(M.L.I.N.) My Life is Na'vi?

Started by swizaw, January 15, 2010, 02:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

I was reading the news. There was a nice headline: "Gmail banned by Iran". Nothing strange actually. But in my head. It was more on the line of "Gmail banned by Ikran" with the Ban (yom yom) Ikran picture. I laughed so hard.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 10, 2010, 04:21:45 PM
I was reading the news. There was a nice headline: "Gmail banned by Iran". Nothing strange actually. But in my head. It was more on the line of "Gmail banned by Ikran" with the Ban (yom yom) Ikran picture. I laughed so hard.

LOL - I keep doing that still...

---

Also, Cleverbot spoke Na'vi to me.
私は太った男だ。

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

It took tons of Na'vi hours to make it start talking. I would talk to it every day trying to teach that piece of crap XD.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Sanhìyä Tirea

I taught someone in my year at school to say "Kaltxì"! MLIN!
I called my brother a skxawng so often that he looked up what it meant and can now tell me "nga lu skxawng", though he still can't deny it in Na'vi and I can. MLIN!
Eywa ngahu,
Sanhìyä Tirea.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I saw this today, and without thinking I spent a few minutes trying to translate it from Na'vi. MLIN
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 11, 2010, 11:21:28 PM
I saw this today, and without thinking I spent a few minutes trying to translate it from Na'vi. MLIN

WIN
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Tseyk Tìriuä

Today my shirt came in the mail...it says "Ngeyä sa'nu Tawtute lu!" or "Your mom is a Skyperson!" MLIN

Tengkrr tìsngä'i Yawäl peyä tsenget ulte kifkey Yawä'evangäti ngamop.

Rim tsamsiyu

Quote from: Tanhìyä Tirea on February 10, 2010, 01:47:02 PM
I posted my Facebook status entirely in Na'vi even though no-one on my friend list speaks it! MLIN!
me too!!! =)
now i just have to learn the language a bit better tho......

and now that i think about it... i think i'm going to try and translate my entire facebook page into Na'vi :P ... over time anyway :P

Rim tsamsiyu

Quote from: Tanhì Tireafya'o on January 23, 2010, 04:58:49 PM
Today, while having a handball match I got mad at the arbiter and told him to: Tsahaylu ne ngeyä txìmti! He replied by disqualificating me for telling him to f*** himself in his ass. MLIN
i lol'd so hard when i read this :P

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Quote from: Tseyk Tìriuä on February 12, 2010, 12:16:47 AM
Today my shirt came in the mail...it says "Ngeyä sa'nu Tawtute lu!" or "Your mom is a Skyperson!" MLIN

:O special order? Post pics in the IRL forum! (or in Show Off Your Merch).

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on February 12, 2010, 08:25:00 AM
Quote from: Tseyk Tìriuä on February 12, 2010, 12:16:47 AM

:O special order? Post pics in the IRL forum! (or in Show Off Your Merch).

Seconded
私は太った男だ。

Sanhìyä Tirea

My friend from school who I had been talking to about Na'vi posted a facebook status in very broken Na'vi and I corrected it for her! MLIN!
Eywa ngahu,
Sanhìyä Tirea.

I've been greeting all of my friends in Na'vi today. Some of them didn't even knew I was learning it and yet they find it normal.

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 12, 2010, 04:21:04 PM
I've been greeting all of my friends in Na'vi today. Some of them didn't even knew I was learning it and yet they find it normal.

Same here, na'vi is a great language :D If only my friends learnt it then we could have full conversations in it without anyone else knowing what we were saying.

Quote from: Swizaw Nguway on February 12, 2010, 04:59:44 PM
Quote from: Kawazoe on February 12, 2010, 04:21:04 PM

Same here, na'vi is a great language :D If only my friends learnt it then we could have full conversations in it without anyone else knowing what we were saying.

Yeah. That s*cks. Every one I know think I'm insane and none of them want to try to learn it. It really is sad...

Back on topic, I was doing what I never does (aka: listening to the news) and stumbled upon the fact that Canadian government want to inject money into the petroleum sands of Alberta. I sincerely have no interest in this and totally don't care as I think it is a great way to get the oil we need close to us.

BUT! They shown a close shot of what I guess I could call the mine and it looked 100% like the Unobtanium mine we can see in the first 5 minutes of Avatar. That kinda scared me...

Swizaw Nguway

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 12, 2010, 05:58:35 PM
Back on topic, I was doing what I never does (aka: listening to the news) and stumbled upon the fact that Canadian government want to inject money into the petroleum sands of Alberta. I sincerely have no interest in this and totally don't care as I think it is a great way to get the oil we need close to us.

BUT! They shown a close shot of what I guess I could call the mine and it looked 100% like the Unobtanium mine we can see in the first 5 minutes of Avatar. That kinda scared me...
you watch the news alot!! But seriously yes. They are destroying this planet. Stupid sky people

Tirea Aean

^^this is sad. very sad only!

i spend 12+hrs each day on Na'vi related sites, be it here, the irc, or the TS or lookin at docs from learnnavi.org, and barely ANY TIME AT ALL on my college assignments. (even now!!!) MLIN...

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I (truly) RESENT (deeply hate) checking my email any more. There is no Na'vi there. It is all from unenlightened, and uninformed people who have nothing Avatar-related to share with me. I see it as an interruption of my time here. I want my email to be from a publisher saying "write this book on Na'vi," and from james cameron yelling at me for butchering his movie with my wild speculations, and I want death threats from Herr Professor for my abuse of his language. I don't want emails about how my books are selling on Amazon, or what seminars I should take, or FWDs from my (non-Avatar obsessed) "friends," with lame videos of red necks at xmas, or now, Valentines.

I don't mind going to work, but that is because I can work on the podcast at work (kind of). I can think about it while driving to and from work. I can come up with what I hope are fun things to do here at LN. But email is an invasion of my personal space--and time--and I want none of it. Hmmm... looking to my right, I see a small pile of notes I have been scribbling out over the past few weeks. Hopefully they are all podcast related. THAT I can enjoy. If they are not, I shall flush them and scour the forums for something interesting to read.

"Hello, My name is Dusty, and: MLIN" (That was a12-step joke)
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 13, 2010, 08:22:01 PM
^^this is sad. very sad only!

i spend 12+hrs each day on Na'vi related sites, be it here, the irc, or the TS or lookin at docs from learnnavi.org, and barely ANY TIME AT ALL on my college assignments. (even now!!!) MLIN...

Remind me of someone... Oh! Wait! ... Me ... ¬¬ I'm even in there during classes ;D