17, 2010, 11:01:32 PM
iv been thinking that that probably the only thing i can do. its near imposable to match words in a strictly notation process. my only worry about that trying to record audio from different people who aren't in the same room can be an editors nightmare. Lots of room for human error like temp, pitch, dynamics, articulation, etc. everyone sings differently.
Hmmm

You could go to the nearest High School and ask their choir to take a look at the music and record it (assuming the nearest High School has a choir).  As for the words to the hymns, I'm sure someone out there has em.

Payoang

Quote from: Txur Txe'lan on February 16, 2010, 11:10:01 PM
yea, i did upload the wrong one. here is the correct one.
http://talknavi.com/audio/90/becoming-one-preview-2

No, you uploaded a copied section from the soundtrack. Thrice. And you're passing it off as your own work. Locking this.