Main Menu

2010s obituary

Started by Vawmataw, December 01, 2019, 04:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawmataw

At every end of the year I have a feeling I can't explain about the past and the future. It's like a chapter that's ending and I'm looking back at what's happened to better look towards the future.

Now it's not just a year that's ending but also a whole decade. A lot happened politically, socially, environmentally but also personally. A lot of us were kids or teens and are now adults or so. Still, a lot is awaiting us for the next decade.

It's time to say bye bye to the 2010s, I guess. Let's maybe party on 2011 songs ;D
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 01, 2019, 04:35:12 PM
Now it's not just a year that's ending but also a whole decade. A lot happened politically, socially, environmentally but also personally. A lot of us were kids or teens and are now adults or so. Still, a lot is awaiting us for the next decade.
Yeah, this is right completelly.

Quote from: Vawmataw on December 01, 2019, 04:35:12 PM
It's time to say bye bye to the 2010s, I guess. Let's maybe party on 2011 songs ;D
;D ;D
Yeah, bye bye the 2010s.

archaic

Avatar rounded off the 2000's and started out the 2010's, the 2020's will have four Avatar movies, what a decade it's going to be!
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

archaic

Goodbye 2010's, it is with mixed emotions that I leave you behind. For better of worse, whatever else, you were rarely boring!

I most sincerely hope the 2020's will be a better decade, for all our sakes. It is perhaps the last decade in which humans can prevent their own extinction. I pray that it is not already too late, but fear it may be.

Toliman

Yeah, goodbye 2010's.

Quote from: archaic on December 31, 2019, 07:32:15 PM
Goodbye 2010's, it is with mixed emotions that I leave you behind. For better of worse, whatever else, you were rarely boring!

I most sincerely hope the 2020's will be a better decade, for all our sakes. It is perhaps the last decade in which humans can prevent their own extinction. I pray that it is not already too late, but fear it may be.
This!

Mech

Mathematically, the decade begins with 2021 :D

Mech the party-ruiner :P

Toliman

Vawmataw

QuoteThe Twenty-Twenties will start in 2020. The Third Decade of the Twenty-First Century will start in 2021.
;)

archaic

Vawmataw

I begin to regret leaving the 2010's. ;D

Toliman

Vawmataw

archaic

At least it hasn't been dull?

Also, it has mostly been good for the environment, apart from the forest fires, poaching, illegal logging, etc, etc.

Toliman

Ah yeah, that is true.