(M.L.I.N.) My Life is Na'vi?

Started by swizaw, January 15, 2010, 02:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kxangangang

Quote from: Sìltsana Mun'iyu on February 03, 2010, 02:19:28 PM
Yea... That
skx -as in sky, but "exaggerate" the K (thats the best way I can explain the ejectives without going into too much detail)
aw - as in ouch
ng - as in sing

nga skawng lu!

jk =P

Eanikran

Quote from: Kxangangang on February 03, 2010, 02:37:23 PM
Quote from: Sìltsana Mun'iyu on February 03, 2010, 02:19:28 PM
Yea... That
skx -as in sky, but "exaggerate" the K (thats the best way I can explain the ejectives without going into too much detail)
aw - as in ouch
ng - as in sing

nga skawng lu!

jk =P
srane, much better way to put it.

Txonyä'ite

Robert Nantangä Tirea

A heated arguement was scribbled on the back of the door to the bathroom stall I was in. One particular message ended with "... so your graffiti privledges have been secured until your balls drop." Drawing an arrow from this statement, I added my own:

All your graffiti privledges are belong to us until you answer: Ngal ngeyä sa'nokä sì sempulä 'evengit ke lu!

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Eanikran

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on February 04, 2010, 04:45:26 PM
A heated arguement was scribbled on the back of the door to the bathroom stall I was in. One particular message ended with "... so your graffiti privledges have been secured until your balls drop." Drawing an arrow from this statement, I added my own:

All your graffiti privledges are belong to us until you answer: Ngal ngeyä sa'nokä sì sempulä 'evengit ke lu!

Rain

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea on February 04, 2010, 04:45:26 PM

"You your mother's something father's child something be"? Merh?
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Kaltxì Palulukan!

I was at work today, absentmindedly overhearing a guy talk, and caught myself correcting his speech. Every time he used a plural I mentally told him "ay," as if I were a school teacher listening to a child read from a book, and interjecting corrections without breaking his flow.
:P
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 04, 2010, 09:53:59 PM
I was at work today, absentmindedly overhearing a guy talk, and caught myself correcting his speech. Every time he used a plural I mentally told him "ay," as if I were a school teacher listening to a child read from a book, and interjecting corrections without breaking his flow.

as long as he was speaking in Na'vi, it's not that bad ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 05, 2010, 05:38:45 AM
Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on February 04, 2010, 09:53:59 PM
as long as he was speaking in Na'vi, it's not that bad ;)
Unfortunately, this miscreant had the audacity to speak English. How rude! How uncultured! Na'vi is taking over English in my brain.  :-\
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

swizaw

Today in history class my teacher wrote "oe" on the board, abbreviating Ottoman Empire. I was thinking "I what?" for a good 5 minutes until my teacher clarified. MLIN

SnoopEn

Every day i greet every man with word "kaltxi"

Mako

I don't quite see how anyone can speak rapid Na'vi...not yet at least. Anyway, today people were making fun of me and told me to go pull a Na'vi move and wallrun up to a pipe that was at least 15 feet up in the corner of our gym. I missed by 1 foot. You should have seen their faces. [MLIN]

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Sänumeyu on February 05, 2010, 03:26:47 PM
I don't quite see how anyone can speak rapid Na'vi...not yet at least. Anyway, today people were making fun of me and told me to go pull a Na'vi move and wallrun up to a pipe that was at least 15 feet up in the corner of our gym. I missed by 1 foot. You should have seen their faces. [MLIN]

Get it on vid next time.
私は太った男だ。

Mako

Very gladly if I get the chance. We had a pep rally today, and so the teachers were distracted. I got a bunch of attention from the rest of the students, though :P

I was listening to my iPod when "Jake Enter his Avatar World" started to play. I happened to get out of college by a door I never go through when the track hits 3:41*. It took about 3 seconds for my eyes to adjust and see a backet-ball field in front of me with there where two persons talking in the middle. They say how much it would be nice to play if there weren't snow everywhere. I laughed and couldn't help but to run for a bit :D

* The exact moment Jake's get out in his Avatar for the first time.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Eanikran

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 05, 2010, 04:38:54 PM
I was listening to my iPod when "Jake Enter his Avatar World" started to play. I happened to get out of college by a door I never go through when the track hits 3:41*. It took about 3 seconds for my eyes to adjust and see a backet-ball field in front of me with there where two persons talking in the middle. They say how much it would be nice to play if there weren't snow everywhere. I laughed and couldn't help but to run for a bit :D

* The exact moment Jake's get out in his Avatar for the first time.
timing win  ;D

Oe went into my 3rd hour at school today, which happens to be in one of the computer labs, to find someone wrote kaltxì on the mousepad at my computer. I responded with kaltxì, ngaru lu fpom srak. hopefully this guy knows his Na'vi, as I'll see on monday ;D

Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on February 05, 2010, 04:46:36 PM
Oe went into my 3rd hour at school today, which happens to be in one of the computer labs, to find someone wrote kaltxì on the mousepad at my computer. I responded with kaltxì, ngaru lu fpom srak. hopefully this guy knows his Na'vi, as I'll see on monday ;D

I'm going to try that one in my english class on monday ;)

Tengfya swizaw

Quote from: Sänumeyu on February 05, 2010, 03:26:47 PM

Nice. I've gotten to the point where I can say certain sentences pretty fast (I may be horribly mispronouncing them, though  ;)) partially out of necessity, but I don't have too many sentences memorized to that point. Mainly just "Hi, how are you?", "You all are idiots", "I speak Na'vi, do you?" and "Eywa help me".

EDIT:
I also make a point of writing "Hi, do you speak Na'vi" On every whiteboard I see. Mostly when I do it some jerk laughs at me for writing gibberish and erases it. Next time I'll write it on their forehead.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Robert Nantangä Tirea

Oe omum txan bathrooms around my campus that are like graffiti centrals. I make a point of scibbling a little Na'vi in the bethroom stalls whenever I go in. Sharpies FTW.

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

Txonyä'ite

That would be hilarious but in my school everyone would know it was me. :(