Female
19 (70.4%)
Male
8 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: January 18, 2010, 10:04:14 AM

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Kaltxì,

Since I was having some issues with people thining I'm the opposite sex, I'd like to ask you if you think my name sounds (fe)male. To do this fair, the poll is open for one week (7 days) and you can only see results after voting. You can't change your vote. I'd like to ask you to please vote because I want to make sure that people can see which gender I am by reading my name.

I know this message sounds weird, but it really kept me busy,

Eywa ngahu,

Tanhì Tireafya'o.

Note: Please don't read some of my early messages. I'd also like to know if the way my name is written is correct?

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Coyote

It does seem feminine, but bear in mind you're asking humans. An actual Na'vi may find it normal for a male, or, it may be unisex.

They may not even see that as a normal name at all, too. A lot of the names chosen here are translations of human-Earth names; but as far as real Na'vi names go, we don't know what Tsu'tey, Neytiri, Mo'at, Ninat, etc actually mean (if anything at all). And they adapted Jakesully as a name without asking him what the name means. 

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

ZombiezuRFER

I read that the -an suffix is representitive of males, so it seems male to me
Help my dragons grow! Click them!

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!
http://horatsiz.wikia.c

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Alright, since voting is 7:2 (Female, Male)

I'd like to know how I make it sound more male. I know I'm asking humans, but hey, I'll only be using this name around here, and most of you are humans (don't know if there are bots). I mean, the meaning of it may sound feminine but I actually want a name, something like it's right now, but then that you almost can't doubt about if it's male or female.

ZombiezuRFER

give me internets!

Randomness is the cheese on the nachos of life, and everyone knows nachos aren't good without cheese

Help me with my wiki!

Txura Tirea

Hehe, I guess my name sounds pretty feminine too, but I'm a male I can assure you.

I think your name isn't feminine at all.
"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Maybe it's an option to show your gender right under name (or have your status of post count (Like Ketuwong, Tawtute, Uniltìrantokx, 'Eveng change into something that shows your gender LOL. Like Tsmuk. -> Tsmukan/Tsmuke. You can directly see wheter the person is talking about boys or girls.

And yeah, William does sounds male. :P

Coyote

Masculine names? William works. But think outside the box:

Beef Ripsteak
Gristle McThornbody
Fist Rockpunch
Big McLargeHuge
Growl Turkpuncher
Bubba Joe Jim-bob
Dennis

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

ZombiezuRFER

give me internets!

Help me with my wiki!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Coyote on January 12, 2010, 04:48:06 PM
Masculine names? William works. But think outside the box:

Big McLargeHuge

Jay?
私は太った男だ。

Tanhì Tireafya'o

I think it's mostly the Tireafya'o that makes it sound female. Well, I'm used to it now. Everyone just has to remember this  :P

Seze

I'm sure my name sounds really feminine as well.  Didn't realize that Neytiri's ikran was female until I saw the movie again.  Also never thought to look up the name's meaning before locking myself into it (I could change it, but I've made too many posts at this point, might confuse people).  Oh well, I can live with it. 

Back to your name, I have a hard time figuring out gender from a Na'vi style name.  When in doubt, I click on the name and if the person set a gender in their profile, its really easy to see it in their profile.  Good luck in figuring out what to do...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tanhì Tireafya'o

Yeah, but most people don't do that :P
Instead of Child of the Ikran Tribe of the Eastern Sea I now have set: Son of the Ikran Tribe of the Eastern Sea.. Hoping some people will see it now :P

We are Omaticaya

yea It sounds some what female
Join the Xbox live Learn Na'vi Group. Message the listed (Xbox live) members below if you are interested in joining. 

Gamer-tags
- Kewong Tsamsiyu
- Vrrtep Tsamsiyu
- Txur Tsamsiyu

ZombiezuRFER

Well does the name Txur Txe'lan sound female to you guys? Now that his problem has pretty much been solved, I'd like to know about mine before I use it widely.  This could be like the debate topic on male vs. female names.

give me internets!

Help me with my wiki!

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

It sounds pretty male to me.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

ZombiezuRFER

give me internets!

Help me with my wiki!

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

all this talk about names made me realize that I forgot the x at the end of Nìwotx.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Tanhì Tireafya'o

So I guess I just have to life with it. :P
Like you are going to act different if I'm male or female xD

Thanks for all the help. ;D