Are you searching for love?

Started by Txur’Itan, March 28, 2010, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you searching for love, are you searching here?

Yes. Hetero
28 (50.9%)
Yes. Bi
4 (7.3%)
Yes. Gay
0 (0%)
No.
22 (40%)
Have Found Love here!
0 (0%)
Have Found Love elsewhere!
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Elektrolurch

Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Neykun

I think pretty much all of us have been in that deep, seemingly insurmountable trench, but the important thing is not to let yourself be defeated.  When I was younger, my mother would tell me Bible stories (as my family is Christian), and one of the things she would stress to me is the idea that (according to the Bible) somewhere in the world is the girl who I am meant to be with.  She would say that it's never worth it to mourn for too long over a destroyed relationship, because in the scheme of things you're only wasting time.  Now, being only 18 years old, I won't pretend to have a whole lot of experience with long term relationships, but I truly feel that my mother is right in what she said to me.  Your "someone" could be on the other side of the world or right down the street, but the point is you just don't know.  I can't even remember how many times it has seemed as if that thought was the only thing keeping me from shriveling up and dying from heartache.  It may be easy for someone who's not in your position to say this, but continually seeking the wrong person might only be clouding your vision.  The right one could be right under your nose, but you cannot see the forest for the trees.  Anyway, I very much agree with what Tsamsiyu is saying.  Life is shorter than any of us know.
~insert awesome signature here~

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Srane, life is short. Shorter still if we do not embrace love and compassion. This is what being a Buddhist and a Pagan has taught me. The phone store guy has not called, and my aunt may not be getting his company's service. I will go out on a limb and ask him out when I next see him. It's all or nothing at this point.

Quote from: Neykun on March 31, 2010, 08:40:55 PM
I think pretty much all of us have been in that deep, seemingly insurmountable trench, but the important thing is not to let yourself be defeated.  When I was younger, my mother would tell me Bible stories (as my family is Christian), and one of the things she would stress to me is the idea that (according to the Bible) somewhere in the world is the girl who I am meant to be with.  She would say that it's never worth it to mourn for too long over a destroyed relationship, because in the scheme of things you're only wasting time.  Now, being only 18 years old, I won't pretend to have a whole lot of experience with long term relationships, but I truly feel that my mother is right in what she said to me.  Your "someone" could be on the other side of the world or right down the street, but the point is you just don't know.  I can't even remember how many times it has seemed as if that thought was the only thing keeping me from shriveling up and dying from heartache.  It may be easy for someone who's not in your position to say this, but continually seeking the wrong person might only be clouding your vision.  The right one could be right under your nose, but you cannot see the forest for the trees.  Anyway, I very much agree with what Tsamsiyu is saying.  Life is shorter than any of us know.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

ShadowMainZERO

Irayo, ma frapo. The thing is I prayed long and hard about it before I started to get closer to her. I thought I had a sign that she was the one and when I prayed about it after finding out that she had a boyfriend I got another sign. So yeah... I guess I am at an impasse atm.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Prayer. I'm hurt and jaded, yet I still belive there is someone out there for each of us, our soulmate. My aunt doesn't think I should ask Phone store Guy out, because I already gave him my number, but what do I have to loose by doing it?

Quote from: Zelenal on March 31, 2010, 09:18:58 PM
Irayo, ma frapo. The thing is I prayed long and hard about it before I started to get closer to her. I thought I had a sign that she was the one and when I prayed about it after finding out that she had a boyfriend I got another sign. So yeah... I guess I am at an impasse atm.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atsteu on April 01, 2010, 12:34:57 AM
Prayer. I'm hurt and jaded, yet I still belive there is someone out there for each of us, our soulmate. My aunt doesn't think I should ask Phone store Guy out, because I already gave him my number, but what do I have to loose by doing it?

I must say this.  If he has not called yet, he is probably only superficially interested, or not deeply interested.  If you have not dated yet, you and he may not find out if that could change.  If he does not ask, you may not go out, and you will not find out.  If you do not ask, nothing will have changed from what your or he does, and what you and he know of each other. 

Also, there is always a chance, that just maybe, this guy is not the best guy for you, maybe you deserve better than he can offer as far as hope, supporting emotions, and genuine love. 

So ask; even if he says no, smile, accept it, scratch him off the list, and begin the hunt again. If he says yes, then you will be glad you asked.
私は太った男だ。

Étienne

What do you mean Txur'Itan you can look at who voted by clicking the little button above the poll.  ;D

ShadowMainZERO

I saw her at school today. I didn't really talk to her though because there were too many people and when I really talk to her I want it to be a bit more private and her boyfriend was with her most of the time. I talked to my mom about it and she basically said what you guys said. If she is the one God has planned for me then it doesn't matter who she dates since she will still end p with me (assuming the world doesn't end first). So I guess I will just wait and see what happens for now. Judging by she last time she really talked to me at Christmas last year and how she looks at me it still seams that she has some interest in me so... I don't know.

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Étienne on April 01, 2010, 03:09:39 AM
What do you mean Txur'Itan you can look at who voted by clicking the little button above the poll.  ;D

No, if I could, I would have been fairly clear on this...  Because, I have no such button showing up for me in thread views I have. 

Either you are lying as very tasteless April Fools Joke, or you have a button that has not appeared for me, in which case what I said still accurate.

So which is it? What is this ethereal button are you speaking of?  If it is real, drop the link here.
私は太った男だ。

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Stupid me... guy at sprint store has a stupid girlfriend (saw his phone as he was teaching my aunt to use hers, which she only got by using my Name and social security.)... shoulda realized he wouldn't realyl be interested in me. He wants to go back to family biz... horses. I may have a job, in my dream field, but #@$ I wish someone would love me. :/ It's hopeless. I'm just so sick of being alone. No want wants me that way. I am a fool to think anyone would be attracted to me.

ShadowMainZERO

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atsteu on April 02, 2010, 09:55:34 PM
Stupid me... guy at sprint store has a stupid girlfriend (saw his phone as he was teaching my aunt to use hers, which she only got by using my Name and social security.)... shoulda realized he wouldn't realyl be interested in me. He wants to go back to family biz... horses. I may have a job, in my dream field, but #@$ I wish someone would love me. :/ It's hopeless. I'm just so sick of being alone. No want wants me that way. I am a fool to think anyone would be attracted to me.

Kehe. Don't start that. There's only enough room for one persson with self-estem issues. Seriously, you'll find the right guy who will love you for who you are. How people tìng nari doesn't matter. It's how the kame you that counts.

Txur’Itan

THE GOOD:
What sort of guy are you looking for?
What age range?
What qualities?

THE BAD:
What things would would you not like, or be prone to frustration over?

THE UGLY:
What sort of guys have you rejected in the past?
私は太った男だ。

Swokéyan

I dont know much about relationships but if you know a guy you really like, just try to go for it.
And dont forget.. people who dont know you will judge you by how you look, its shallow, but true :P
So my best advice would be make sure you look a little pretty, know what you want to say to him, and be yourself. :D That usually does it.
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Txur’Itan

THE GOOD:
What age range?
What qualities?

THE BAD:

THE UGLY:

Quote from: Swokéyan on April 02, 2010, 10:50:39 PM
I dont know much about relationships but if you know a guy you really like, just try to go for it.

And dont forget.. people who dont know you will judge you by how you look, its shallow, but true :P

I would not worry about that.

So my best advice would be make sure you look a little pretty, know what you want to say to him, and be yourself. :D That usually does it.

The values of the aesthetic are entirely subjective.  No person can be more or less beautiful than they are at that moment, save the moment when it is appreciated for what it is, or more so than it has been. 

There are artificial imposed ideas of what beauty is, and these are a perversion in my opinion...

I would simply say, be healthy.

Also, everyone should drink more water, I know I need to. =)
私は太った男だ。

'Itan Atxur

I am the king of being single/rejected/heart broken. I'm completely and totally sick of being single, particularly so after my latest rejection. But as tough as it's been, I've not only managed to cope, but to be happy. I live for the moment and not for the future and especially not for the past. I do whatever it takes to be happy today, because that snowballs into future happieness.

My recommendation would be to ignore the fact that your single, because dwelling on that will make you unhappy. Being unhappy makes you on at least some level not be yourself. If your not yourself you won't find a person who loves you for who you are because, well, you're not you.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Na'vi Kxanìa Taronyu

I understand about that 'Itan.

I had a girlfriend who dumped me because she was going out with someone else...AT LEAST COME UP ABOUT IT!!!  I cursed her out in Na'vi...you should have seen the puzzled look on her face!!  LMAO ;D
I am a Video Producer, Webpage Designer, Na'Vi enthusiast, BMW fanatic, and a Mac OS X Server Certified Server Administrator.

I am The People's Forbidden Hunter
Oel ngati kameie!

I don't know where to turn, as my future is clouded.  The future is a haze, as my path is unclear.  Will my loyalty stick with my Terran race, or will it stick with the Na'vi?

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Srane, water is good. :P I've pretty much stopped drinking soda altogether. I'm rather proud about that :) Hard habit to kick.

THE GOOD:
What sort of guy are you looking for? Single (duh lol) professional, mature, taller than me, marraige ready, or the type that's starting to consider that
What age range? 23-30
What qualities? caring, funny, intelligent, animal lover, open minded, kind, adventurous, likes the outdoors, geeky, nerdy, bookworm, those sort of things. Someone that values my mind as much if not more than my body.

THE BAD:
What things would would you not like, or be prone to frustration over? smoking (smoking is what killed my sa'nok) religion I can most likely deal with, as long as he respects my faith, too. I can be jealous and I have a temper, though meditation and martial arts has helped a lot on that front. As long as he respects me (and all women!) and respects my mind, body and heart, I don't see much I couldn't compromise with. Someone with antiquated "women are submissive" views I would NEVER tolerate. I want a partner, an equal, a friend as well as a lover, as corny as it might sound :P I want someone that shares my political views as well and can hold a good debate. Looks fade, I want someone I can talk with, have mentally stimulating conversations with.

THE UGLY:
Honestly, only my now ex-fiancee. I broke off my first ever relationship (first date I had was at 19 and I found him on the internet... like everyone else I met, actually) because it seemed like the guy was giving me gifts with the intention of wanting one thing... ya know? I didn't like that and he dumped me via email, which was fine, because I had wanted to tell him in person, but he did it for me. After him I went out with another guy three times, but I botched that, then after that I dated a guy that's now like a brother to me (we're both in the SCA). I've not much experience at all in relationships, which is a problem. I didn't have a normal social experience in high school(thank you bullying).

Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 02, 2010, 11:00:04 PM

THE GOOD:
What age range?
What qualities?

THE BAD:

THE UGLY:

I would not worry about that.

The values of the aesthetic are entirely subjective.  No person can be more or less beautiful than they are at that moment, save the moment when it is appreciated for what it is, or more so than it has been. 

There are artificial imposed ideas of what beauty is, and these are a perversion in my opinion...

I would simply say, be healthy.

Also, everyone should drink more water, I know I need to. =)

Txur’Itan

'Itan Atxur 

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

?
私は太った男だ。

Neykun

Try to remember that no one is perfect.  Even your "perfect match", the one who you're supposed to be with, is going to have flaws, as this is just a part of our existence until we die.  I think the important thing is finding the right balance of ups and downs in a person.  If you can find someone who connects with you on your most fundamental levels, you've done good.  Who cares if he's a little cynical, obsessively collects old corny VHS movies, and loves his corvette a little bit too much (using my own sempul as an example :P, my sa'nok loves him anyway).  Also, if I were you I wouldn't necessarily look at "marriage ready" as an absolute requirement or you might end up with someone who wants to get married just for the heck of getting married.  When you find the guy you're looking for, make him want to marry you by being so awesome that he can't imagine living without you.  (no pressure, right? ;D)

One more thing, this might be cliche and maybe even a little harsh, but I believe it's 100% true that you have to love yourself before anyone else will love you.  I don't mean the kind of self-love that involves spending excessive amounts of time in front of the mirror stroking your hair and whispering to yourself how sexy you are, just be happy with who you are, no matter what.  I don't think it's entirely your fault that you're single.  I say "not entirely" because the bad choices were yours, but the rest of it is just the cruelty of fate, I'm afraid.

By the way, I agree completely about smoking.  I definitely wouldn't want to live with that :-X
~insert awesome signature here~

Niawve Mokri

Quote from: Neykun on April 03, 2010, 08:29:47 AM
Try to remember that no one is perfect.  Even your "perfect match", the one who you're supposed to be with, is going to have flaws, as this is just a part of our existence until we die.  I think the important thing is finding the right balance of ups and downs in a person.  If you can find someone who connects with you on your most fundamental levels, you've done good.  Who cares if he's a little cynical, obsessively collects old corny VHS movies, and loves his corvette a little bit too much (using my own sempul as an example :P, my sa'nok loves him anyway).  Also, if I were you I wouldn't necessarily look at "marriage ready" as an absolute requirement or you might end up with someone who wants to get married just for the heck of getting married.  When you find the guy you're looking for, make him want to marry you by being so awesome that he can't imagine living without you.  (no pressure, right? ;D)

One more thing, this might be cliche and maybe even a little harsh, but I believe it's 100% true that you have to love yourself before anyone else will love you.  I don't mean the kind of self-love that involves spending excessive amounts of time in front of the mirror stroking your hair and whispering to yourself how sexy you are, just be happy with who you are, no matter what.  I don't think it's entirely your fault that you're single.  I say "not entirely" because the bad choices were yours, but the rest of it is just the cruelty of fate, I'm afraid.

By the way, I agree completely about smoking.  I definitely wouldn't want to live with that :-X

Wow....very well spoken. I totally agree.  :)