It's been a slow day...

Started by Brainiac, December 22, 2009, 10:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brainiac

statistically, out of the three days, this one hasn't been the slowest (the day before yesterday having no users and no posts) but in comparison to yesterday, it's been quiet here.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Zalorticus

It shall speed up soon, doubtless.
Failure is the mother of success.
Soon, we will no longer be the leaves on the wind, but the wind itself.
You don't have to be a scholar to be a leader.
Join the real life Na'vi tribe here  (And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, NOT a role play tribe!)

Sarkath

I am stuck at work for at least five more hours. So this will be a slow day for me.

Brainiac

Nume fpi sänume

I do my best to only post quality bits instead of random crap, and a majority of the questions ive had come up have all been answered in the forums with a little looking.

Julian Julian

I think part of the reason for the general lack of activity is that everyone is rehearsing this language. There won't be anything significant to discuss until people address new questions and have some resemblence of a solid foundation.

I'm still trying to figure out how to write sentences, and my vocabularly has alot to be desired for example.

Nume fpi sänume

Quote from: Julian Julian on December 22, 2009, 08:39:24 PM
I think part of the reason for the general lack of activity is that everyone is rehearsing this language. There won't be anything significant to discuss until people address new questions and have some resemblence of a solid foundation.

I'm still trying to figure out how to write sentences, and my vocabularly has alot to be desired for example.

the jMemorize program helps a lot, and in a related post, the entire language is available for download for the program. I just did that, and then made a list of 20 words that i want to know by Thursday, then ill do another 20 by Monday. my goal is to have about 100 words by the first weekend in January.

wm.annis

Surely quality matters more.   ::)

Julian Julian

That sounds like an excellent idea, I should learn some twenty words myself before Jan.

A hundred? That's a good goal, hope you can reach it!

Tirealì'u

In theory I'm up to ~150...

But, I won't say I'm 100% on them, I'm just adding 50 words a day and reviewing all of them on a daily basis.

Brainiac

Quote from: Nume fpi eyk on December 22, 2009, 08:29:38 PM
I do my best to only post quality bits instead of random crap, and a majority of the questions ive had come up have all been answered in the forums with a little looking.
that's what we have spam-boards for  ;D

Étienne

Holiday season might slow things down a bit. But as the movie stays out we shall have a community strong soon enough.

Brainiac

I'm going to go watch it again soon  ;D

Eywayä mokri

I think this is slowing down because of the fact that we alreay have some useful documents to work with. There is no reason to write new things continuously because all the beginners can now arrive and downloads everything they need to learn. :)
°°We don't forget anyone, we only get used to their absence.°°

Étienne

Quote from: Lì'uyä täftxuyu on December 26, 2009, 03:35:26 AM
I'm going to go watch it again soon  ;D
Ah yes I saw it again tonight. Going to go try to see it again this weekend and that will make it my 4th. I actually kinda sorta understood some of what they were saying.

Brainiac

I understood one word that wasn't on the wiki-page at second viewing (so "I see you" and such don't count) => set (now)

Eywayä mokri

Well set is in the vocabulary I think. :)

Brainiac

Eywayä mokri

What?? You don't have all your resources printed on your side? ....:p

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Initiate system self check.... OK!

Charging thread resurrector..... OK!

Initiate resurrection sequence in 3..

*THREAD RESURRECTION!*