Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Ok, you will be able to read such quickly but your brain will not be able take such amount of information in such short time so in the end you will not remember almost nothing from what you was able to read such quickly...

I wish I would not meet with ungrateful people.

archaic

You move to Antarctica, where you meet not one single person, grateful, or ungrateful! Unfortunately, you are abducted by penguins and are forced to look after the chicks, live off regurgitated fish for the rest of your life. Your unsettling sensation of déjà vu is now becoming fully mature.

I wish I was better at languages.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Okay, you will be great in all languages which you will study... but after some time you will know (fluently) such high number of language that for your brain it will be highly confusing.

I wish I could spend one polar night (because southern night sky, yay!) on research station in Antarctica and was not be abducted by penguins ;D

archaic

You spend one polar night in Antarctica. Unfortunately, the weather is terrible for the entire time, and an unending blizzard leaves you stuck inside for the entire duration of your stay. You, and several other personnel at the research station develop cabin fever (not the move), and spend the entire time exchanging insults and minor threats. Eventually, you realize you were better off with the penguins, at least they had a good view of the stars. The weather doesn't break until the day you have to leave. You leave bitter and disillusioned. On returning to outside world, you chose to dedicate the rest of your life to penguin conservation.

I wish for an end to all infectious diseases.

Toliman

Okay, all known infectious diseases disappeared... but someday scientist will discover in Antarctica some unknown ancient frozen microorganisms which will be brought into the world and due our missing imunity (because there were not diseases) it will be total disaster.

I wish I know true about all mysteries of Bermuda triangle

Ewa'tuì

Granted, but you understand it so vividly that you dedicate your life to its existence and the study of its mysteries. Someday, the mysterious ocean in the triangle eats you up. You are never heard from again... Or are you?  :P

I wish I could get an autograph from Mr. Frommer himself. (This is an actual bucket list item lol)

archaic

You are at a train station, when unexpectedly, you see Karyu Pawl, you follow him, hoping for an autograph, he drops a piece of paper. Taking the initiative, you pick it up, your opportunity to introduce yourself, and ask for him. you bend down, pick up the paper and stand up, but he has gone, dissipated into the crowd. You search everywhere, but you do not find him. After several hour fruitless searching, you finally give up, disheartened, only then do you look at the piece of paper. It has an autograph on it, from Donald Trump to Harry Rogers.

I wish for an end to pollution.

Toliman

So there will be no pollution... but you will be feel somewhat strange because your body after that many years of live in polluted world is somehow accustomed with it.

I wish I would be able to breathe also under water.

archaic

You get scuba gear for Christmas, unfortunately you get carried away, run out of air and have t surface without decompressing and end up decompression sickness.

I wish for an end to all inequality, including from invading aliens.

Toliman

Granted, end to all inequality... but it will be mean total uniformity and incredible boring world.. something what we can not imagine now at all.

I wish I know whether any kind of life exist in presumable ocean under ice surface of Jupiter moon Europa.

archaic

You find out, but suffer a blow to the head, leaving you unable to remember.

I wish my memory was better.

Toliman

Your memory will be such great that you will be able to remember absolutelly everything... but it mean that your brain will be hopelessly congested by such amount of informations so in result your great memory will be completelly useless.

I wish I would enough time to study of all languages which I would want to learn.

archaic

You are involved in a horrific accident, to prevent you from dying, you are placed into cryogenic storage. Unfortunately, the rest of mankind dies in a long and brutal war. However, the storage plant is entirely automated, and being powered by it's own on site nuclear power plant, it is self contained and self sufficient. You remain there for thousands of years, before the fuel is used up, your cryyo unit powers down and you defrost, and your tissue breaks down so you cannot be revived.

I wish I was more creative.

Toliman

That is my wish! ;D

Okay, you will be really very creative - even the most creative person on the world. But it will mean that all other people (who have same goal/wishes) will feel as totally inferior compared with your creativity.... within me, because I have same wish ;D

I wish I have better fantasy

archaic

You have awesome fantasy, but you quickly find the division between reality and fantasy blurs, and finally you are no longer able to understand what is and is not real. You say things that are clearly untrue, blame others for you inability to make you fantasies come true, and some reason sack every one around you, there by alienating virtually everybody on the planet. You are labeled as crazy, immature, stupid, unhinged, and many other nasty things. You are then elected president of the USA.

I wish for more wisdom.

Toliman

Okay, there will be more wisdom, almost all people will be total wise... but sadly there still will remain small number of stupid people - and president of the USA will be one of them (wisdom is not possible in case of this person...), so as a result, all wisdom of the world will be useless...

I wish that Moon surface would be far more darker (because moonlight would be not such strong in that case and then stargazing would be more easy in time around full moon).

Vawmataw

Wish granted, it's replaced with a dark Moon but its name is "Death Star" ;)

I wish COVID-19 never happened.
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

archaic

The new moon fired it's turbo laser and destroyed planet Earth, on December fifteenth 2019. Before the COVID-19 pandemic began, and also the day before Episode IX premiered.

I wish all mankind to come together, and not for war.

Toliman

So all mankind really to come together and not for war but for greeting to visit of the aliens. But unfortunatelly these aliens will have hostile intention and all mankind will be destroyed in one short while.

I wish there would be more money for space exploration.

archaic

There is, precisely one cent more.

I wish we could co exist with a benevolent alien species.