Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Okay... you have the home of my dreams... global nuclear war start after that and location of your home is exactly at ground zero.

I wish I could live on good and safe place without light pollution and with excellent dark night sky.

archaic

You move into a new build that is nice and safe. It has very little light pollution, (aside from the aurora australis), and has hugely impressive views of Dome Argus and Dome Fuji, on the East Antarctic Plateau.

I wish I could Watch Avatar in 3D again!
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Okay, cinemas in your city have again Avatar in 3D... but meanwhile, James Cameron come with another amazing technology, make Avatar remark which is totally awesome but sadly, not possible to see in your cinema.

When you put me into Antarctic... I wish visit unique Mount Erebus volcano, see active lava lake in crater of this volcano and safely return back.

archaic

You visit the Mount Erebus volcano, but it is dormant. You sit in the crater and watch a youtube video of the active lava lake. You return safely but disappointed, and uncomfortably due to the cold. The irony is not lost on you that you could have stayed in the warm and watched the same video without getting so cold.

I wish 2021's Christmas is better than 2020's will be for the many who won't have a great holiday season this year, for whatever reason.

Toliman

2021's Christmas will be great for everyone but it wil be last good Christmas for many years (even maybe last Christmas at all) because alliens will invade to Earth at summer 2021.

I wish everyone interested in astronomy have clear sky during whole evening at this December 21 and can observe conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn at that day.

Vawmataw

Wish granted, but for the rest of your life, any astronomical event will not be visible to you due to clouds.

I wish the temperature stayed below 0 during the entire winter
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

Toliman

Temperatures certainly stay bellow 0 during the entire winter because new ice age coming and whole your country is covered by massive glacier.

I wish there is at least few hours of clear sky during every winter night.

archaic

There is, however your view is ruined by the Skynet Starlink satellites.

I wish future generations could look up at the night's sky and see it the way I did when I was a child. Without a ton of unnecessary space junk, and significantly less light pollution.

Toliman

Okay, there will be total blackout so absolutelly no light pollution and something unpredictable happen which cause that all satellites fall back on Earth so then no one human made objects are on Earth orbit... and we lost all technologies which are depend on satellites.

I wish there would be ballance between reasonable dark sky and light pollution (which would be good to reduce but not cause total blackout).

archaic

Mankind spends many centuries searching for the perfect sweet spot of balance between them, but fails to agree on what is an ideal compromise. International treatises are un-negotiable because each nation has politicians fighting tooth and claw for their own positions. Eventually these failed negotiations become toxic and finally war breaks out. The war is long, bloody and senseless, as wars often are. The dead number in thee hundreds of millions, and yet nothing is changed, consensus is as elusive as ever. With civilization collapsing from the strain of war, a new, virulent and lethal disease emerges. Nations are quick to accuse each other of genetically engineering it to wipe out those who oppose them, the opportunity to contain it is missed. Hurried efforts to create a vaccine or cure end in failure, leaving only a pitifully small remaining population of those fortunate to have natural em unity. For those few, there is too few people around to create the light pollution once endured by the peoples of Earth. They can have bonfires without worry, but he opportunities for star gazing are rare as the pressing needs of survival in a world reshaped by war, plague and ensuing famine.

I wish mankind had the wisdom to learn from the past, not endlessly repeat old mistakes.

Toliman

Okay, mankind have this wisdom and they will learn from the past... but it will take some time and meanwhile our world will be irrecoverably damaged by mankind's bad resolutions from earlier times.

I wish everyone could be with all their family members and relatives during whole Christmas time.

archaic

Miraculously they are! Unfortunately they end up arguing, wishing they were apart again, and not speaking to each other until next fall.

I wish humans were nicer, especially the not so nice ones.

Toliman

Okay, completelly all humans are nicer so all people will be nice, but totally same nice... and this total uniformity will be incredible boring.

I wish relationships between people would be generally better.

archaic

They are, but everyone becomes suicidal due to the banality.

I wish there were no psychopaths.

Toliman

Then our world will be almost without people.

I wish everyone could easily learn Na'vi language and commonly use it.

archaic

It is! Unfortunately LN becomes so unbelievably swamped (with more than seven billion members), it is impossible to keep up with the new posts. It makes even the busiest times in 2010 seam dead quiet by comparison.

I wish 2021 is better, and less eventful than 2020.

Toliman

It is! But already next year, 2022 year will be such terrible year that you will remember on 2020 as great times.

I wish there would not be such bad year (like 2020 was) in our whole future.

archaic

The universe ends on December thirtieth 2021. Preventing any more years that could potentially be worse than 2020.

I wish there were no new mutations of the virus.

Toliman

No more mutation of this virus... but then new far more dangerous virus come.

I wish no more new viruses in next years.

archaic

There are no more new viruses for a number years ..... Unfortunately many existing viruses mutate and become impossible to treat, unresponsive to existing vaccines, highly contagious and highly lethal.

I wish we could cure all medical problems, quickly, cheaply, easily, painlessly and without side effects.