Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

(Archaic regrets not studying Na'vi harder, and wishes had!)
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: archaic on May 06, 2011, 08:50:36 AM
(Archaic regrets not studying Na'vi harder, and wishes had!)
In the same boat. Need to study it more. I can't read tsamsiyu92's post easily...needed time with a dictionary for the second line...and still can't figure out "lì'upukìt" :-\ :

"I wish I didn't have ????? to use time (that I'm) writing Na'vily"

Assuming I translated it correctly (which I probably didn't): Granted, but speaking it takes twice as long.

I wish I knew Na'vi...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

You know, but not any other language any more...

I wish there was a program to write programs all by itself

Swoka Ikran

There is, but the code it produces is of such low quality that it won't even compile without a week of debugging time, let alone do something useful.

I wish I wasn't bored.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Tsamsiyu92

Granted, but what you get to do is boring and tedius as well.

I wish I knew what to wish.

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on May 06, 2011, 12:08:10 PM
In the same boat. Need to study it more. I can't read tsamsiyu92's post easily...needed time with a dictionary for the second line...and still can't figure out "lì'upukìt" :-\ :
Sorry for that one, I doubt li'u-puk (word-book) is considered a word in Na'vi. In Norwegian, German and so on the word for dictionary is a contraction of word and book.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on May 06, 2011, 01:03:14 PM
Granted, but what you get to do is boring and tedius as well.

I wish I knew what to wish.
You do, and you ask, but it turns out badly for you.

I wish I had something to eat.

Quote from: Tsamsiyu92 on May 06, 2011, 01:03:14 PM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on May 06, 2011, 12:08:10 PM
Sorry for that one, I doubt li'u-puk (word-book) is considered a word in Na'vi. In Norwegian, German and so on the word for dictionary is a contraction of word and book.
Ah...that explains it. Maybe "Book of the words" (aylì'uä puk) would make more sense?

EDIT: Typo.

archaic

You do, and it's delicious, but it's fattening if you eat too much.

I wish I could get a promotion.

Swoka Ikran

You get promoted, but the promotion quadruples your workload for no pay increase.

I wish for nothing.

Alyara Arati

You get it.  But the nothing escapes its containment and reacts in a volatile manner with all the things this world is so full of, and we are all plunged into utter oblivion.

I wish that a G.F. (good fairy, girl friend, god father, I'm not picky) would come and get my lawnmower to start.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Swoka Ikran

It does...but the blades are so horribly dull they rip and shred your lawn instead of cutting it.

I wish for freedom.

archaic

You get it, but you have no job, no money no prospects, and become clinically depressed.

I wish that every one is nicer tomorrow.

Vawm tsamsiyu

Now everyone's nice but that makes every guy undatable so now you have to listen to all the nice guys woes

I wish for this to be translated

Oel new yivom ayyayoit tsukyom set
they killed the [you] tag

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on May 06, 2011, 06:01:52 PM
Now everyone's nice but that makes every guy undatable so now you have to listen to all the nice guys woes

I wish for this to be translated

Oel new yivom ayyayoit tsukyom set
I think tsukyom is missing the a- ...anyway, that looks like "I want to eat edible birds now" to me...

I wish the Philadelphia would win tonight's playoff hockey game (losing 1-0 to Boston right now...)

Tsamsiyu92

They win, but in another match, Bostom wins 10-0 and the loss is too much for the team's self-esteem, so they disband.

As for "Oel new yivom ayyayoit tsukyom set", it should have an a- before tsukyom and no -l before a modal, but looking beyond the two errors, Swoka Ikran got the meaning right.

I wish "Ninja"soft Update didn't disturb the piece when I run a minecraft server away from where I stay.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

It doesn't, but now your server have a hardware failure causing it to BSoD once every hour.

I wish that my website would rocket in popularity.

Swoka Ikran

It does, but you run out of bandwidth as a result. Everyone gets frustrated and goes elsewhere due to downtime...

I wish I had breakfast.

archaic

You do, but it's nasty.

I wish for an end to suffering.

Swoka Ikran

You get it, but for some odd reason you didn't like it...

I wish I had something to do.

Vawm tsamsiyu

You must trim all the grass in a stadium with scissors one grass blade at a time

I wish I wished for something cool
they killed the [you] tag

Alyara Arati

You did!  Welcome to the South Pole!

I wish someone had time to look at the things I've written.
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci