mercúrio thiocyanate

Started by Beduino, December 24, 2009, 09:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beduino

just.. WTF?? :o

mercúrio thiocyanate
tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

Étienne

I am not exactly sure what I was watching. But a piece of rock that expands kinda odd.

shiaru

Let me shed some light on this please do not call me science geek, I just like to dabble on a million subjects.

this is a chemical reaction, simply Mercury(II) thiocyanate decomposition. This is also known as the Pharaoh's Snake. It is a dangerous experiment. The formed product is mainly carbon nitride, C3N4. It should be done in caution since sulfur(IV) oxide, and Mercury(II) sulfide vapors are released.

~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

Étienne

Also I think a certain type of firecracker does this effect as well.

Beduino

Idk, just know it's cool hahahaha
tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

Brainiac

Quote from: shiaru on December 24, 2009, 10:20:11 PM
Let me shed some light on this please do not call me science geek, I just like to dabble on a million subjects.

this is a chemical reaction, simply Mercury(II) thiocyanate decomposition. This is also known as the Pharaoh's Snake. It is a dangerous experiment. The formed product is mainly carbon nitride, C3N4. It should be done in caution since sulfur(IV) oxide, and Mercury(II) sulfide vapors are released.

the girl in the vid warns the others not to stand in the smoke  ;D
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Zalorticus

Well, I know what I will be using next All Hallow's Eve.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

shiaru

It would create a creepy show, keep children under 14 away though.
~Oe lu tanhì taronyu.~

Txur’Itan

Quote from: shiaru on December 24, 2009, 10:20:11 PM

This reaction used to be a toy... In the 1980's they were sold in buttons for kids to play with on the 4th of july.

I am glad that my parents finally read the packaging.
私は太った男だ。