Tawtewng's useful guide to controlling the world.

Started by Niwantaw, August 08, 2010, 07:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niwantaw

Here is some helpful pieces of advice I've picked up while taking over Cities/countries/worlds/solar systems/galaxies/universes/multiverses

Part one: Taking control.

Three different governmental styles for now.

First you must know the politics and the people of the target. If it's a democracy then you need to come across to the people as the answers to all the problems. Never let your true colours show because even the slightest bit of dirt on you could cause problems. If you do it right you could very well be voted into power without too many problems. The other thing you need is a hard core of support that you can rely on to help you consolidate your hold on the target.

If it's a monarchy then you need to work slightly differently. First you again need the people to support you. Then you need some scapegoats who you can dupe into killing off any heirs to the throne. This is the hard part because you must make sure none of them reveal the fact it was you who gave them the ideas or that could mean that you get a mid morning visit to the gallows. Once the heirs and scapegoats are dealt with you need to start spreading rumours about one of the other highly placed people in society. Make people believe that they are hungry for power and that they might even try to kill the king or queen. Now you must slowly poison the monarch. Slowly so the effects may seem to be a natural illness. Once the king is nearly dead you must plant evidence in the other person's room. The one who you spread all the rumours about. When the king is beyond hope you must bring in another doctor who will be able to identify the poison. You must then call on any guards to check all the rooms in the castle. The guards will find the poison in the new scapegoat's room and he should if all goes well be hanged. During all the time the king is weakening you must appear to be his closest friend. Seeming to worry about him all the time and spend as much time as you can with him. With luck you may be appointed the heir by the king but this is unlikely. Instead you must gather what support you can from the people and promise to lead them and make them greater than they were before. This and other flowery promises should get you into power without too much trouble.

Dictatorships are in some ways one of the easiest. Be what the man in charge wants as a successor. Then hurry his passing slightly.
Only mostly AWOL.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Niwantaw

Hey hey I'm just starting.
I've only begun to cover things and can you even have one that is both a monarchy and a democracy...
Or do you mean like a single elected leader who leads until they die and then a new person is voted in?
Only mostly AWOL.

Txur Niftxavang

PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Tawtewng on August 08, 2010, 07:57:35 PM
Hey hey I'm just starting.
I've only begun to cover things and can you even have one that is both a monarchy and a democracy...
Or do you mean like a single elected leader who leads until they die and then a new person is voted in?

Sweden is both a monarchy and democracy!

How much actual authority the king has is another question ;)

Nyx

Sir Haxalot, you seem awfully interested in this. I will be keeping an eye on you... Or, I mean, I'm totally on your side :D now drink this! *hands over a chalice*

Seykxetskxe te Vawm 'Ewan'ite (Kalin Kato)

There is a lot of thought behind this guide....me like... XD

Emtokay

Stay away from Oceania and will shall have no problems
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Rain

How To Take Over The World, by Rain

Breed cute, furry animals that somehow alter the brain's ability to think coherently. Mass-breed them and sell as many as possible. Wear protective gloves.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine