Main Menu

Rant!

Started by Coyote, January 15, 2010, 03:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Quote from: 'Ì'awn Menari on August 18, 2010, 05:30:09 AM
no kidding i hate them too  >:(  it's because of them i've had to put the comment approval thing on some of my videos to block comments that could start fights.
yea i've noticed
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

'Ì'awn Menari

Lord and Lady Bless )O(
and before I forget...
Eywa ngahu! =D

Eanikran

Apple's entire existence is a gigantic load of rotting squid sh*t. That's all that needs to be said about them.

Lehrrap Uniltìranyu

You know what really grinds my gears?

People who hold up their music as the best and only kind of music worth listening too.

It really pisses me off.

It's not that I can't appreciate like of different kinds of musics. Oh no.

I love music. It's one of the most important parts of my day. I don't think I could survive without it. I can't even think of what a day without music would SOUND like. Well, minus empty, but even then, I just... I don't know.

But when one Jack-Off starts going ON and ON and ON about how 'I have the best kinda music EVARRRRR and you can't have it/listen to it becuz you're stupid/white/black/german/American/Male/Female/Etc. I start getting PISSED.

Allow me to open your minds and catch you off guard: Music is created by ALL PEOPLE. Yeah, I know, crazy right?

A heart beat is the most basic kind of music there is. It's what keeps you moving during a day, even if you can't always hear it. That 'thud-thud, thud-thud' beat is always there.

Then people started banging rocks together and one smartass got it in his head that if he started banging rocks together the way his heart beat, it made a good sound.

That's how drums were made.

Skip forwards several thousand years and we are FAR past that point.

We have so many kinds of music: Rap, Rock and Roll, Metal, Alt-Metal, Pop, Hip-Hop, Dance, Techno, Eletronica, 8-Bit, Geek/Fantasy Metal, Death Metal, Heavy Metal, Dark Eletronica, Gangsta Rap, Classic Rap, Classic Rock, Adult Alternative, Country, Rock Country, 8-bit metal Remixes, Mario Paint...

All of it's good. Sure, I bemoan the existence of Current day Rap and 'Gangsta' Rap, and some Country, and Pop-Divas, and Boybands, but I'm willing to -grudgingly in the sense of Rap and Boybands-, accept that they are to a point, music.

But some people are so F***ING ELITIST ABOUT THEIR MUSIC. I actually had someone tell me today that I couldn't listen to Goth Metal because 'You're not Goth.'

Well why the @#$@ not?!? You don't see me telling people that they can't listen to Van Cantos because they are not German, or because they they were not in choir and they are a capella Metal! (Side note, look them up. Their cover of Man of Wars 'Kings of Metal' and Metallica's 'Master of Puppets' are both particularly badass.)

You can be elitist about your clicks, and about your clothing style, but you leave my music ALONE!

And that really grinds my gears.

-----------
"Ta'em 'eko!!!"
-----------
"Better to have fought and died then never to have fought at all"
-----------
Bionic Arms and Pandora, The most read FanFic on Learnnavi.org! Read it here! -Shameless self promotion-

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

I agree with what you are saying.  As I like all types of metal and baroque music, even though I don't look like a metal-head. :D

Van Canto is awesome, thanks introducing me to them.  ;D

kewnya txamew'itan

This is the first time I've ever really had cause to use a venting thread so here I go:

GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That's a bit better. Well, I took a course to become a dinghy sailing instructor at the start of summer and got told that I'd need to get some more practice and get re-assessed within 6 months. Realistically, that gives me until half-term before the weather gets too bad. One of the other people (who's usually insanely reliable) on the course was put in charge of booking the re-assessment, the date we'd chosen was this weekend coming, but today I found out that he still hasn't booked it and it's now too late so now he's planning to book it for the weekend afterwards (which is the day of an event which I've bought a ticket for (for not a tiny amount of money) and will almost certainly not be able to get a refund).

So now I'm faced with a choice, either let him organise it and probably miss the event (and have to live with the uncertainty of whether or not it's been booked) or to organise my own re-assessment for the end of half-term which would give me more time to practice (and was the date I'd originally suggested) but have to stump up a much higher proportion of the cost of the assessor (probably either all of it or half of it instead of a sixth of it) and not get to do it with (m)any of my friends which will probably make me more nervous.

Neither choice seems great and to make matters worse my parents are blaming me for this because I didn't check up on the guy organising it (who as I said would normally be ridiculously well organised) every 5 snusua seconds.
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's