Main Menu

world of warcraft

Started by judytuna, January 03, 2010, 02:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judytuna

When I saw the movie, I had no idea what it was at all. The only "hype" I had heard about it was the language log post, which I read with a layperson's interest in linguistics. I have two friends who are actual linguists; one had just asked me about the apostrophes all over the names in the Warcraft universe (Kael'thalas, Mug'thol, C'Thun....) and was somewhat disappointed that they didn't necessarily mean a glottal stop. I knew nothing about the story, I didn't know that humans would be controlling avatars (duh), I hadn't seen any images.... so there I was, in my squishy mx 3d special theater seat, weeping with joy at the glowing Zangarmarshian plants. And when Norm said "only the legendary floating mountains of Pandora," I was like, NO WAY, COULD IT BE? Zangarmarsh and Nagrand are BY FAR my two favorite outdoor zones EVER in the world of warcraft... So the helicopter burst through the fog, and Michelle Rodriguez The Beautiful cackled merrily, and there were FLOATING ISLANDS IN THE SKY COMPLETE WITH WATERFALLS FALLING DOWN TO NOTHING EXCEPT WITH PHOTOREALISM THIS TIME AND O THE GLORY, there I was, weeping with joy, again. I mean... I'm convinced they made this movie just for me (and the billion other videogamers on the planet). I already spend most of my time sitting very still IRL, in a small enclosed space, running around a fantasy world and fighting for my life.

Anyway, I'm a resto druid: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Hug
a tank dk: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kul+Tiras&n=Vanadium
and a retired holy pally: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Bryht
and I used to play on dragonmaw alliance, too.

I figured there'd be a bunch of us here, since fantasy and machines and floating mountains and glowing plants and controlling an avatar that is better than you appeals to us. haha. Who wants to roll sexy blue aliens with tails on an RP server somewhere? =)

Nume fpi sänume

Lol, i played Horde on Dragonmaw before Wrath came out. I was in <Bad>, one of their priests :P

judytuna

I was Lynne in <Trinity> =)

Étienne

Warlock 80 Blood Elf
Warrior 80 Troll

Kil'jaeden

Eywayä mokri

I didn't play World of Warcraft, well only 2 months to see how it was. :) But never liked it.
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Zalorticus

Well, it has been pretty boring as of late, so my account has been frozen for a while, mainly until Cataclysm, but we didn't want to pay for nothing.

Anyway, my main is Icingdeathe on Bronzebeard, level 80 orc deathknight. I have some other characters too...
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

neosis666

Txur’Itan

I have played a number of MMORPG games, but I have not laid a finger on WoW since its E3 debut...
私は太った男だ。

Txura Tirea

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Nahawne

Holy blood elf priest on Uther ;)
still only lvl 47 but slowly growing.
oddly enough been playing since before BC but keep changing servers and too cheap to transfer lol

Also a big fan of Aion.

havn't really been playing too many other mmos lately, but looking forward to the star trek one coming up. looks like eve but less slow.

Tirea Aleatan

80 belf lock, 80 belf hunter, 80 human pala, 80 gnome mage

Kind of miss the game, played since launch until last summer.

But wouldn't it be awesome if they had blizzard do an Avatar mmorpg?
with Humans vs Na'vi

Sawyä tìrol

'Cept no one would choose humans lol!
(Kel'thuzad 80 priest 80 druid and a bunch of other 80s and servers >_>;)

I was flailing in my seat when I saw the floating mountains too lol
I was like "ZOMG NAGRAND'S ON PANDORA.!<3"

Fpeioyuyä 'ite

When I first saw the Na'vi, I thought that they resembled draenei. I don't play WoW anymore, but my main was a draenei hunter. I got bored with her around level 44...WoW is a wonderful game, but it was just too repetitive for me.
Formerly Kerofish, in case you were wondering. Also occasionally known as kerofish1 or Delaney. Call me anything, just not skxawng!