Main Menu

Internet Harassment

Started by Dryson Bennington, February 26, 2010, 04:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dryson Bennington

This is a serious topic that needs looked at and if anyone talks like this in public forum and is directed towards you or anyone else alert the FBI and your local law enforcement agency right away.

I have no idea where the best location for this topic should be posted and will leave that upto the moderators. Read the thread first and investigate the site that it came from before discrding this as nothing. This could happen to you.

Have you ever gone to a website that realted to what you enjoyed talking about even if it may only be theoretical? Ever deal with what I call the locals of the forum who feel justified to beratae you because they have more posts than you do which makes them think that they are smarter or of more importance in what they post than what you post?

Here is a response a member of Startrek.com that I frequent because i am a fan of StarTrek as well as being a space exploration enthusiast.

Only rude and berating to you, ####. It's amazing how much praise I have in my inbox for my attempts to thwart you, and also for my lovely girl pics that I add to your posts to make them at least worthy of looking at.

Threaten me again, and I'll come to Ohio and kill you, Bennington.

This members threads of continued attacks against me have made others leave the site and not want to come back as well as bringing about a very serious question:

Should people that make comments like this be tracked down and put in jail for making such a threat as well as never having the ability to use the internet again? Why should society have to deal with people like this who are obviously in need of medicine and therapy to keep their disorder in check? Remember the case about the little girl that thought she was talking to boy but was really talking to a 30+ woman? The 30 + woman eventually convinced her to kill herself which is the same situation that is occuring here. Should people like this be considered terrorists and treated accordingly?

Before you jump to conclusions read all of 4_of_20's post remarks compared to mine to decide.

Here is the link to the actuall thread: http://boards.startrek.com/community/me ... ry38369249

Does America really want it's children subjected to these types of people?

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

People like that woman should obviously be taken care of. However the majority of people that make stupid threats wouldn't ever act on them. I don't think that if someone makes the mistake of saying one stupid comment that they should be put in prison or have the internet taken away from them forever. Everyone at some point in there life makes an "I'm gonna kill you you" threat with out actually meaning that they are going to kill you. People that make cocky or stupid threatening comments over the internet are immature for sure but that in no way makes them psychotic and in need of medicine. Should some 12 yr old kid in Germany be punished for talking s*** over X-box live and have his gaming privileges taken away for the rest of his life?
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Payoang

Your link doesn't work. If you experience any harassment on LearnNavi, please let me or one of the other moderators know. Thread haphazardly moved to spam.