Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Okay, Humans will not make a mess so our Earth will be better place but then huge asteroid will collide with Earth so our finally nice world without mess will be destroyed.

I wish Venus atmosphere was without that thick clouds so then Venus surface would be observable.

archaic

It is! Sadly the life forms that live within the clouds are no longer able to survive, and Venus becomes the dead planet we had mistakenly believed it to be.

I wish mankind understood how small and insignificant the really are on the cosmic scale.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Mankind (generally) will understand it but there still remain few stupid "leaders" who will not accept it and they rather destroy our world then they would accept this fact.

I wish big mirrors (for telescopes) could be manufactured more easily (in good quality) and less expensively.

Kxanay

Ok, but the mirrors are so big, they make the telescopes more cumbersome and clunky.

I wish I could ride a motorbike.

archaic

You can, but you can't afford one.

I wish writing fanfic was easier!

Toliman

Then you will be able to write your fanfics such fast that your inspiration will be run out very soon.

I wish more people start learn Na'vi again after Avatar 2 finally will be released.

Kxanay

They do, but everyone in the world starts speaking it and every other language dies out.

I wish Pandora was real.

Toliman

Pandora is real... but meanwhile Humans become capable of interstellar traveling and all bad event (bad event for Na'vi) from Avatar movie become real to...

I wish moon surface would be such dark that it would have minimal impact on darkness of night sky during times of fullmoon.

Kxanay

It does, but it doesn't stop werewolves from transforming during the full moon and they can now use the darkness to hunt more easily.

I wish we didn't get light pollution here.

Toliman

Massive solar storm destroy all our electronic and cause total blackout so your place is completelly without light pollution.

I wish sky woud be always clear during times of new moon.

Kxanay

It's always clear, but airplanes also use it as a flight path.

I wish I could sleep better during a full moon.

Toliman

Okay, but then you can not sleep well without moonlight ;D

I wish more sunny days (and clear nights too, of course) during autumn and winter.

Kxanay

You get more sunny days and clear nights in winter and autumn, but it's still cold.

I wish my folks would stop seeing the endangered black cockatoos here as pests.

Toliman

Okay, they will stop... but then they find something else which will be unacceptable for you.

I wish clear winter nights with dry air and without frosty temperatures (so good night for stargazing).

archaic

You got it, clear winter nights with dry air and without frosty temperatures, so no condensation on the lenses and mirrors. Unfortunately your neighbor covers their entire house and garden with Christmas lights, that run all night, all the way to Easter.
Being pleased with the look of the house with lights, they decide to start a new tradition of Easter lights completely covering the house, which run all night until the middle of summer.

I wish computers didn't break at inconvenient moments.

Toliman

Your computer will work well, always... but total blackout come in very inconvenient moment for you and you have not a power backup so your good working computer is unusefull for you.

I wish air would be not such humid during clear autumn nights (next bad thing for stargazing).

Kxanay

The air isn't humid during clear autumn nights, but it's now freezing instead.

I wish I could get away from society and back to nature.

Toliman

Okay, you are back in nature, completelly away from our bad society... but nature is highly hostile to you, you must to fight with many terrible predators and soon you will be glad that you can return back into our bad society.

I wish there would be optimal ballance between our society and nature.

Kxanay

There's optimal balance, but then aliens invade and throw everything off-kilter again.

I wish we'd give more and take less.

Toliman

Okay, you will give more but nobody want because all people will take less, exactly as you wish ;D

I wish there woud be more planets with rings in our solar system (except our Earth, of course) what would be nice for planetary observation.