Are you searching for love?

Started by Txur’Itan, March 28, 2010, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you searching for love, are you searching here?

Yes. Hetero
28 (50.9%)
Yes. Bi
4 (7.3%)
Yes. Gay
0 (0%)
No.
22 (40%)
Have Found Love here!
0 (0%)
Have Found Love elsewhere!
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 54

bommel

I spend too much time on other things, no time atm o0
But I'm in love with music ;D

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 28, 2010, 02:45:04 PM
{cut}

I have given up on love, it has crushed me, broken me, destroyed me, but that is no reason for it to do the same for the searching ones.  Try to be respectful, and understand that I have a serious idea for creating a venue.  So this phase is an initial research poll.

...and now that our dear mod has chosen to resurrect this thread I was wondering: is this a second phase in your process?
Also, please don't count on me voting here, and consider me neutral.  Ohel fìtsenge tok fpi Na'vi li'fyati nì'aw.  Tslam srak?

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Elektrolurch

Quote from: bommel on June 20, 2010, 09:34:27 AM

Yep.. same here. ::) :D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: ll.sxkxawng on June 20, 2010, 10:26:24 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on March 28, 2010, 02:45:04 PM
{cut}

I have given up on love, it has crushed me, broken me, destroyed me, but that is no reason for it to do the same for the searching ones.  Try to be respectful, and understand that I have a serious idea for creating a venue.  So this phase is an initial research poll.

...and now that our dear mod has chosen to resurrect this thread I was wondering: is this a second phase in your process?
Also, please don't count on me voting here, and consider me neutral.  Ohel fìtsenge tok fpi Na'vi li'fyati nì'aw.  Tslam srak?

Not Yet.  The Discussions seemed to wander a bit, and thee was a bit of a concern that there would be TROLLS, so I wanted to be cautious how I moved forward.

Quote from: Virid'ian on June 21, 2010, 02:40:14 AM

Being in-love with music is a valid passion.  However, music can never truly love you back, will you be satisfied with such unrequited love?
私は太った男だ。

Elektrolurch

Right, but music can't hate you. :)

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Virid'ian on June 21, 2010, 12:21:08 PM
Right, but music can't hate you. :)

So you are not searching for love, you are searching for a hatless life?

Seems to me like a topic for a completely different thread. =)
私は太った男だ。

bommel

Quote from: Txur'Itan on June 21, 2010, 12:19:58 PM

Being in-love with music is a valid passion.  However, music can never truly love you back, will you be satisfied with such unrequited love?
At least you could turn it off when you don't want it without breaking up ;)

Eana Tanhì

Quote from: bommel on June 21, 2010, 12:23:20 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on June 21, 2010, 12:19:58 PM

At least you could turn it off when you don't want it without breaking up ;)

hrh  ;D  well said

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Eyamsiyu

Loving music is a self-less art.  You don't expect it to love you back: if anything, it actually can make you life harsher, depending on how much you let it impact what you do.  Hence the term "starving artists."

However, you love it because it is a medium to express yourself.  And music is a very strong medium for expression and emotion (ex: the music during the attack on Kelutrel).  Not to mention it is one of the most effective ways of communicating a message.  Heck, Disturbed named a tour after that fact, "Music As A Weapon."

Music itself is even considered among those who work within it as a language.  Not through lyrics, but the actual instrumentals itself.

To answer Txur'Itan, yes, I could be satisfied with the unrequited love that I get from music.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Elektrolurch

Music doesn't love me, but I feel the love in it. :)

bommel

And not to forget that music can express way more than words ever could ;)

'Itan Atxur

Well, I plan on seeing if I've found love within the next week. That is, I know for certain that I have. Now I need to see if the feeling is mutual.

*sigh* wish me luck! I'm so afraid I won't even try :(

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

me, at this point in my life (almost 17) don't give a care about a relationship.  I find it a waste of time, resources, and brohood.  For me, a girlfriend would just get in the way of what is really important(school family friends... videogames.).  but hell, i'm always open to new things.

oh BTW Tsamsiyu atseo, I'm always around(hurray for arizona) If your ever feeling lonely, I consider myself a good conversationist.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Elektrolurch

I guess, I am in love with a dryad. ::)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: The Ghost of 'Itan Atxur on June 23, 2010, 12:49:00 AM
Well, I plan on seeing if I've found love within the next week. That is, I know for certain that I have. Now I need to see if the feeling is mutual.

Dude, you will never know until you give it a shot.  And the most important thing is to just chill.  I know that you feel that "this is it," but you can't be thinking that when you go to try, or you'll screw it up.

It's ok to be nervous.  It's not okay to let it affect you.  And best of luck!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

'Itan Atxur

Irayo. This time actually feels quite different than past attempts. I've learned a lot from my past failures and as a result I seem to have a lot more confidence now.

Eana Tanhì

good luck 'Itan... i hope everything will go as you wish  :)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: The Ghost of 'Itan Atxur on June 23, 2010, 09:08:20 AM
Irayo. This time actually feels quite different than past attempts. I've learned a lot from my past failures and as a result I seem to have a lot more confidence now.

Confidence is everything.  Be careful to make sure you confidence isn't arrogance (I don't think you'll have that issue).

Txur’Itan

Quote from: The Ghost of 'Itan Atxur on June 23, 2010, 12:49:00 AM

It is very easy to simply not do anything, and suffer through the loneliness.  You have to decide if the rewards for finding the truth will be worth it.  Most of the time they can be, you just have to get to a point where you don't worry about being rejected. 

If it happens that you are rejected, don't connect yourself to that person. Instead, move on to the next attempt with someone else, and do it without dwelling on what did not work out well, except to learn as you have been doing.

Good Luck and all the best.
私は太った男だ。

'Itan Atxur

Well I have the advantage (and disadvantage) that the person in question is a close friend. Obviously this puts me in the friend zone but if I am rejected, I know beyond a doubt we'll remain friends.