Main Menu

Last letter word!

Started by Kxani, February 28, 2010, 12:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Wonderful idea, let's revive this thread :) So what we could to discuss here now?

archaic

Whatever you like, why don't you start?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

True
Last month I was busy with astronomy stuff, weather was very variable but despite that I had enough time for observations. Except another things, I saw few brighter meteors.
How your stuff goes?

archaic

So, I haven't posted here for a while, I've been kinda busy with boring RL stuff, plus some Fanfic writing too. What have you been up to since your last post?

Toliman

That is good that you found time for Fanfic writing :) How your writing goes? Yeah, RL stuff can be annoying... hope that all goes well. Some of my RL stuff is boring too.
I was able continue with stargazing alhough weather could be better. But I had few great nights + I often observe sunspots, there is finally a bit more solar activity now.

archaic

We all have boring, time consuming RL stuff. I guess it's inevitable, but it's always disappointing, and often more than a little frustrating.

It's great to have something new to look at, I just hope we don't get any issues with technology going down.

Toliman

Nìngay, life is full of time consuming RL stuff. But few days ago I successfully observed partial solar eclipse, weather was good here :)

Quote from: archaic on June 13, 2021, 03:29:28 PM
It's great to have something new to look at, I just hope we don't get any issues with technology going down.
Hope that all will work without issues.

archaic

Some technology is bound to be affected, I just hope it's nothing too serious.

Toliman

So fingers crossed :) Is it very complex technology?

I hope that sky will be clear whole night, we doing some interesting observations.

archaic

Sounds good, I'll cross my fingers.

Toliman

Srane, it was good. Last two nights were mostly clear and seems that today sky will be clear again after midnight. Summer nights are short here but there is many interesting things to observation on summer night sky, always :)

archaic

Summer nights get shorter the further from the Equator you go, and also the longer the twilight.

Toliman

True, I know... I would like to live more close to equator and ideally on southern hemisphere because southern night sky is such beautiful although nothern night sky is nice too, if you are on place without light pollution.

archaic

No arguments from Me! I would suggest you move to the northern Atacama desert, but it's not ideal for anyone who likes to have oxygen to breath!

Toliman

Honestly, I would like to live on place with such great location on the Earth and conditions for stargazing like Atacama desert is although you are right that Atacama desert is not too ideal place for life.
Is it bad with light pollution at your location?

archaic

Not good for light pollution, and air pollution could be better.

Toliman

Right, air pollution can affect quality of night sky as well. Hope that air in your place is not too polluted.

Did you tried to observe Perseids meteors? I did, had good conditions but it was not such great as in previous years (less meteors flew), but still nice :)

archaic

Embarrassingly, I forgot and went to sleep. Speaking to folks who did watch, it was disappointing. Mostly due to cloud, plus light pollution.

Toliman

Ngay, light pollution is evil... then you can not see many less bright meteors. Hope that next year you will be able to see it.

archaic