Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

You will can, but you will see such terrible and hopeless image of furure that you will deeply regret...

I wish I could live in Australia or New Zealand (but no in light polluted cities) and I could enjoy dark southern night sky.

archaic

You move to the Australian bush, there are no towns for hundreds of kilometers in any direction, no light pollution. YAY!

You live off grid, all your power comes from a solar panel, with a gas generator for night time.

It is late at night, and the generator splutters to a halt, it's empty. You figure you can spare a liter or two from your truck, it's pretty much full, plus you have a couple of spare cans in the back anyway.
You find the tank dry, you find a hole in the bottom of the tank, then you remember that you forgot to refill the spare cans after the last time you used them. You have no transport, no power, no radio, and no cell reception. You are ten days walk from the nearest road, two weeks walk from your nearest neighbor. In the dark and minor panic you trip over something in the darkness, and land heavily on something sharp, breaking your leg. You switch on the light on your phone and find that what you tripped over was a snake that has a deadly poison.

I wish the Trump presidency was over.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Well, Trump presidency really will end soon (relatively soon)... But Trump will candidate again and there are two options what else will follows:
1) Trump win again and start his second presidentship, what is evidently bad news for you.
2) Trump lose his presidentship - is seems be like as great news for you, but in next years you will learn painfull reality: political matters become only worse and worse by each election (sad reality in my country...) and you will remember Trump as good president.

I wish know what is beyond the event horizon of black hole.

archaic

A man selling flashlights.  ;)  ;)

I wish I had told you about the current impeachment proceedings against Trump.

archaic

I do, but it jinxes it, and all but one of the Republican Senators vote down the impeachment.

I wish the Coronavirus  pandemic was over.

Toliman

And it will be over... but it will be over just because nobody on whole world stay alive...

I wish I know true about dark matter and dark energy in the universe.

archaic

You do, but only in your final moments as the last human alive, but also dying from the Corronavirus.

I wish mankind could flourish, without causing environmental damage.

Toliman

And mankind really will not cause any environmental damage more... but simultaneously there will not be any flourishing too because you sadly realise that mankind simply are not able doing it without causing environmental damage.

I wish I would be able to make always only right decisions.

Vawmataw

But even right decisions can lead to a bad life.

I wish our wishes were not made useless. ;D
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Sure, they are not made useless... but then we lost this crazy thread ;D

I wish I could remove from my memory (forget forever, definitelly) few nasty and painful memories...

Kxanay

But you'd lose part of yourself in the process.

I wish my folks weren't so judgy and narrow-minded.

archaic

Your parents are suddenly transformed into broad minded, sympathetic, doting parents who are encouraging and supportive, but never pushy. You quickly realize they are not your real parents, at first you are too afraid to sleep, but in time you become habituated to the situation, but now you are racked with guilt over liking these people you in truth you do not really know. Then there's the dilemma, can you tell anyone? If your parents could be replaced, how can you be sure anyone you tell isn't another replacement? How would they react if they found out you knew? Can you really keep that big of a secret without slipping up?

I wish I could write more fanfic, with fewer spelling mistakes and typo's, but without sacrificing quality and creativity.

Toliman

And you will make known experience that you can not to have everything, so you still will have to select: more fanfic with less quality of little number of excellent fanfics.

And I wish I could live on place without light pollution.

Quote from: Kxanay on May 12, 2020, 03:41:57 AM
But you'd lose part of yourself in the process.
Trust me, it would worth it...

archaic

You are imprisoned in an oubliette, without any windows, and live out the rest of your life in total darkness.

I wish the Atacama desert was easier to get to, and less hostile to human life.

Toliman

And it really will be, because there will be massive desertification so whole world will be looks as one big Atacama desert so then everyone can visit it. Our desertificated world maybe will not such hostile as oroginal Atacama desert, but for life it will be obviously bad...

I wish I could return to past and change some decisions which I made earlier...

archaic

You do, but when you return to the present you find you don't recognize it, find you cannot reintegrate, and worse, the outcome of your new decisions is disastrous. Eventually you return to the past to restore it to your original decisions.

I wish I had written more fanfic.

Toliman

And you really will have more completed fanfics. But you will want to write still next and next another and you suddenly realise that your inspiration is away...
(damn, it's almost impossible to make useless this wishes! xD)

I wish my fantasy would be enough big to writing of fanfics.

archaic

It is! Unfortunately you find that you cannot focus on the real world. Your inattention causes you to loose your job, with no income you loose your home and and are unable to write fanfic.

I wish there were more reliable ways of finding inspiration.

Toliman

Yes, they will be and thanks it, you will get such inspiration that it will motivate you to writting more fanfics and then... you already described it:
Quote from: archaic on May 14, 2020, 04:38:21 PM
It is! Unfortunately you find that you cannot focus on the real world. Your inattention causes you to loose your job, with no income you loose your home and and are unable to write fanfic.

I wish I would be better destructor of wishes in this thread ;D

Kxanay

I don't think wishes can be destroyed, though.

I wish I wasn't a klutz.