Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Okay, you will better person - or you will be such great person that all will feel totally inferiorly in compare with you.

I wish there would be some nice sunspots on the Sun again soon... solar activity is such low now...

archaic

As if by magic, many, many sunspots appeared, in fact it's a new record! Unfortunately, this has caused issues on Earth. Including black outs, computer crashes and data loss. Regrettably James Cameron has to announce that the Avatar sequels have lost not just all the rendered footage, but the mo cap data as well. To allow time for sun spot activity to return to normal before work can start over, Avatar 2 is pushed back another ten years.

I wish we could keep the environmental benefits of the virus, without the economic and social problems.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Okay, it will be possible but it would be not pleasant because sometimes then have to be changed and then you will see how boring and pale lifes we will have to live...

I wish to see polar light.

archaic

You move to Antarctica, where you see nothing but polar light for six months at a time. Unfortunately, you are abducted by penguins and are forced to look after the chicks, live off regurgitated fish for the rest of your life, and develop an unsettling sensation of déjà vu.

I wish I made fewer mistakes generally.

Toliman

Ok, you will make fewer things which you currently consider as mistakes, but after some time you will realise that these things were actually right...

I wish Hubble Space Telescope could serve for more next years then is expected.

archaic

It does, unfortunately Congress uses the continuing functionality as an excuse to vote against more modern and more powerful space telescopes, which will soon be necessitated by Elon Musk's Skynet StarLink Satellites.

I wish politicians wouldn't vote down the spending on important research, just because of ill considered short term local concerns, and half baked political dogma.

Toliman

Ok, they will not wote down it, but due that (all researchers will try get money for their projects) there will be lack of money for almost all others.

I wish Elon Musk's StarLink satellites would not a impact on the night sky.

archaic

Elon Musk sells StarLink to a shell corporation, and it ends up being controlled and operated by the North Koreans. So now it's the North Korean StarLink satellites that ruin Earth based optical astronomy for the rest of time.

I wish all endangered species could recover.

Toliman

They all will recover very quickly which will cause that they become overabundant which will have negative impact on all remaining species.

I wish I have clear sky guaranted always when something interesting on the night sky is expected.

archaic

You find yourself on the moon. You have no clouds what so ever, the sky is permanently clear. Unfortunately, you only have no food, no water, and air for 24 hours.

I wish there was a reliable way to get inspiration.

Toliman

Okay, there will be such way which give you great inspiration so your fanfic writing will be far more easy... but due that you will be not able to focus on real life completelly...

I wish to know what dark matter and dark energy exactly is.

Ewa'tuì

Granted, but you can't do anything with it and it's painful to think about, and even if you did manipulate it, it would kill you instantaneously.

I wish I could be a bee so I can snuggle with flowers!

archaic

Granted, however, you loose yourself in being a bee, and never return to being anything else, all your friends and family are very sad and miss you very, very much!

I wish there was no such thing as polity in the world.

Ewa'tuì

Granted, but everyone is constantly in disarray, half the population is decimated because of rebellious animals that broke out of zoos. No particular reason for this. The lions were quite hungry, though. Also, all the bees go extinct. And no one in the world is able to have coffee anymore because the bees died. I guess the lions ate them. Wait, to lions even eat bees? And how did those animals even get out, anyway?! WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH POLITY?! I need sleep.

(RIP the bee named Ewa'tuì, it was great while it lasted, hrh)

I wish I could have a lifetime supply of chocolate milk.

archaic

You get five grams of chocolate, you are so shocked that you have a heart attack and sadly die, before you can eat any of the chocolate.

Second time lucky, I hope. I wish there was no such thing as poverty in the world.

Toliman

Ok, no poverty on the world... but still, there still be differences in property so that what would be enough today will be newly considered as poverty...

I wish one person which I lost few year ago would be back alive.

Kxanay

Granted, but they're a zombie.

I wish I could play the bagpipes.

Ewa'tuì

Granted, but you can only play the bagpipes, and all other music sounds like white noise to you. You can now only truly enjoy listening to JUST BAGPIPES.

Hmm... I wish I could travel to Japan.  :-[

Toliman

Okay, you will be in Japan... but you forgot that Japan is in tectonically very unstable part of the world - there will be huge earthquake followed by super high tsunami and after it, all japanese volcanoes will explode...

I wish I could return time about 10 years back...

Ewa'tuì

Granted, but you also age 10 more years. You may not be as nimble as you once were...

I wish I could read an entire chapter book in one second.