Main Menu

Love.

Started by Elektrolurch, July 23, 2010, 12:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on August 02, 2010, 01:12:26 PM
Like in Disturbed's "Inside the Fire" David's speaking against Suicide =D

Another DING...

Yes. Songwriters have something to say. And many do that from a perspective that holds love. Love of life, love of the people that listen to their songs and may take something from their words. (Like John Denver's "Calypso".)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eyamsiyu

Actually... when I read the lyrics of "Inside the Fire," what I see is Satan beckoning to David, calling him to end his current time for another time with "Devon."

That's just me, though...

Well... as far as songs of love go... "Taking You With Me" by Relient K is pretty good as a love song, in their own style.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

'Ì'awn Menari

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on August 02, 2010, 02:50:11 PM
Actually... when I read the lyrics of "Inside the Fire," what I see is Satan beckoning to David, calling him to end his current time for another time with "Devon."

That's just me, though...

Well... as far as songs of love go... "Taking You With Me" by Relient K is pretty good as a love song, in their own style.

but u look at the music video (the longer version) David talks about anti-suicide since he lost one of his best friends to it.  and i think the immortal itself was suicide since in the video it shows teh girl killing herself then i u see a dead girl througouth the video. 
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Eyamsiyu

Yeah... Either way, it talks about suicide, and in the end, they are in support of helping those who think of committing the act...

I still think the Relient K song I mentioned is excellent for a love song.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Puvomun

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on August 02, 2010, 02:56:32 PM

A love song is a different kind of song. But a good kind of song, yes. One that can fill a person with a special feeling. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

'Ì'awn Menari

most love songs don't really affect me...except i know some of Celine Dion's songs make me smile when she talks about love. 

i have a feeling that will change when i'm actually in  a relationship.
Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Puvomun on August 02, 2010, 03:00:16 PM
Quote from: Eyamsiyu on August 02, 2010, 02:56:32 PM

A love song is a different kind of song. But a good kind of song, yes. One that can fill a person with a special feeling. :)

Here's a video with lyrics...

Relient K - Im Taking You With Me

I swear... this song... it's love, I know.

Mako

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Elektrolurch

Well... When I listen to the first two albums by Queen, I'm experiencing an orgasm when listening to some special songs:

My Fairy King, Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke, Liar, Father To Son, Doing All Right... It's unbelieveable!
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Puvomun

Quote from: Virid'ian on August 03, 2010, 04:26:30 AM
Well... When I listen to the first two albums by Queen, I'm experiencing an orgasm when listening to some special songs:

My Fairy King, Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke, Liar, Father To Son, Doing All Right... It's unbelieveable!
Those two are indeed amazing albums. They have something special in the music and the lyrics.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Eyamsiyu

The thing about Queen is that each of them are excellent musicians, and Freddie Mercury has a vocal range that is almost un-natural for a human being.  This is why they are awesome: because they can be awesome, and they know it.

Elektrolurch

Yep. And if they ever founded a new genre, it was FAIRY ROCK? Well... I like the idea, Mercury sings like a female angel, and that's why I love him. :)

Eyamsiyu

It's a little morbid... but there's another song connected to love that I listen to... it is my far my favorite by this band, of all four albums they put out before they broke up.

Falling Up Goddess of the Dayspring, Am I

Chorus...
"Have you forgotten me for flowers in your hair?
Still I run my hands over your dress..."

There's a backstory to this... as the whole album is a story.

Basically an adventure happened to be in a city when a great atrocity happened.  He was nominated by the city to go wander the lands to find out who committed it.  He happens to come upon a majestic kingdom, and while there, discussing with the royalty and waiting for a response, he and the queen become romantically involved... and the king finds out.  Rather than have it made public, he hires an assassin to kill the queen...

This song is the traveler lamenting over her death, thus proving even more how much he loved her...

Love is powerful... and you KNOW you've loved someone when even after they are long gone, you still love him/her.

Elektrolurch

I guess I could feel the love you feel. ;) Awesome band...

Eyamsiyu

Fangs by Falling Up is the album, if you want to check it out... the other three album I don't think you'd like... but this one was AWESOME!

... you know, contrary to what I think a lot of people have said here...

Love is something you can truly give without expecting it back.  We are grateful when we DO get it back, but there's no need to.

Mako

Exactly. Well said ma tsmukan.

Puvomun

Quote from: Eyamsiyu on August 03, 2010, 07:07:17 AM
Love is something you can truly give without expecting it back.  We are grateful when we DO get it back, but there's no need to.

Mllte, ma tsmukan!

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Puvomun

Maybe wrong topic or place but...

in the car I had the musicplayer going, and then "Scorched Earth" (from the soundtrack) started playing. Believe it or not: I started crying...

Always happens when I see Kelutral fall, really always. I love that proud tree and the people that live in it.  :'(

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Elektrolurch

Quote from: Puvomun on August 03, 2010, 10:20:58 AM
Maybe wrong topic or place but...

in the car I had the musicplayer going, and then "Scorched Earth" (from the soundtrack) started playing. Believe it or not: I started crying...

Always happens when I see Kelutral fall, really always. I love that proud tree and the people that live in it.  :'(

Believe it or not: I feel the same.. and I've also started crying several times...