Make a Wish, Make it Useless!!!!

Started by Tseymsì, April 15, 2011, 05:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Then your life will be such turbulent that you wish to have boring life again.

I wish less clouds during winter nights.

archaic

You got it! Less clouds during winter nights. Unfortunately, there is less snow, meaning less solar radiation is reflected back into space, and more is absorbed by Earth, accelerating the effects of climate change.

I wish cloned meat was more affordable, leading to reductions in agriculture's carbon foot print, as well as reducing a animal mistreatment, cruelty and suffering.

Quote from: Vawmataw on January 24, 2021, 06:26:51 PM
I wish life was less boring right now.
We are in the midst of a global pandemic that has already claimed millions of lives globally, with the certainty that millions more will die, and yet more millions will have their lives and/or health affected long term/permanently. We are nudging into a global recession, largely caused by the pandemic. The transition from Trump to Biden as US president has almost caused a second US Civil War, and there are no guarantees that it cannot happen again in the near future. Trump is being impeached for the second time. In Cuba, Labor Minister Marta Elena Feito has announced a major reform to its state-controlled economy, private businesses will now be allowed to operate in most sectors of the economy.There has been a military coup in Myanmar. There is ongoing conflict in Afghanistan, Ethiopia, The Yemen, Somalia, Syria to name just a few. The global ecosystem continues to slide nearer and nearer to complete failure, which may well cause the extinction of huge numbers of species, including Humans. China has been accused of 'torture' and 'barbarism' (among other things) in Xinjiang labor camps, all of which China strenuously denies. I could go on.
And you want it to be less boring than that?
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on February 07, 2021, 05:02:29 PM
I wish cloned meat was more affordable, leading to reductions in agriculture's carbon foot print, as well as reducing a animal mistreatment, cruelty and suffering.
Cloned meat will be such easily affordable that everyone can eat it... but there are some serious dangers related with cloned meat which we didn't know yet and which become known after some time when everyone can eat cloned meat everyday.

I wish too many bright satellites would not spoil night sky.

Kxanay

Granted, but people flying drones spoil it instead.

I wish folks could enjoy the Superbowl halftime show without some prudish folks complaining about it.

Toliman

Okay, all people can enjoy it... but it will take such long time that meanwhile it become boring for you.

I wish world would be less chaotic.

archaic

A new variant of the Virus emerges, it is hyper virulent, has 100% lethality and is completely resistant to all current vaccines. A new vaccine is developed in record time, and put into mass production with incredible speed, but the virus has mutated again, now several new variants with the same virulence and lethality emerge, and all are resistant to this new vaccine.
Man kind becomes extinct. the world begins to return to nature, but one by one, all the abandoned nuclear facilities go critical, irradiating the planet causing all life as we know it to become extinct too.
The Earth, a virtually lifeless ball of rock in space, at last achieves order.

I wish we had a way to protect Earth from collisions with meteorites, commets and anything else that could threaten our ecosystem, technology or civilization.

Toliman

We will be able do it... but it will recquire such colossal budget that here will be not enough money for another important things.

I wish I could learn and know completelly all currently used languages.

Kxanay

You learn all currently used languages, but people start using dead languages instead.

I wish I had a familiar.

archaic

You do! Unfortunately it's a malaria parasite, which (among other things) is microscopic.

I wish I had a cloak of invisibility.

Toliman

Okay, you have... but someday you will need to be invisible (it will be question af life) so you take your cloak but someone catch you (just by mistake), he will be surprised because he can not see something... and he take down your cloak so then you lost your invisibility, exactly in the worst moment for you.

I wish I could become invisible, but without cloak or something similar - just I would say that I want be invisible and then I become invisible.

archaic

You are now invisible. Unfortunately you cannot become visible again, and have to spend the rest of your life dodging folks and stuff with no clue that they would collide with you.

I wish to not suffer the negative effects of aging.

Toliman

You will not suffer that... but it will mean that you will be always surprised how old you actually are.

I wish we have not such extremelly temperature differences here.

archaic

The temperature falls to approximately 2.73 Kelvin, and remains there indefinitely.

I wish my shoes were more comfortable.

Toliman

You will have very comfortable shoes but it will be unique piece (no another one even on whole world) so you will be afraid about it that you rather never use them.

I wish I could see into future.

Kxanay

You can now see into the future, but it's so terrible you become permanently depressed.

I wish I could rollerblade.

archaic

You can! Unfortunately you forget how to do literally anything else!

I wish to know where all my missing socks disappear to.

Toliman

You know it... but it's useful for you because you can not get them back

I wish clouds would be transparent.

archaic

Two oversize, zombie eating Nantang steal Harry Potter's wand, and try their best with magic. On the plus side, the clouds are now transparent, unfortunately, the upper atmosphere is now completely opaque. Now there is no sunlight reaching the Earth's surface, plants die off, followed by many animals. Solar power is gone, and without the sun's warmth there are no thermals and therefore no wind. Mankind uses electric light to illuminate crops, but as other food runs out, the crops are ravaged by what few animals remain. There is mass starvation, and eventually extinction, only creatures that live around hydrothermal vents survive this mass extinction. My bad.

I wish there was a way to map the deep ocean floor in high resolution.

Toliman

We have map of deep ocean floor in high resolution - but thanks it we make such terrible discovery about deep oceans that you will wish never know it.

I wish new probes were launched for detailed exploration of Uranus and Neptune and that their mission is completelly successfull.

Kxanay

We're able to launch probes for detailed exploration of Uranus (hrh) and Neptune and the missions are completely successful, but we wreck the Earth more by using up more resources and ignoring the ecological collapse.

I wish people were more proactive in dealing with the climate crisis.