Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

archaic

Two Nanntang send a Bob Ross to the Moon. Unfortunately, the odorless brush cleaner boils off in the near perfect vacuum of the moon's surface, so the entire moon ends up being painted with a dirty brush. From the Earth, it looks uniformly brown. This significantly reduces the reflected light from the moon's surface, which Astronomers love, but which the whole entire rest of the Earths population doesn't. I also causes ecological issues, such as ruining the synchronization of coral spawning.

I wish there was a cheap, environmentally sustainable and ecologically non-damaging way to launch people and payloads into space.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Okay, this way to launch people and payloads into space will be invented and it also become easily available... but rapid increasing of space debrist amount is result and next launching to space must be stopped.

I wish problem with space debrist on Earth orbit was resolved.

archaic

All space launches are cancelled permanently, satellites are de-orbited and the ISS is abandoned - it's orbit decays until it finally burns up in Earth's atmosphere.
Earth orbiting space debris is no longer an issue.

I wish world leaders were more environmentally responsible.

Toliman

Okay, but all environmentally responsible solutions will be extremelly expensive so massive budget cuts for another things will be needed.

I wish problem with not enought budget for enviromentally doesn't exist.

archaic

The budget is available, but there is political pressure applied by lobbyists, and the politicians are persuaded that the real science is just fake news.

I wish the only news was real news, no more fake news.

Toliman

Okay, all news will be real... but it will be such terrible news that you wish that it would be just fake news.

I wish bad things didn't happened to good people.

Kxanay

They don't, but good things don't happen to good people either.

I wish I could I could go to a protest in real life.

archaic

You attend a Pro-Trump protest.

I wish good people's lives had fewer sucky bits.

Toliman

Good people's lives really will have fewer sucky bits, but sometimes happen and also bad people will have lives without sucky bits.

I wish our world was more peacefull.

archaic

Humanity fails to solve the ecological we are confronted by, all wildlife is wiped out in a mass extinction of unprecedented scale. Humans become extinct eleven generations later.
Apart from the weather, Earth becomes entirely peaceful.

I wish that everyone who wishes to watch Avatar in theaters in 3D gets to do so.

Toliman

Impossible wishes, because completelly all people will want to watch Avatar in theaters in 3D so many people can not (because not enough number of 3D cinemas) and sadly, you will be one of them.

I wish all cinemas would be 3D.

archaic

They are, but they all decide to only show movies in 2D.

I wish my PC was quieter.

Toliman

Your PC stop working so it's quiet completelly.

I wish there would not be technical issues (generally) in important moments.

archaic

Now there aren't, but due to globally increasing political polarization, protests and riots replace technical issues as the leading cause of disruption at important moments.

I wish for less extremist politics.

Toliman

Someday in future something serious and (in present time) completelly unimaginable suddenly happen. This situation will recquire hard and extreme solution, unthinkintable for politics which we today call as non-extremistic. And because we will not have these politics, we lost completelly all.

I wish I could turn back in time about few years (and didn't cause some serious consequences due that ;D ).

archaic

You turn back time, and relive your past, but now you notice things you missed, and before long you realize that so many of your memories are flawed, so much of what you think you remember is just plain wrong.

I wish that the time from December twenty third and January first traveled more slowly, so everyone could enjoy the holidays for longer. Without anything, in any way, going wrong, being bad/annoying/boring/repetitive/etc.

Toliman

Okay, time will travel more slowly it that days and everyone can enjoy very nice holidays for longer... but it will mean that return from this holliday time will be far harder + time will go faster again so you have feeling that time goes such quickly that you are not able complete almost nothing from your things and tasks.

I wish teleportation would be possible.

archaic

Two oversize Nantang buy you a teleporter for Christmas .....

I wish everyone gets the Christmas present they deserve this year!

Toliman

Everyone get exactly such present... so there will be a lot or people who get nothing (because bad people unfortunately exist) and these people will be angry and then they spoil Christmas time to all other people.

I wish everyone would have nice and peaceful Christmas.

archaic

Everyone has nice and peaceful Christmas. Global nuclear war is declared January First.

I wish I could afford the home of my dreams.