Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

You trip and fall, breaking your neck and are paralysed totally, only able to communicate by blinking for yes and no. Yo can no longer drop anything, bump into anything or knock anything over, and are therefore technically no longer a klutz.

I wish politicians would take more notice of what scientists tell them.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

And they really will... however then one group of scientists with very evil intentions take this opportunity...

I wish our world would be more calm place.

archaic

Earth experiences premature heat death, and becomes perfectly calm.

I wish there were new medicines available, to fight antibiotic resistant diseases.

Toliman

Sure, they will be... but they vill have some very evil side effect which will appear after longer time.

I wish I would be resistable against completelly all disseases.

archaic

You find a clinic that offers exactly this, you have the treatment, and all goes well, unfortunately there is a side effect. Accelerated aging, and you pass away from extreme old age three weeks later.

I wish I was young again.

Toliman

Okay, tomorrow when you wake up you will realise that some miracle happened and you woke up as young person and you have still many years of life before you. First years of your new young will be great but then... you will realise that future of our world is very depressive and you will have to live at it and you will deeply regret that you wanted be young again.

I wish I could see into future.

archaic

You can, you experience the entire of future time, most of which is the slow process of blackholes eroding away to nothingness due to Hawking radiation, and the near endless heat death of the universe. Eventually you become bored to the point of insanity, by the unrelenting sameness of late stage eternity.

I wish my PC wasn't broken.

Toliman

Okay, your PC will be completelly functional... forever, really never any problem and you will not have to think about repairs or even replacement... and after some time you realise how obsolente your PC is.

I wish I can live on place with 365 days of clear night sky per each year.

archaic

You move to live on the moon, and enjoy wonderful clear sky, all the time. However, the effects of the low gravity take their toll on your body, a lack of sleep, and the extremes of hot and cold also contribute. After just 364 days, you succumb to the cumulative effects, and tragically pass away at your telescope.

I wish my PC was newer.

Toliman

So you will have the newest PC on the world... but it will be very expensive and you will be totally poor after this investment.

I wish summer night was longer... summer night sky is very nice but nights are too short at June.

archaic

You move to Antarctica, June is one long uninterrupted night, plus there is no real light pollution to speak of. Unfortunately, you are abducted by penguins and are forced to look after the chicks and live off regurgitated fish for the rest of your life.

I wish I made fewer typos.

Toliman

Okay, you will make no more typos... and one day you write something such very bad that you will wish you could call it as regrettable typo.

I wish I still have not to wait for something...

Kxanay

Okay, but all the things you get that would normally take time and patience are half-finished.

I wish I could fly away.

Toliman

Okay, you will can fly away to your yearned place/destinationbut your plane will crash during landing, exactly in time when you will rejoyce that you are finally on your yearned place.

I wish time don't go such quickly...

archaic

You get your wish, time now moves 1 000 times slower. You now have to wait the equivalent of ten years, eleven months, thirteen days for the next piece of 'Pasha, an Avatar story' and more than one thousand, five hundred, thirty three years for Avatar2 (so not much change there).

I wish I was more productive.

Toliman

Okay, you will be very productive, such productive that nobody can compete with you and you complete all your things and projects in incredible short time... but also it will be reason why your inspiration will be emptied soon and in the result, your productivity will rapidly fall.

I wish my eyes was able detect also infrared light.

archaic

I modify your retinas to also detect infra red, however, I was busy thinking about fanfic, and leave your cornea badly scared. For the rest of your life, you need to wear contacts and glasses at the same time, to have even partial eye sight.
Also, while your eye's now perceive infra red, your brain is unable to interpret the stimuli. So functionally, you get no benefit.

I wish my Na'vi was better than it currently is.

Toliman

Ok, your Na'vi suddenly become better... and not only better, even it will be same good like as your native language. You will be such excited due that and you will use Na'vi such frequently, that you start forget your native language...

Because radioastronomy is interesting, I wish I would detect also radio waves by my eyes (and also my brain would be able to interpret it xD).

Kxanay

Granted, but you can only pick up crappy showtunes.

I wish I had good folks around me in real life instead of just online.

archaic

Granted, everyone around you is awesome! None of them ever forget your birthday, always invite you to every night out, every barbecue, every party, help you with work, let you know when stuff you're into is online.
But it's too much,they constantly bombard you with an avalanche of the good stuff. In the end you need personal space, but they won't leave you alone, ever.
They take over you life, until you feel you need to escape, and still they won't take the hint and give you any space, you feel suffocated, trapped.
You feel bad because you hurt their feeling because you don't want to be with them.

I wish I was a better person.