Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

You do, but it is counterfeit, the claimed and reported capacity of 64gb is a lie, and it only holds 4gb, now you have a drive full of corrupted, and overwritten files.

I wish the Black Lives Matter movement achieves it's goals.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Okay, they will achieve their goald, but there come another movement... and then again new movement... and again... will be impossible that all could achieve their goals without impact on that another movements.

I wish I have better memory.

archaic

You get two Samsung 256Gb ECC LRDIMM ram sticks.

I wish folks who vote for bad politicians, would vote for better politicians.

Toliman

And they really will vote politicans which you consider as better politican... but after election you will see that all politicans are bad people.

I wish my brain has better memory ;D

archaic

You have surgery that converts every part of your brain into to memory. Unfortunately, you can no longer experience touch, taste, smell, hearing, sight, proprioception equilibrioception, thermoception. You are also no longer capable of moving, or conscious thinking.

I wish all politicians were good, honest, hard working, reliable, with the long term good of others, at the fore front of their minds at all times.

Toliman

Okay, they will. But some bad and evil people (outside politic) will take this opportunity...

I wish I could take back some decissions which I made earlier.

archaic

You take back all your good decisions, your life is ruined, you become homeless, alone, and being stalked someone in a case of mistake identity.

I wish to win the state lottery.

Toliman

You win... but economy of your state will collapse completelly and thanks following hyperinflation your won money will lost value completelly.

Quote from: archaic on August 02, 2020, 06:06:15 PM
You take back all your good decisions, your life is ruined, you become homeless, alone, and being stalked someone in a case of mistake identity.
So I wish I could take back some bad decissions (only bad, not good ;D ) which I made earlier.

archaic

You take back some of your bad decisions, but the lessons  you learned from them, you unlearn, condemning yourself to make a whole mass of new bad decisions.

I wish for economic stability.

Toliman

Okay - there will be long time economic stagnation and this state will not changed longer time - so it mean that economic, economic development will be stable... stably bad.

I wish for stable and sustainable economic growth.

archaic

There is no such thing, growth is simply a part of the boom and bust cycle, it ends when growth in demand exceeds available supply, leading unavoidably to recession. Economists like to pretend that this isn't so, but when you look back in history, there is a constant succession of booms and busts. Some busts are bigger than others, the Wall Street crash that lead to the great depression of the 1930, for example.

I wish mosquitoes were extinct.

Toliman

All mosquitoes extinct and it will interupt food chain.

I wish mosquitoes at least would not be such agressive.

archaic

Mosquito's are less aggressive, but a new variant of the malaria parasite appears, and can be transmitted by any species of mosquito, several other sanguinivorous species, and in twelve months be comes independently airborne.

I wish CFC's weren't sill being produced.

Toliman

Okay, but we will lost all thing where CFC's are used.

I wish nuclear weapons were never invented.

archaic

Literally MILLIONS of innocent civilians die in the allied invasion of Japan 1945 to (probably) 1947. Millions of combatants on both sides also die, and millions more are wounded. History from 1945 is radically different. There is no internet, and no modern electronics. There was no space race, no moon landings. Also, there are no man made satellites, so no Starlink either.

I wish modern technology wasn't so dependent on advances made during, the First World War, the Second World War and the Cold War.

Toliman

Then you will have to forget important part of technologies which we use every day...

I wish know true about top secret matters.

archaic

Most of them are surprisingly boring.
Many of them have been leaked, and aren't exactly 'secret' anymore.
Quite a lot are only 'Top Secret' because they are embarrassing to one or a small group senior figures in the government or government agencies.
A few are genuinely surprising.
A few are truly nasty.
More than you would expect, are things you wish you hadn't found out about.

I wish there weren't any bad people out there any more.

Toliman

Okay, there will be only good people... but still, some people will be better than another (although nobody will be bad person) so after some time you still will consoder part of society as "bad", less good.

I wish a new space probes (something like there were Cassini probe to Saturn and Gallileo probe to Jupiter) to Uranus and Neptune were funded and sucessfully launched.

archaic

Your wish is granted! Billions from every nation are collected together to build a once in a life time new cutting edge probe, with a huge array of super sensitive instruments. This marvel of aerospace engineering is able to explore the solar system like nothing before, including landing two self driving autonomous rovers on Pluto. With a final destination to map and explore the Kuiper belt in great depth and high resolution.
Unfortunately, after a series of slingshotting maneuvers to pick up speed, a collision with some uncharted space debris while finally leaving Earth orbit, causes it to cease functioning. Sadly it ends up smashing extremely hard into moon. On the plus side, it's an impressive new moon crater to look at.

I wish bad things didn't happen to good people.

Toliman

Then bad things will not happen to people which you consider as good people... but then they bertray you and you realise how bad people they actually was...

I wish people which I consider as good people, really was ALWAYS good people.