Main Menu

Smells you love

Started by Muzer, June 05, 2010, 01:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bommel

Quote from: Kerame Pxel Nume on June 07, 2010, 05:49:04 AM
Quote from: bommel on June 06, 2010, 06:11:27 AM
Although I don't like math...

If you want to participate in the engine development, you better get your linear algebra skills up. And due to the design of the terrain engine, knowing how to deal with complex numbers and quarternios (important for spherical interpolation) is also important.

Anway, smells I like... Hmm, never had that for a looong time: My cats when they've been strolling around in the grass for a whole day.
I didn't say I'm bad at math just that I don't like it much (at least what we do at university) ;)
As long as I don't need to compute eigenvalues of 10x10 matrices on a sheet of paper there is no problem. And I'm doing some DSP stuff too, so I'd say I'm quite familiar with complex number xD

Muzer

I absolutely adore cats, but I've never really been too keen on any of the smells they make - especially when they've just eaten and are breathing cat-food-breath in your face :P
[21:42:56] <@Muzer> Apple products used to be good, if expensive
[21:42:59] <@Muzer> now they are just expensive

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: bommel on June 07, 2010, 05:54:08 AM
I didn't say I'm bad at math just that I don't like it much (at least what we do at university) ;)
As long as I don't need to compute eigenvalues of 10x10 matrices on a sheet of paper there is no problem. And I'm doing some DSP stuff too, so I'd say I'm quite familiar with complex number xD
So what you don't like is doing calculations, Just like me. As long as you know, how to implement, say a relaxed jacobi method solver, we're good :)

BTW: Which university are you? I'm studying physics at LMU munich (will begin my diploma thesis next semester)

bommel

Quote from: Kerame Pxel Nume on June 07, 2010, 06:16:57 AM
So what you don't like is doing calculations, Just like me. As long as you know, how to implement, say a relaxed jacobi method solver, we're good :)

BTW: Which university are you? I'm studying physics at LMU munich (will begin my diploma thesis next semester)
Yeah, we're doing that this semester in our numerical computation course. Soon exam o.0
I'm currently enrolled at the FH Aachen university of applied sciences (in "scientific programming" which is actually computer sciences).

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I love the smell of Jasmine.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Eana Tanhì

i love the smell of fresh ^^ sign  ;D

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Elektrolurch

I love the smell of Pandora.
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

kewnya txamew'itan

Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Kerame Pxel Nume

Quote from: uniltìyìranyu on June 07, 2010, 01:54:03 PM
I love the smell of Pandora.
May I refer you to Mouse's lecture on Tastee Wheat in Matrix:
Tank: Here you go, buddy; "Breakfast of Champions."
Mouse: If you close your eyes, it almost feels like you're eating runny eggs.
Apoc: Yeah, or a bowl of snot.
Mouse: Do you know what it really reminds me of? Tasty Wheat. Did you ever eat Tasty Wheat?
Switch: No, but technically, neither did you.
Mouse: That's exactly my point. Exactly. Because you have to wonder: how do the machines know what Tasty Wheat tasted like? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like oatmeal, or tuna fish. That makes you wonder about a lot of things. You take chicken, for example: maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything.
Apoc: Shut up, Mouse.

Txuraeyktan

I LOVE THE SMELL OF....
umm
Forgeting what you love to smell....
uhhh...
well lets say...
she is watching you                 ===>
These guys are in the ER Click to save them!

Rain

Tea
grass
trees
rivers
fresh lemons
wild mint
new books
old books
books
did I say books?
before the rain
during the rain
after the rain
did I say rain?
new shoes
babies
roses
cooking outside
chocolate (it's because i'm a girl, isn't it?)
This is gonna sound weird, but I hate cologne, therefore a guy that smells like soap and cleanliness is awesome
hobby stores
wet clay fresh from the riverbank
cornfields
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Dreamlight

Quote from: Rain on June 11, 2010, 10:38:51 PM
new books
old books
books
did I say books?
before the rain
during the rain
after the rain
did I say rain?

We think alike, it seems.  :)

I'll add:

rum
tea
chocolate
lemonade
pineapple
coconut
mango
fresh coffee
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

P.A.'li makto

Books,
plastic sponges,
place where you store staffs used in gyms (don't know its name in English).

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Elektrolurch

Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!