Are you searching for love?

Started by Txur’Itan, March 28, 2010, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you searching for love, are you searching here?

Yes. Hetero
28 (50.9%)
Yes. Bi
4 (7.3%)
Yes. Gay
0 (0%)
No.
22 (40%)
Have Found Love here!
0 (0%)
Have Found Love elsewhere!
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Srane, srane. Oe omum, ma tsmukan. Very well said. I'm not looking for perfect, just someone that shares hobbies and ideas with me, and is my equal. I know all too well I'm not perfect. I just want someone that knows that and loves me anyway, geekiness and all :P At almost 26, I feel the need to start looking to settle down, and make a family. I blame that on my hormones, because until I was 22, I didn't care, and hated kids :P

The one good thing about going to the sprint phone store yesterday is that my crush's family business is... horses. I love horses. He was *Very* interested in hiring me, especially since he himself does not ride and the people that board at his parent's place want their horses ridden. That was all that was stopping him from taking the reins, so to speak, so I suppose there is a silver lining? It was rather serendipitous, as I was wearing horse jewelry and he had just happened to mention his parents' business. I'm still bummed, even though he is off limits, because I really was (physically) attracted to him. I have no idea how to go about looking for a mate, and honestly, that is one of my goals, along with a good career, getting married.

Yes, smoking is nasty... amazed I never took it up with ma sa'nok and sempul doing it (ma sempul quit, as did my aunt).

Quote from: Neykun on April 03, 2010, 08:29:47 AM
Try to remember that no one is perfect.  Even your "perfect match", the one who you're supposed to be with, is going to have flaws, as this is just a part of our existence until we die.  I think the important thing is finding the right balance of ups and downs in a person.  If you can find someone who connects with you on your most fundamental levels, you've done good.  Who cares if he's a little cynical, obsessively collects old corny VHS movies, and loves his corvette a little bit too much (using my own sempul as an example :P, my sa'nok loves him anyway).  Also, if I were you I wouldn't necessarily look at "marriage ready" as an absolute requirement or you might end up with someone who wants to get married just for the heck of getting married.  When you find the guy you're looking for, make him want to marry you by being so awesome that he can't imagine living without you.  (no pressure, right? ;D)

One more thing, this might be cliche and maybe even a little harsh, but I believe it's 100% true that you have to love yourself before anyone else will love you.  I don't mean the kind of self-love that involves spending excessive amounts of time in front of the mirror stroking your hair and whispering to yourself how sexy you are, just be happy with who you are, no matter what.  I don't think it's entirely your fault that you're single.  I say "not entirely" because the bad choices were yours, but the rest of it is just the cruelty of fate, I'm afraid.

By the way, I agree completely about smoking.  I definitely wouldn't want to live with that :-X
To live in the past is to die in the present.

'Itan Atxur

Just remember that same + same = samesame. My parents are polar opposites and they've had a (nearly) perfect merriage.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Txur’Itan

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on April 03, 2010, 03:56:07 PM
Just remember that same + same = samesame. My parents are polar opposites and they've had a (nearly) perfect merriage.

That is cool.  I wish that were true of every relationship.

My parents were both very conservative, and religious, and they have hated each other since they got divorced in the 1980's. 

My Ex-wife and I had very little in common, and we can still have a pleasant and polite conversation.  But, we are still divorced.

My youngest full-brother and his current wife have almost nothing in common and their relationship is the most stable I have ever been associated with in my life.
私は太った男だ。

Swokéyan

Hmm love is a strange thing...
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Elektrolurch

You're more than double-aged than me, but: I'm quite sure, that I'll never find an RL mate... This is caused my severel reasons I don't want to enumerate here... but if anyone truly wants to know about that, PM. :)
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: uniltìyìranyu on April 03, 2010, 04:04:02 PM
You're more than double-aged than me, but: I'm quite sure, that I'll never find an RL mate... This is caused my severel reasons I don't want to enumerate here... but if anyone truly wants to know about that, PM. :)

Well you should definitely try to stay local at your age, it is safer for you in this rather harsh world.
私は太った男だ。

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Ok now I just feel old :P

quote author=uniltìyìranyu link=topic=7406.msg172161#msg172161 date=1270328642]
[/quote]

Elektrolurch

Ah sry :) I was talkin about Txur`Itan :) Anyway, it's me who has to feel young. ^^

Txur’Itan

Quote from: uniltìyìranyu on April 04, 2010, 03:48:56 AM
Ah sry :) I was talkin about Txur`Itan :) Anyway, it's me who has to feel young. ^^

Gee, thanks...  ;D  I am glad to be THE person you think of as old...   ::)  :P  :'(
私は太った男だ。

Elektrolurch

In contrast to me, yes. ::)

Anyway, sorry. :( I didn't want that...

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Yah well I still feel old so :P

I just found out last night from a friend that my now ex fiancee had been cheating on me for a while, and that his RL friends all knew. No one ever told me and the.. girl he's with now is less attractive than me. I'm not even angry anymore, just numb. I'm hoping that when I get another car and can get back into the SCA, I might have better luck with guys that actually have morals.

Swokéyan

Aw i feel bad for you :/ but its clearly not your fault, that guy is just an a******..
Lurkin' the forums
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atsteu on April 04, 2010, 12:39:00 PM
Yah well I still feel old so :P

I just found out last night from a friend that my now ex fiancee had been cheating on me for a while, and that his RL friends all knew. No one ever told me and the.. girl he's with now is less attractive than me. I'm not even angry anymore, just numb. I'm hoping that when I get another car and can get back into the SCA, I might have better luck with guys that actually have morals.

My last three relationships where ended because the other person was unable to only be with just me.  And they all left... 

Believe me, I understand that pain...
私は太った男だ。

ExLibrisMortis

Been reading through this thread and it has struck a very interesting nerve. I had at one point loved a girl very much. never reallybeing the sociable type, throughout High school, it was a big deal to take her to all the school dances/events my senior year. Being a life long friend, or at least as long as I had been living here in Arizona, I had grown with her and to love her. Yet,the summer came around and we parted for visiting family and such. Then she went off too college, and came back with a fiance that Christmas. I guess the feelings weren't mutual. Yet, out of respect, I made no qualm nor quarrel and let her decision be what she wished. She is now married to that lucky guy, and I'm happy for her.

Other me, I miss the woman's embrace. Not sexually, just being able to sit and stare at the stars, or watch a movie while holding the girl I love most dear. That for me is the thing I miss the most. To have someone there for me, and someone I can be there for, for eternity. I have let her go and although I do wish for another opportunity to meet yet another girl, my life's situation keeps me from going out and meeting people. Hopefully when college comes around, things will change. Who knows, there is a plan set forth, and maybe one day mine will become clear.

Eyamsiyu

I am actually in a relationship right now with someone from my college, but there's only one woman who can capture my heart.

Her name is Pearl Vision VMX.   ;D

With all honesty though, I am looking for it, but find that for what I want to do as a profession, it would be best advised to not do so.  I will probably be traveling a lot, and should I have a family, I'd hate to end up being the bad father that seems so characteristic of society.

To truly understand and master an art, you can't just practice and study it: you live it.  I live music.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Kxeyey on April 05, 2010, 01:44:51 AM
Quote from: Autakuk'Ekong on April 04, 2010, 02:42:55 PM
I am actually in a relationship right now with someone from my college, but there's only one woman who can capture my heart.

Her name is Pearl Vision VMX.   ;D

With all honesty though, I am looking for it, but find that for what I want to do as a profession, it would be best advised to not do so.  I will probably be traveling a lot, and should I have a family, I'd hate to end up being the bad father that seems so characteristic of society.

To truly understand and master an art, you can't just practice and study it: you live it.  I live music.
thats a kind of sad out look for someone currently in a relationship ....  i promise im not trying to attack you or anything like that ... but the only reason i have ever gotten into a relationship was with the hopes it would end up being long term otherwise there is no point to me    and  i feel like if i thought that way it would hurt my partners feelings so be careful  and appreciate your partner :)

Don't worry about it, man: I know my values are a little screwed up (it helps that she's a musician as well).  But I've never been fond of dating, and that also goes along with beliefs on marriage, which are that it should have no basis on romance (though it can help).  It is, more or less, based on traditional ideas of marriage.

The funny thing is, the last relationship I was in before this one was really my first, and it lasted a good 7 months.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Txur’Itan

Marriage can be exciting, fun, stressful, liberating, confining.  Balancing these feelings to surrender to the love that brought such a thing together, is to leave your heart vulnerable, yet open to the wonders of such a union. 

Sadly, there are those who have one foot in the marriage, and one foot holding the exit door open, this can have a crushing result on anyone who has walked all the way into the room, especially once the other person decides to step out never to return. 
私は太った男だ。

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

Marriage should not be for convenience or business. It should be about love. My one reason for dating is to fall in love with a suitable guy, get married to him, have a family (and a career). I can't understand people that are against that. Without love, why bother marrying in the first place?  ???

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Tsamsiyu Atsteu on April 05, 2010, 08:21:08 PM
Marriage should not be for convenience or business. It should be about love. My one reason for dating is to fall in love with a suitable guy, get married to him, have a family (and a career). I can't understand people that are against that. Without love, why bother marrying in the first place?  ???

I wish I could answer that question, for me, it was all a part of where I was headed with my ex-wife, but she was the one with her foot in the door.  I kept thinking that she was all in like me...

For her, she was treating the whole thing like a casual break up, and that it was no big deal to her.
私は太った男だ。

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kxeyey on April 05, 2010, 07:55:37 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 05, 2010, 02:18:57 PM
Marriage can be exciting, fun, stressful, liberating, confining.  Balancing these feelings to surrender to the love that brought such a thing together, is to leave your heart vulnerable, yet open to the wonders of such a union. 

Sadly, there are those who have one foot in the marriage, and one foot holding the exit door open, this can have a crushing result on anyone who has walked all the way into the room, especially once the other person decides to step out never to return. 
thats a very interesting way of putting it  and its true i seen so many cases where that one person was using their foot as a door stopper ... yet the other person who jumped head first into the room had no clue   its sad :( 

It is...  I guess sometimes, being in love is not enough for some people, or never really existed for others...

Funny thing is, my ex-wife told me she is not sure that she ever actually loved me.  I think that really just shut me down.
私は太った男だ。