Main Menu

Started by Sadao, August 01, 2010, 11:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Human No More

Quote from: Lolet Maticay Tsam'Tirea Omatikaya on August 05, 2010, 01:56:53 PM
Have you heard of Tree-of-Souls? I visited once, but they said Ninat had tsaherpes. So I left.

We have a fish?!
It's just a meme, based on a classic quote from IRC (along with the 'fact' that one of our admins loves Ninat ;D )... it used to go around AF too, but I don't really go there any more so not sure if it still does. It's not serious :P

Either way, I'm honoured that people here have heard of ToS :P

I've actually been meaning to spend more time here, perhaps get to know a few people... I find learnnavi interesting because the language is the primary focus, we are the opposite (well, not complete opposite, we still love Avatar) and Avatar in general is the primary focus, particularly in terms of it's effect and message, although we do have our share of language enthusiasts (I've been putting off learning it properly for FAR too long myself...). AF is an interesting one though, I joined back when it was a lot smaller, and I'd say there isn't much of a specific focus any more, guess that happens from being the largest forum. Different forums for different people I guess, not that there's anything stopping people from being on more than one.

I think that perhaps one of the most important things for the Avatar community in the future will be to have relationships between the different sites/forums, it's certainly something I am willing to discuss and develop if there is an interest :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Lolet

Human No More

An alliance... If you put it that way, then yes, perhaps.
I see it as us all being Na'vi, just different clans.

email: [email protected] , or contact me here, or on ToS or learnnavi IRC :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

ToS_Eltu

Kaltxì ma frapo. Eltu here, admin of the Tree of Souls forum (along with HNM and a couple of others).

I would be more than willing to discuss an eventual "alliance" for both communities to thrive. ;)

Being able to link to and talk about each forum, on each forum - as well as perhaps doing some projects together, I think would be an awesome way to get to learn new people on both forums. :)

To the Learn Na'vi admins/mods - if you are interested in anything like this, feel free to contact me or Human No More to discuss the matter further. ;) You can reach me at [email protected], or using PM's on either ToS or Learn Na'vi.
Tree of Souls administrator. Feel free to contact me on [email protected].

Sіr. Ηaxalot

So, just to make this clear, Tree of Souls is open for co-operation? I have gotten the impression that both AvatarForums and ToS are run by the person and doesn't really co-operate with anyone.

I wouldn't mind some alliances when Skxawng.lu takes off!

ToS_Eltu

You have been severely misinformed.

Tree of Souls is run by several persons, all whom are open for any co-operation.

And ToS is completely willing to co-operate in any way. ;)

I cannot speak for AF, since it is run by a completely different person.

kewnya txamew'itan

I joined AF mainly to help correct any of their languages topics (which are at best out of date and in some cases include speculation that was never at all supported and is now certainly wrong), there hasn't really been much activity in the language related topics so I haven't had much need to post.
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: ToS_Eltu on August 28, 2010, 01:17:12 PM
You have been severely misinformed.

Tree of Souls is run by several persons, all whom are open for any co-operation.

And ToS is completely willing to co-operate in any way. ;)

I cannot speak for AF, since it is run by a completely different person.

Nice!

Expect to hear from me in a few weeks time. :)

ToS_Eltu

Oh and also, because of what Sir. Haxalot said, I would like to clarify:

Tree of Souls and Avatar-forums are two completely different communities in terms of staff and most of the userbase.

They are run by different persons, have different rules, and have different users (mostly, some persons are members of both). They are not affiliated in any way, except for a "partnership" which only means it's allowed to talk about either forum on either forum.

I can gladly answer to any questions one might have about ToS, however, I cannot answer for AF since I am in no way affiliated with it.

Xynth

Kaltxì ma frapo, first post ;)

What the people before me has said is fairly correct, except for our userbase; many of our members have come from AvF, looking for a smaller community with a more "family"-like feeling. Felt it was worth mentioning.

//Xynth, the black sheep of ToS.