Main Menu

Rant!

Started by Coyote, January 15, 2010, 03:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

Look if you want a fun funeral, watch "Death at a Funeral". The British version, not the new one with Neytiri in it. (Zoe. I don't know how to spell her last name.) Or yeah go to a bar and have a few rounds to commemorate the passing. Funerals are an act put on by the people who don't care so that the people who do care don't feel worse. It's a big open thing so that many people can come to be a part of it. Humans are drawn to death if only to remind us of our mortality. A funeral is a way of doing that. But we drag them out as long as possible so that we may be with that person for as long as possible. Celebrate a good life, just don't dwell on it because that never helped anybody, including the one who mourned.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Tengfya swizaw

Ah, the old Rant topic.

I'm not mad, per se, just very frustrated. I'm currently working on a few Avatarizations of some people, and I'm not liking how the are coming out. I really like doing them, but they just don't look near as good as the other one. Was it a fluke? I hope not. I really want it to not be. But raw talent can only get you so far, and it's gotten me pretty far as it is. Maybe I'm really just not that good. And I'm also trying to build a tail. It's fun, gives me something to do. But I've had to start over three times now. Three times. Because of mistakes I've made in the materials. It's costing me. It's not turning out as well as I'd like. I'm not doing well in the language. People look at me patronizingly for learning it, at best. No one I know speaks or has any inclination to learn it.
It's just discouraging. I've tried all these things, and they're just not working out. I didn't expect them to be smooth sailing; I just didn't expect them to fail like this.

Here's to not knowing exactly what you're saying and having fun with it.

Proud founder of the DeviantART Learn Na'vi group!
http://learnnavi.deviantart.com/

Tsam'Txur

I'm typically a low key individual, but my gears really grind when people (not on this forum, because everyone here is awesome) refer to the Na'vi language as 'Avatarian'.
Jake-How will I know if he chooses me?
Neytiri-He will try to kill you.
Jake-...Outstanding.

Aruk Tsuken

You want to know something that irritates me?

Let's say that a person is in what others perceive as a fantasy world, hates something a lot, or hates a lot of things.  That's not what irritates me.  What irritates me is when some people "figure out" that the person (who is a complete stranger to them, I might add) is like that because he or she hasn't gotten laid yet and tell the person that he or she needs to get laid (and sometimes, say, suggest that maybe the person wouldn't have so much hatred if he or she got laid or tell the person that getting laid is the only way for him or her to feel better or resolve the problem that he or she has).

I've got four things to get off of my chest regarding that.

First off, getting laid is NOT the one and only way for people to feel better and resolve their problems!  People can actually feel better and have their problems resolved without having to get laid, for crying out loud!

Second, how would those people even have any idea or clue as to whether or not the person would actually "feel better" or have his or her "problem" resolved if he or she got laid?!  Just because they think that it would make the person "feel better" or have his or her "problem" resolved doesn't make it so!

Third, there are more reasons to why a person is the way that he or she is than not getting laid.  For example, I hate some humans (but not humanity as a whole).  Did that hatred come about because I haven't gotten laid yet?  NO!  It came about as a result of my disgust towards some of the things that some humans do (such as wanting complete strangers to fit the exact mold of what they want them to be) and some of the mentalities that some humans have (such as the "I don't like it, so no one should be exposed to it," mentality).

Finally, why should whether or not the person has gotten laid yet even be any of their concern or business to worry about?  It doesn't even affect their lives, for f***'s sake!

Niwantaw

F***ING PLAY.COM!!!!!!!!!!!
order AVATAR steelbook eddition + blue ray DVD player combo
ordered it.
day everything was relesed
nothing
no avatar.
no limited edition.
ring up
"oh sorry you had to order them separately"
"oh realy they why the f*** does the receipt say
sony  Blue ray player
"oh sorry but we're out of stock now"
"we'll send the normal blue ray."

GREAT.
of course i ordered the steelbook edition as soon as it came out because i wasn't bothered about making sure i got it [/sarcasm]

i really want to stab everyone who works for them at the moment.
A lot.
Only mostly AWOL.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on March 01, 2010, 01:33:02 AM
Quote from: 'Awve Tìkameie on February 28, 2010, 10:50:21 PM
I missed my last chance to see Avatar in IMAX for my first time  :'(. Now I have to deal with the horrible RealD DLP cinemas.

and . . .

Quote from: bagget00 on February 28, 2010, 11:47:45 PM
I have never gotten to see avatar in IMAX and probably never will again. That sucks.

Please allow me to relate my "first time ever" experience seeing Avatar in IMAX.

IT SUCKED!

I have been to, what I now know are called "Dome" IMAXs. Those are the ones where you feel like you are inside a snowball (or snow globe), and the seats are so slanted that you if you stand up (and then fall over), you will fall down 18 rows before you can stop yourself. they are designed so that you feel as if you are surrounded by screen. Every movie I have seen at these is usually some crappy independent movie, and I have only been to "dome IMAXs" at museums.

Example one: Boring "Giant!" IMAX screen of suckiness:

Example two: "Planetarium style" IMAX screen of most holy amazingness (that Avatar will probably never be shown on to the general public)

Then there is the "IMAX" I went to. Ooh! San Diego, right? 7th largest city in the country, or something like that. Edwards 26--yes TWENTY SIX theaters--and a "huge" IMAX sign. Well the show was almost completely sold out (yaay) and this was last week, not th day after xmas, or anything like that. The 3-D was HORRIBLE, and the screen was "larger" and curved, but listen buddy: "I am from L.A." (that is usually meant to mean "I am more Hollywood than thou," but in this case it means "I have been there, done it, and starred in the made-for-TV-movie.")

I have seen curved screens before. BIG ones. They are called "Torus" screens, and they can get a little annoying due to their tendency to distort the very top and bottom of some, if not all films. But when I thought "Hey! I am blowing an EXTRA 5 bucks to see this in IMAX," idiot me thought I was getting a golden ticket into the snow globe (see above). When I saw the screen was not that much larger than the ones I had already seen the movie in--and when you sit back far enough it hardly matters--I felt ripped off.

So please don't (anyone) feel left out. If Avatar ever comes to the snow globe, you can bet the rent that my happy ass will be camped out longer than those clowns at the original camp out: "The Line" (Star Wars 3--a week at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood--the first time America had ever seen such a thing--the first 75 people got special buttons from G. Lucas). But in the mean time, if you can see Avatar in "real 3-D" on a huge screen, and you have A: a good seat, B: a semi-intelligent audience (I know that is a lot to ask), and B; C:(sorry), don't have to pee in the middle of the movie, then you have witnessed Avatar in its true form.

But rumor has it that it may come out AFTER Iron Man 2 and other movies have shot their load. I would guess August. Does anyone remember last summer? G.I. Joe? Really? That was all they had left for us in September? Everything came out at once and fought for the same few weeks, and then they left us with G.I. Joe. Hollywood sucks!

Team Rocket!* Cameron!

(*That was a Pokemon joke)

actully i didnt notice how bad the screen size was. it wasnt really that bad, although id love to see it in the dome theature. its still playing in the IMAX theature in the New England Aquarium in boston, so still hoping!

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Txuraeyktan

Im F****** pissed because for the past 3 years i have been trying to get my popularity level in my school higher and I
went to tell my friends what they were doing and they had told me about some "avatar laungage" that people were learning and that people that learned it were nerds. well im a nerd then so i beat the s*** out of him. just for the hell of it, so now i am a unpopular guy again just because I like something that others don't. Ugh middle school. But the way i roll now is anyone who wants to make fun of me can kiss my ass or my fist or anything like that. but i hate waisting energy.
These guys are in the ER Click to save them!

Niwantaw

i'm sorry but i'm not surprised all of a sudden you are unpopular
(personal experience)

and also face it
we're all nerds/geeks/avatar addicts  :D
Only mostly AWOL.

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 26, 2010, 03:27:11 PM
we're all nerds/geeks/avatar addicts  :D

there is truth in these words...

Txuraeyktan

I don't care even if i am one. People don't mess with me, Im 6foot3 and 205 lbs and can beat anybody up=] That helps a weebit.

Eyamsiyu

I'm 5'8", and may not be the strongest guy out there, but I know how to fight.  And I'm not afraid of death either, so most likely I'll win (to understand waht I mean, look into the Samurai philosophy).

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Brainiac

Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on April 26, 2010, 05:24:46 PM
I'm 5'8", and may not be the strongest guy out there, but I know how to fight.  And I'm not afraid of death either, so most likely I'll win (to understand waht I mean, look into the Samurai philosophy).
I'm 170 cm (yeah, screw you, and your silly american system) and weigh 70 kg. I might not be able to beat anyone up, but people think I'm psychotic enough to attack them with a pencil. I don't get bothered much.
Speed is a ppoor sbubstitue fo accurancy

Check out my blogif my presence on this board isn't weird enough for you.

Niwantaw

i have attacked people with pens...
itis surprisingly effective :D
Only mostly AWOL.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Brainiac on April 27, 2010, 05:51:20 AM
Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on April 26, 2010, 05:24:46 PM
I'm 170 cm (yeah, screw you, and your silly american system)

Believe me, I hate the American system as well, because we just HAD to use different numbers for each new unit of measure, where as metric just goes by 10s.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

10 is so boring XD it should go by 8
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txuraeyktan

But everyone im friends with was friends with saw what i had in my closet =] a bow and a shotgun i use for hunting.
and WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT US! WE LIKE WHAT WE LIKE! i mean i like pie, i dont know about you...
GO US ( ME )

Tíngay outíngay

I really hated rants, in fact i hated them so much that i once did an 11 page rant on another forum about how much i hated them, then i realised what i had done and looked at the infinite pages of lulz you an idiot there, i also hate lulz even though i say it a lot.
This is not a signature... It is also not a blatant lie.

wow a really big hater i suppose...

Txuraeyktan

Im sorry but i have to post this on everything i've already posted in

lol looks like a drowning guy
OK is a stickguy sideways (O is the head)

Eyamsiyu

3.14, is you put it in a mirror, spells PIE.