Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

They will vote him and he will be elected but situation with new president will be even more bad than now... and you sadly realise that good politics doesn't exist.

And I wish more bright comets on EARTH sky ;D

archaic

The brightest comet seen in the entire time humans existed appears in the sky, and is clearly visible, even in bright sunlight. Unfortunately it is on a collision course, and causes a mass extinction, wiping out all humans among may, many other species.

I wish Quantum Theory was easier to understand.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Then quantum theory have stop to exist (with all consequences) because it's not possible make it easier ;D

I wish epic objects of southern night sky were visible from my place.

archaic

Two over sized nantang install a mirror, 13 000 miles in diameter. This allows observers in either hemisphere to see not just beyond the horizon, but beyond the equator, so everyone can see more of the night sky. Unfortunately, due to technical reasons, it is positioned directly between Earth and the sun, leaving the planet in permanent darkness. This means that the southern states are now less uncomfortably hot, however, plants can't photosynthesize. But hey, at least global warming is no longer an issue.

I wish food that is nice to eat, wasn't bad for our health.

Toliman

Okay, it wil be... but such food will be such expensive that almost nobody can buy it...

I wish light of fireflyes was more colourfull ;D

archaic

Variations within fireflies light output have now increased, sadly fireflies now emit light outside the visible portion of the spectrum.

I wish night vision goggles were less expensive.

Toliman

Okay, they will be manufactured by less expensive way and they really will be less expensive... but it will have big impact on quality so you can see almost nothing through them.

I wish there was more bioluminiscence (in visible portion of the spectrum) in Earth nature.

archaic

There is now more. Now every living thing, plants animals, fungi, bacteira, viruses, they all put out huge amounts of light, especially at night. Unfortunately, previously good dark places are now swamped with bioluminescent light, the impact on optical astronomy is colossal.

I wish scientists could find a cheap and easy way for astronomers to filter out all unwanted light pollution.

Toliman

Okay, that way will be invented and astronomers will stop talk about light pollution (because it already will not a problem for them)... but it will be meant that people will product far more light pollutions which will have another impacts on nature.

I wish clouds would be completelly transparent so then it would not be a such problem for astronomic observations.

archaic

After working tirelessly and many, many experiments, scientists have finally made clouds transparent. Unfortunately they now cause optical distortions that are so severe, that the astronomic observations are pointless.

I wish all Americans public took the virus seriously.

Toliman

So they will take it more seriously... but too seriously and whole United States will be catched in total hysteria.

I wish that virus went away definitelly.

archaic

It does! Unfortunately humans don't learn, and soon another, far deadlier pandemic emerges. Catching Governments around the world, totally unprepared.

I wish we were better at identifying, treating and curing all medical issues.

Toliman

Okay, we will be significantly better with it but it will have a bad effect - we will lost fear of diseases generelly (because all will be easily treatable) and someday new deathly plague (far more worst than we know now) come...

I wish good healthcare would be available for all people in all countries.

archaic

It is! Unfortunately, to access it, folks have to agree to take part in medical trials for experimental drugs with unknown and potentially lethal side effects.

I wish capitalism wasn't so destructive.

Toliman

Okay, capitalism will not be destructive... but you find that the biggest problem is not in system but with people - everywhere and always there will be some people who will want to exploit others...

I wish there would be more orbital telescopes like as Hubble.

archaic

Now there are, and every single one has a flawed main mirror. Unfortunately, having launched the telescopes, there is no money left to pay for the optical corrections needed to make them usable.

I wish I made fewer mistakes.

Toliman

So you will be make fewer mistakes (even you will doing completelly all without mistakes) but all other people will feel be shamed in compare with you because all peoples do some mistakes.

I wish there would be less clouds during autumn and winter nights.

archaic

There is now only one cloud. Unfortunately it completely covers the entire planet.

I wish the space wasn't so full of dangerous man made debris.

Toliman

Okay, but then space will be such empty ;D

I wish Mercury would be better observable.

archaic

Two Nantang move planet Earth's orbit, so now Mercury is the same distance as the moon. Regrettably, the oceans boil away due to the heat, and the atmosphere is blown away by the solar winds. Which is bad for the environment.

I wish Humans hadn't made such a mess of the Earth.