Main Menu

I have to go

Started by Lolet, January 10, 2011, 09:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niwantaw

I declare bad is a swear word. Don't you it you f-ing b** people.
Only mostly AWOL.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tawtewng on January 30, 2011, 10:59:28 AM
I declare bad is a swear word. Don't you it you f-ing b** people.

Oe mllte.

It was just b** of Lolet's parents to ban her... ( :(:P

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Ekirä

We need to get Payoang to put a filter for b** so people don't get offended if there aren't any stars. ::)

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteI think the concept of swearing and having "bad" words is an excuse to get mad at people just for saying words they arbitrarily declared bad.

Interesting thought. Althought i personally think that some words are declared swear words because they are precieved as negative, vulgar or insulting.
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eanikran

Her parents think they're b**asses

hemmond

I study at Christian school, I respect Christians and we have conservatives here too. And also I have classmates, whose parents are conservative. And I appreciate, that their parents are willing to respect Declaration of Basic Rights. I will translate a few articles, that are beeing violated by Lolet's parents:

Quote from: Article 7
(1) The inviolability of the person and her privacy is guaranteed. May be limited only in cases specified by law.

Quote from: Article 10
(2) Everyone has the right to protection from unauthorized intrusion into private and family life.

Quote from: Article 13
No one may violate the confidentiality of correspondence or other secret documents and records whether privately kept or sent by mail or otherwise, except in cases and manner provided by law. Just to ensure confidentiality of messages by telephone, telegraph or other similar devices.

Quote from: Article 15
(1) Freedom of thought, conscience and religion is guaranteed. Everyone has the right to change his religion or belief or to have no religion.

Quote from: Article 17
(1) Freedom of expression and right to information are guaranteed.
(2) Everyone has the right to express their views in speech, writing, printing, painting or other means, as well as freely to seek, receive and impart information and ideas regardless of frontiers.
(3) Censorship is unacceptable.
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

QuoteFour day's in, twenty seven days to go
QuoteTwelve day's in, nineteen days to go.

Twenty day's in, eleven day to go  :(...

archaic

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on January 28, 2011, 07:33:36 AM
I know some parents tries to defend themselves with the ``Well, that's our way of raising our children. You have no right to say we're doing it wrong.´´-statement, but that would mean they completely shut out everyone else's opinions and singlehandedly rely on their own, which in it self (IMO) is arrogant belief in your own judgement. How is this relevant? Well, i believe that's probably what Lolet's parents are doing. As do all conservative christian american god-fearing fundamentalists  >:(! Damn them  >:(!

Me:

Josef Fritzl probably said something similar to his daughter Elisabeth.

As an older person on this board (Hence 'Archaic') I can nearly understand the parents, I fully understand the desire to protect, and can sympathize if they take it a little too far and wrap their kids in cotton wool, metaphorically. But Lolets parents seem to be a bit too conservative. Young'uns don't stay young'uns for long, before you know it their bringing home girl/boyfriends, and wanting to borrow the horseless carriage. And sooner you're ready for it, they're young adults, and just as you're getting used to that they're adults. I might not approve, but I nearly understand.

However, this .....
Quote from: Maweyatan on January 23, 2011, 10:49:45 AM
I'm currently in a band with a girl who has a mom who ORDERS her to give her the password to any social networking site that she has. Her mom will delete pictures, unfriend friends, take down posts, and change her profile picture without her knowing.
..... steps over the line, a long way over the line (unless there are some truly mind blowing reasons).
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Maweyatan

QuoteHowever, this .....
Quote from: Maweyatan on January 23, 2011, 12:49:45 pm
I'm currently in a band with a girl who has a mom who ORDERS her to give her the password to any social networking site that she has. Her mom will delete pictures, unfriend friends, take down posts, and change her profile picture without her knowing.
..... steps over the line, a long way over the line (unless there are some truly mind blowing reasons).

No, her mom does it, because she's the parent and it's her house, and if she wants to live there, she'll have to abide by the rules.

Vawm tsamsiyu

Quote from: Maweyatan on January 31, 2011, 04:26:34 PM
QuoteHowever, this .....

No, her mom does it, because she's the parent and it's her house, and if she wants to live there, she'll have to abide by the rules.
Just because she can make any rules she wants doesn't make it right or healthy for her kids
they killed the [you] tag

Eanikran

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on January 31, 2011, 06:47:10 PM
Quote from: Maweyatan on January 31, 2011, 04:26:34 PM
QuoteHowever, this .....

Just because she can make any rules she wants doesn't make it right or healthy for her kids
This.

Maweyatan

Indeed. I agree wholeheartedly.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Death to parental abuse  >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on February 03, 2011, 12:29:47 PM
Death to parental abuse  >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that when I read this, I thought about child abuse, but the roles reversed?

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on February 03, 2011, 02:22:36 PM
Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on February 03, 2011, 12:29:47 PM
Death to parental abuse  >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that when I read this, I thought about child abuse, but the roles reversed?

Sorry for my diffuse choice of words. FYI i meant: Death to the right of parenthood for parents being completely control-freaky about their kids lives  >:(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

archaic

Twenty five days in, six to go.

|ll|l   ll|ll   

l|ll/   lll/l  

\|)l/
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Eanikran

Quote from: archaic on February 04, 2011, 11:56:41 AM

|ll|l   ll|ll   

l|ll/   lll/l  

\|)l/
Six painfully slow days :(

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 04, 2011, 01:18:08 PM
Quote from: archaic on February 04, 2011, 11:56:41 AM

|ll|l   ll|ll   

l|ll/   lll/l  

\|)l/
Six painfully slow days :(

I miss oeyä tsmuké  :'(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries*

BTW: How do you think she'll react when she sees what we've written in this thread  ????

Niwantaw

Only mostly AWOL.

Eanikran

Quote from: Tawtewng on February 04, 2011, 01:37:48 PM
knowing her: oddly.
I hope she hasn't changed too much, I said before, she's the life of the spam board :/