Physically Becoming Na'vi - The Na'vi Genome Project

Started by xXJakeSullyXx, January 30, 2011, 10:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanither

Alexander Allegrant

first of all i'd like to say... ARE YOU CRAZY......  there is not possible way any amount of technology or science avaliable to us today could perform this task....
it would require growing someone to the height of 3 meters tall, changing there skin tone, altering ones skull and attaching a lenght of neural fibers.... don't even start me on qualifications.... almost a M.D... great for you... but really.... not gunna happen any time soon.

also, the human race is not pathetic... we have changed our world... sometimes not for the better i'll admit... but look at the feats we have performed.... from primitive stone to air and space travel....

and on the subject... we of the Na'vi speaking community(however fluent you may be)   are NOT ashamed of ourselves or this forum..... it's a way for many people to gather and celebrate the wonderful race that is the Na'vi.

oh and guess what... you yourself are human... no matter how YOU delude your self....
Sherlock Holmes: [handcuffed to John] Take my hand!
John Watson: Now people will definitely talk.

Payoang

Alright, can we take it down a coupla notches? Thanks.

Alex: Can you, in detail, explain how this project will work, and how (if in any way) LearnNavi members would be of assistance? I'd love to hear your input.

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Ekirä

Quote from: xXJakeSullyXx on January 30, 2011, 11:44:21 PMAnd you try to follow the ways of the Na'vi by learning their language.

I'm speaking for myself but I believe that there are others in the same place as I am. I am here at this wonderful place to learn a language and connect with other Avatar fans. I'm not here because I'm trying to follow the ways of the Na'vi. They are a beautiful culture, one that many of us desire to embody--but I am a human and no matter how much I want to be on Pandora and be a Na'vi, that's not going to happen. Not even by making "avatar" bodies and transferring human consciousness to them. And for what? So we're bigger, stronger? Why should we need a new body? While ours may not be as appealing as a Na'vi body, it suits us fine for the planet we're living on.

But I was basically trying to say (as respectfully as possible) that following the ways of the Na'vi doesn't mean becoming like them physically, but instead spiritually.

Eana Tanhì

Quote from: Ekirä on January 31, 2011, 07:05:30 AM
Quote from: xXJakeSullyXx on January 30, 2011, 11:44:21 PMAnd you try to follow the ways of the Na'vi by learning their language.

I'm speaking for myself but I believe that there are others in the same place as I am. I am here at this wonderful place to learn a language and connect with other Avatar fans. I'm not here because I'm trying to follow the ways of the Na'vi. They are a beautiful culture, one that many of us desire to embody--but I am a human and no matter how much I want to be on Pandora and be a Na'vi, that's not going to happen. Not even by making "avatar" bodies and transferring human consciousness to them. And for what? So we're bigger, stronger? Why should we need a new body? While ours may not be as appealing as a Na'vi body, it suits us fine for the planet we're living on.

But I was basically trying to say (as respectfully as possible) that following the ways of the Na'vi doesn't mean becoming like them physically, but instead spiritually.

wonderfully said ma Ekirä  :) I agree with everything

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on January 31, 2011, 09:06:10 AM

Oe mllte kop.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Toruk Makto

Beautifully stated! And I couldn't agree more!

ta Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Nyx

I agree with this completely.

Also, if you don't get support for your project here, why not look somewhere else? Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time and it seems you're just out of luck here. I'm going to keep my personal opinions out of this but if this project is something you burn for then by all means, go for it, just don't expect everyone to be of the same mindset as you.

Vawm tsamsiyu

Quote from: Zanither on January 31, 2011, 02:13:11 AM
Alexander Allegrant

first of all i'd like to say... ARE YOU CRAZY......  there is not possible way any amount of technology or science avaliable to us today could perform this task....
it would require growing someone to the height of 3 meters tall, changing there skin tone, altering ones skull and attaching a lenght of neural fibers.... don't even start me on qualifications.... almost a M.D... great for you... but really.... not gunna happen any time soon.

also, the human race is not pathetic... we have changed our world... sometimes not for the better i'll admit... but look at the feats we have performed.... from primitive stone to air and space travel....

and on the subject... we of the Na'vi speaking community(however fluent you may be)   are NOT ashamed of ourselves or this forum..... it's a way for many people to gather and celebrate the wonderful race that is the Na'vi.

oh and guess what... you yourself are human... no matter how YOU delude your self....

Oe mllte. And we are getting better as a species at taking care of the environment, we may have a way to go but we're going. If there was a quick and easy way we would have done it

And if you serious about this why are you asking for money? By the time it's possible to to that you should have had your Md for some time and be more than capable of paying your own way.
they killed the [you] tag

Kamean

[But I was basically trying to say (as respectfully as possible) that following the ways of the Na'vi doesn't mean becoming like them physically, but instead spiritually.
Quote from: Eana Tanhì on January 31, 2011, 09:06:10 AM
Quote from: Eyamsiyu on January 31, 2011, 09:21:21 AM
Oe mllte kop.
Quote from: Markì on January 31, 2011, 09:50:35 AM
Beautifully stated! And I couldn't agree more!

ta Markì
Quote from: Nyx on January 31, 2011, 11:55:51 AM
I agree with this completely.
Quote from: Vawm tsamsiyu on January 31, 2011, 12:56:02 PM
Oe mllte.
And I.
Spirit is all that matters. ( Neytiri )
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

P.A.'li makto

Quote from: Payoang on January 31, 2011, 02:16:25 AM

Alex: Can you, in detail, explain how this project will work, and how (if in any way) LearnNavi members would be of assistance? I'd love to hear your input.
Would somebody explain to me, RUTXE, what exactly is going on here?! I'm lost among the words...  :-[

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Vawm tsamsiyu

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on January 31, 2011, 02:59:45 PM
Quote from: Payoang on January 31, 2011, 02:16:25 AM

Would somebody explain to me, RUTXE, what exactly is going on here?! I'm lost among the words...  :-[
The person who started this thread is trying to trick us into giving him free money  :'(

P.A.'li makto

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Txura Rolyu

I agree that we are best suited for this world. We have evovled for years to become the physical way we are.

I also agree that spirit is all that counts.  :D
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Eyamsiyu

Ok, I've had some discussion with Alex, and after some exchange of information, he seems legit, and he is truly wanting to do this project (as far as I can tell...)

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Txura Rolyu

Can he share this information with the rest of us?

nawma skxawng

Yeah, I can see using a minor virus to deliver the extra DNA material, but the way he describes, I would need all of the details, and then confirm with my cousin, who works with cloning, if this is even possible.

[url=http://j.mp/USEastLN][img]http://j.mp/e2FA8X[/img][/url]

'Awvea ultxari ohengeyä, nawma sa'nok lrrtok siveiyi

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I took a look at his pledge page, it has 3 pledges which all occurred on the same day. One is him (of course).
The other two supposedly from France and Germany respectively just happened to pledge within 21 minutes of each other and after some searches I couldn't find anything on them or this "Alex".

Even the amount suggested for each pledge is suspect, $10,000 is essentially pocket change for a project like this which would almost certainly cost 10s of millions of dollars at a bare minimum.

I also checked their website forum, a free one with at least one advertisement that I saw, kind of weird for a guy that is able to pledge so much money for the project. There's a whole 4 members including him, none with any useful information to determine credibility.

Not to mention the fact that anything I actually can find just materialized out of nowhere within the past week.

I bet the entirety of my integrity as a human being that it's a sham.

If this post comes off as angry then I'm sorry but I have very little patience when it comes to cons. I don't make accusations lightly, if there were so much as a shred of evidence that he is what he says he is, I'd think twice about posting.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Vawm tsamsiyu

Not to mention his account here was created the sane day as this post.

Toruk Makto

Alexander, although I try to give the benefit of a doubt and maintain an open mind about such things, I question why you would approach this venue as a possible source of funding or support. I also question why you so quickly became angry and cried foul when your abrupt appearance and astounding claims generated what is reasonably expected skepticism. Honestly, you haven't presented a very professional appearance and frankly I would not even begin to consider your offer, given what we have seen of you so far.
Your characterization of our membership aside, there are actually some very perceptive and intelligent people here. Since I prefer to be counted among them, I would like to offer this friendly bit of advice: If you are seriously attempting to gain legitimacy, a more logical path to something of the magnitude of your claimed goal would deserve attention in the proper quarters, say in biogen or even the venture capital arena. Anything less is going to be seen as either a lack of sufficient warrant, or (as some have already said openly), an outright scam. The first can be forgiven in these forums, but the latter will not. I counsel you to choose the tone of your future posts carefully.

ta Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf