Sheet Music sample - War

Started by Payoang, February 03, 2010, 02:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payoang

What an awesome piece. The main reason I'm arranging it is because of the trumpet solo near the second part of the song. If you listen to the soundtrack as obsessively as I do, you'll understand.

The second section (after I skip around 40 measures) needs a new meter (4/4 + 3/4), since the syncopation doesn't allow for a rhythmically okay 7/4.

Oh yes, and Work-in-progress.

Payoang

Close to finishing War sheet music. It's already 7 pages -- and that's with having left out some of the more complicated enharmonious segments.

Have a MIDI, so you can follow along.

Eaite Randjam

Would you say the rest counts are accurate to the soundtrack?  I tried following along with the music to the War track and got lost a couple times.  Of course, most of it I could follow and identify in the music to get back on track.

Thanks for posting this.

Payoang

I did take out some of the rests, but those should soon be filled in. (Once I find time in the midst of midterms..)

FamousMassacre1

I know this is ALOT to ask, but could you make it into a band arrangement? My director said he would have us play it if I got the score. Don't worry, you have until next year :P

Payoang

Bumping because I can.

The WAR arrangement is finished!

It's a bit more difficult than the official sheet music, but it's nearly the entire song, instead of only the first 5 minutes. Oh, and it's arranged for the accelerated pianist, with a few fun quirks along the way. Hope you like it!

http://sebastianwolff.info/dl?f=avatar/Avatar_War_(Piano-Sheet-Music).pdf

Kayrìlien

WOW, dude...I bought the Sheet Music book that they put out a little while ago, and your arrangement just blows theirs out of the water. I mean, obviously they have to simplify it a bit to make the music more accessible to everyone (including myself, for someone that's been playing for twelve years I really suck).

This is really great!

Kayrìlien

Eaite Randjam

Good arrangement.  I thought your choice to leave out 6 measures during the synthesized portion, although a little odd at first, was a good choice.  I'm glad to see the left hand getting some melodic love in the appropriate parts, where the right hand has to provide the chord and rhythm voicing for once.  This certainly is a challenging piece, more appropriate for well advanced pianists as you mentioned.

Thank you for sharing this arrangement with us!

guest2859

Hm... I forgot: For the march, the third movement is 'War'.

(2nd is Bioluminescence, I forgot the 1st)

Kxeyo

Ok, sorry for that silly question, but what march? ???

...This arrangement is another great reason to start playing piano. I have to start learning this as soon as possible!
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P