Can we get 90002 posts?

Started by Sìltsana Mun’iyu, February 03, 2010, 11:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on June 01, 2019, 03:20:09 PM
^This^
So, so very true, sadly!
Sad true, I would like heard that reality is different...

archaic

Quote"It's been a few weeks now since Avengers: Endgame passed Titanic at the worldwide box office, making it the second highest grossing film of all time. And while James Cameron's Avatar still holds the top spot, Anthony and Joe Russo's latest feature is slowly edging its way towards its target.

At the time of writing, the global gross of the Avengers: Infinity War sequel sits at just under $2.698 billion. This leaves the film with slightly over $90 million to go before it beats Avatar's $2.788 billion figure, which may not sound like much (relatively speaking, of course), but at the rate Endgame is currently earning, the MCU movie still has a long journey ahead of it.

Back in April, Endgame got off to a phenomenally strong start at the box office, breaking the all-time record for biggest opening weekend. Since then, however, the film hasn't sustained its success nearly as well as Avatar, due in part to the wealth of competition that it's had to contend with in recent weeks. Nonetheless, it's clear that the Russo Brothers haven't given up the fight just yet, even pushing fans last weekend to watch the movie a fourth time.

On the domestic front, Endgame boasts a total of $809.8 million, putting it comfortably ahead of Avatar's $749.8 million figure. That being said, the North American record is still held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it's looking very unlikely that Endgame will pass the $936.7 million total of J.J. Abrams' 2015 flick.

Regardless, when it comes to global box office, Avengers: Endgame is still very much in this race, though it's in for a tough couple of months as new competition arrives in theaters. Speaking of which, next on the MCU agenda is Spider-Man: Far From Home, which is set for release on July 2nd."
Found at wegotthiscovered.com, here .....

However, as was stated over and over, way back in 2010, there is this thing called inflation. 2009 is a decade ago, and Avatar's $2.788 billion figure above, is mostly 2009 and 2010 dollars. This equates to around $3.3 billion in 2019 dollars.
How much more would it have made, if it had been allowed to play in China the same way it played in the rest of the word? I guess we'll never know.

That being said, inflation taken into account, 'Gone With The Wind' is the all time money making record holder. At around $3.56 billion in 2019 dollars, but it took 60 years and eight rereleases to reach that figure.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Eìrä

Quote from: archaic on June 01, 2019, 04:13:23 PM
Quote"It's been a few weeks now since Avengers: Endgame passed Titanic at the worldwide box office, making it the second highest grossing film of all time. And while James Cameron's Avatar still holds the top spot, Anthony and Joe Russo's latest feature is slowly edging its way towards its target.

At the time of writing, the global gross of the Avengers: Infinity War sequel sits at just under $2.698 billion. This leaves the film with slightly over $90 million to go before it beats Avatar's $2.788 billion figure, which may not sound like much (relatively speaking, of course), but at the rate Endgame is currently earning, the MCU movie still has a long journey ahead of it.

Back in April, Endgame got off to a phenomenally strong start at the box office, breaking the all-time record for biggest opening weekend. Since then, however, the film hasn't sustained its success nearly as well as Avatar, due in part to the wealth of competition that it's had to contend with in recent weeks. Nonetheless, it's clear that the Russo Brothers haven't given up the fight just yet, even pushing fans last weekend to watch the movie a fourth time.

On the domestic front, Endgame boasts a total of $809.8 million, putting it comfortably ahead of Avatar's $749.8 million figure. That being said, the North American record is still held by Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it's looking very unlikely that Endgame will pass the $936.7 million total of J.J. Abrams' 2015 flick.

Regardless, when it comes to global box office, Avengers: Endgame is still very much in this race, though it's in for a tough couple of months as new competition arrives in theaters. Speaking of which, next on the MCU agenda is Spider-Man: Far From Home, which is set for release on July 2nd."
Found at wegotthiscovered.com, here .....

However, as was stated over and over, way back in 2010, there is this thing called inflation. 2009 is a decade ago, and Avatar's $2.788 billion figure above, is mostly 2009 and 2010 dollars. This equates to around $3.3 billion in 2019 dollars.
How much more would it have made, if it had been allowed to play in China the same way it played in the rest of the word? I guess we'll never know.

That being said, inflation taken into account, 'Gone With The Wind' is the all time money making record holder. At around $3.56 billion in 2019 dollars, but it took 60 years and eight rereleases to reach that figure.
If Avatar could have $3.56 billion in 2019 dollars then this movie could be on the first place in the world, i think!

It would be awesome if Avatar could be on the first place in the world! :D
Oe tsun pivlltxe nìNa'vi nìteng ma eylan! Oel ayngati kameie nìwotx! 'Rrta lu oeyä kelku!

FÌTSENGE LU AWNGEYÄ!
LN Community - Second Family and Home!

Feel Free To Correct My Na'vi Writing If I Did Mistakes!
 Oe lu numeyu numtsengä alu LearnNa'vi! Irayo nìtxan ta ma oeyä Ayeylan ulte ta ma Tìtstewan!
Nìolo' Pxoeng Seykxel Ma Eylan!

KEMÌRI A NGARU PRRTE' KE LU, TSAKEM RÄ'Ä SIVI AYLAHERU!

Ta:Eìrä :-*

archaic

The $2.788 billion figure is from early 2015, IIRC.
I wonder how much Disney's hugely successful Pandora - The World of Avatar would have contributed to that now?

:-\  :D

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on June 05, 2019, 03:30:20 PM
I wonder how much Disney's hugely successful Pandora - The World of Avatar would have contributed to that now?
Yeah, interesting question :)

archaic

I wonder if anyone at Lightstorm Entertainment is keeping track.
(I'd be surprised if they weren't)

archaic

Changing the subject, I see no hint that Michelle Rodriguez will be reprising her role as Trudy Chacón in Avatar2. I'm a little bit sad about that.

Toliman

Yeah, I am sad about it a bit too.

archaic

I know I didn't provide any explanation for her survival in Dragons of Pandora, but I hoped folks would guess it was the same as in my Avatar2.
I'd always intended it would be, she has the same exact back story in both (pretty much).

Toliman

archaic

I feel that having some of the good guys on Ikran, and some in Tiltrotors (aysiltrotor?) sets up some potential tension between the two groups, for a deeper and richer story.
Killing off Trudy, robs Jake of his only pilot.

archaic

Tiltrotor pilot, that is.
I kinda cheated in my fic and gave one of the Avatar drivers a pilot's license.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on June 08, 2019, 02:25:01 PM
I kinda cheated in my fic and gave one of the Avatar drivers a pilot's license.
;D :)
Why no, it's your fic. :)

archaic

Thank you, that's true.
I did go outside canon quite a lot.

archaic

Toliman

archaic

It doesn't show up on my machine, can you see the pic?

archaic

Toliman

Not here too, I saw it through that link to gallery.

Great, now I see it ;D :)

archaic

Took way, way, way longer than I'd hoped!