(M.L.I.N.) My Life is Na'vi?

Started by swizaw, January 15, 2010, 02:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tseyk Tìriuä

Today me and 3 people where passing notes in Na'vi in Spanish class. My teacher grabbed the note thinking it was English and then was like "oh what language is this" in Spanish.  We told her Na'vi, the most useful language we are learning.  She scoffed and walked away.  MLIN

Tengkrr tìsngä'i Yawäl peyä tsenget ulte kifkey Yawä'evangäti ngamop.

Eanikran

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on February 05, 2010, 11:10:39 PM
Oe omum txan bathrooms around my campus that are like graffiti centrals. I make a point of scibbling a little Na'vi in the bethroom stalls whenever I go in. Sharpies FTW.
exactly the same reason oe always have a sharpie on me. even going to wal-mart  ;D

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Tseyk Tìriuä on February 06, 2010, 12:43:21 AM
Today me and 3 people where passing notes in Na'vi in Spanish class. My teacher grabbed the note thinking it was English and then was like "oh what language is this" in Spanish.  We told her Na'vi, the most useful language we are learning.  She scoffed and walked away.  MLIN

I'd love to do that but it look like I'm the only one learning it 100k around me ¬¬
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Tseyk Tìriuä

QuoteToday me and 3 people where passing notes in Na'vi in Spanish class. My teacher grabbed the note thinking it was English and then was like "oh what language is this" in Spanish.  We told her Na'vi, the most useful language we are learning.  She scoffed and walked away.  MLIN

QuoteI'd love to do that but it look like I'm the only one learning it 100k around me ¬¬/quote]

Yeah but they are friends they aren't on the forum xD

Taronyu Txonyä

Yesterday I saw a sign saying "Växlare" (Changer (for coins)) and read it as "Ätxäle". MLIN
Feel free to correct my (potentially big) grammatical screw-ups, it will be appreciated! =)
A Swedish tsamsiyu.

I just had a timing win moment. I was going through the 2007 script with the learnnavi wiki opened side by side. I got to the point when Neytiri is teaching to jake some basic Na'vi words then I switched to the wiki to have the exact translation. At the exact moment I read them, iTunes, which was playing about 12 thousands shuffled tracks decided to play "Becoming One of The People". Just as last time, this track is the exact one playing the exact part at the exact moment it needed to happen.

Those tend to happen very often with me. :D
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Tseyk Tìriuä

Today "Welcome to the Black Parade" came on 98.7.  When it said "she's watching over me" I yelled in a background tune "Eywa's watching over me!" MLIN

Every time I see Avatar, the whole crowd laugh at various moment in the movie; not me though. When I laugh, I'm generally alone and it is because I understand Na'vi. Next time you see the movie, look at how James Cameron love to mix opposite emotions in one scene. When he does, like when jake is encircled by atokirina, I always have the Na'vi reaction. This is also a moment where I get so much on the Na'vi side that I don't laugh when Jake make that "euheh" sound. Everybody else does...

On the same line, the Avatar script is the first "book" I've even cried upon reading it. And I just needed half of it. When it got to the point Jake and Grace talk about what happened about the school, I could not resist about thinking how Neytiri must had felt... Damn I want to see that scene in the Director Cut Blue Ray... It explain so much about why the Na'vi have humans and is really important to the whole story.

Kayrìlien

I finally had one of those "I thought it was Na'vi instead of English" sort of moments today in class. The professor had written the word "neutral" on the board, and I immediately thought "To what tree?". MLIN!

Kayrìlien

Mako

@Kayrìlien I do that sometimes :P

@Kawazoe You're not alone mate. You're not alone.

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Kayrìlien on February 08, 2010, 09:51:55 PM
I finally had one of those "I thought it was Na'vi instead of English" sort of moments today in class. The professor had written the word "neutral" on the board, and I immediately thought "To what tree?". MLIN!

Kayrìlien

Yeah.... earlier today we were talking about avatar... my friends dont know that im completely obsessed with it. When i said, yeah i can speak the language I love the film and i scour the forums all the time. They were like, stop lying. So i gave them proof by speaking a bit of na'vi. They just sat there with there chins on the floor like they had just won the lottery.
MLIN

Mako

I'm going to wallrun all over everyone who was laughing at me today in Team Sports tomorrow. We'll see if they laugh then. [MLIN]

Tseyk Tìriuä

today someone ran up to me and yelled "skxawng" i then proceeded to tell them that their mother was a skyperson in Na'vi. MLIN

Fkeua 'Awpo

Quote from: Tseyk Tìriuä on February 09, 2010, 06:02:41 PM
today someone ran up to me and yelled "skxawng" i then proceeded to tell them that their mother was a skyperson in Na'vi. MLIN

sorry for interrupting the whole thread but... owned

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

wait wait wait, so a random guy just came up to you and called you a skxawng for no reason?
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Tseyk Tìriuä

well i knew them hahaha....but I started calling my puppy Palulukan...she responds to it and seems to like it MLIN

Txonyä'ite

I think that deserves a cookie ;)

Tseyk Tìriuä

Sanhìyä Tirea

I posted my Facebook status entirely in Na'vi even though no-one on my friend list speaks it! MLIN!
Eywa ngahu,
Sanhìyä Tirea.

Rain

Quote from: BookLoverL on February 10, 2010, 01:47:02 PM
I posted my Facebook status entirely in Na'vi even though no-one on my friend list speaks it! MLIN!

I do that all the time, it drives my friends nuts!! :D
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine