Off-Topic > Spam

Na'vi game: Run k(x)eyeyt

(1/26) > >>

Vawmataw:
Hi, let's play a game. It is called Run k(x)eyeyt (Find the mistake(s)).

AYHOREN
1. One member will submit a few sentences (limit: 6 sentences).
2. Each sentence (or most of them) has one or more mistakes and your job is to find it/them.
3. If you find the mistake(s), please answer here.
4. Everyone can submit new sentences to correct when the other ones have been already corrected.
5. Please let the other members answer because they can play too.
6. You can explain your corrections if you want, it's not obligatory.
7. If the people struggle to correct your sentences, please help them.
8. Off-topic chat is forbidden.
(When the game was created, winners received a karma. It's no longer like this.)

Enjoy this game!

SENTENCES
1. Oel ngaru kameie.
2. Oel sunu Eywa'eveng.
3. Txo nga run kxeyeyi, oeru peng rutxe.

I wanna know your answers now. :)

Edit: Edited the grammar and the rules.

Blue Elf:
Well, good idea for those who want to learn!
First - some repairs to rules:
1/ Oel omum eyawra lì'fyavit.
you used agentive and patientive case correctly on nouns. But "eyawr" is adjective and these never take case endings. Instead, if it modifies noun (like here), you must add -a- suffix/prefix to the side where noun is (you can write also Oel omum lì'fyavit aeyawr)
3/ better is to say Txo tì'eyng ngeyä eyawr lu, ... If your answer is correct,.... here "eyawr" doesn't modify any noun, so -a- is not added.

And now correct phrases:
1/ Oel ngati kameie ("kame" is transitive, so object takes patientive case (-ti), not dative (-ru))
2/ Oeru sunu Eywa'eveng ("sunu" is intransitive, so object takes dative case, not patientive)
3/ Txo ngal run kxeyeyit, oeru peng rutxe (patientive case is -it, not just -i, and agentive is needed too)

To be even more correct, the last sentence should be: Txo ngal rivun kxeyeyit, oeru piveng, rutxe, but it requires more complex explanation.

Vawmataw:
Good answer to Blue Elf ! I gave one karma to you.

And yes, I did not make those mistakes accidentally. I have tested your knowledge. :)

Now, new game and new instructions.

New INSTRUCTIONS
1. Run lì'fyavit hu kxeyey.
2. For the correct phrases, say why we write this phrase in this manner.
3. I send one karma for the person who find the right answer, with the rights explanations included if necessary. If you only have the right answers, no karma.

Lahe lì'fyavi:

1. Oeru lu yuey syulang.
2. Oe yom nìltsanit.
3. Ngal lu yawnet oeru.
4. Oel new naerit, rutxe.

Have a good game !

Vawmataw:
I will say the answers if nobody do not give any answer. Have a good game ! The game is above this message.

Pam (P.A.'li makto):
I'll give a try...

1. Oeru lu yuey syulang. Lu oeru lora syulang. ("Yuey" is for inner beauty, so "lor" is better, and also "-a" was missing from the adjective.)
2. Oe yom nìltsanit. Oe yom nìltsan. ("Nìltsan" is not a noun, so can't have an "-it" at the end.)
3. Ngal lu yawnet oeru. Nga lu yawne oeru. ("Lu" is intransitive, and "yawne" is an adjective so no "-l" and "-t" are needed.)
4. Oel new naerit, rutxe. Oe new naerit, rutxe. / Oe new niväk, rutxe. ("New" is a modal verb, that's why there's the "<iv> in the verb.)

Well?  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version