The gods are angry (I told you so)

Started by Kaltxì Palulukan!, April 19, 2010, 10:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tíngay outíngay

Volcanoes are very much win, they deserve a special place at teh top of all piles of epicness! they win because they can killl people in so many ways, and with so many varying speeds!

But seriously though, i do love anything that can be used as a weapon and lava is way up there!
This is not a signature... It is also not a blatant lie.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Just read in the newspaper that when you buy a ticket you need to pay one or two euros 'ash could taxes'

But I don't use airplanes
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

El Jacko

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 12, 2010, 09:31:25 PM

Well, imagine if there was a huge black cloud for days on end that rained ash from the skies--even if it was only in England, or France, or, due to weather conditions and altitude, maybe Switzerland.

Apparently, something along those lines occurred the last time Laki went off (google it), which royally screwed over us Europeans for several years afterwards. Alas, we can't see this cloud. Compared to the landmine that is Katla, Eyjafjallajokull is a firecracker.

Although, after it got angry in April (and grounded us), it didn't rain for about a week after, and there was a thin film of fine grey dust on my car after 5 days of not moving anywhere.
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

Tíngay outíngay

Tell me, all you people who know, what is it like to live near an erupting volcano? In australia we don't have any, all we got is half the most venemous stuff in the world...

But yes, what is it like to live near a volcano that is erupting? assuming that you were stupid, moronic...
...Brave! enough to stay.
This is not a signature... It is also not a blatant lie.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tíngay outíngay on May 20, 2010, 07:39:49 AM
But yes, what is it like to live near a volcano that is erupting?

I can already tell you right now that there will be a lot of different answers, because there are many different types of volcanoes (I did a science project on them once, and not the stupid "build a volcano" thing).  You have the Hawaiian/Shield Volcanoes that cause the classic lava fountain, you have "cinder cones" that are common in Latin America, and you have "strato-volcanoes," which are famous for causing the largest eruptions in history.

Those that have lived on the "Big Island" say that the fountains are beautiful, but as far as danger goes, you have plenty of time to get out of the flow of lava.  If your house is in the path, though, it's as good as burned.

Cinder cones aren't very dangerous at all, unless you happen to be right on the volcano itself.  Their eruptions tend to be explosive, but lot large.  Mostly just a few splutters and that's it.

Strato-volcanoes can erupt violently in what are known as "Plinian" eruptions.  If you happen to be around a volcano when this eruption happens, you can pretty much kiss your *** goodbye: the pyroclastic flows can travel, on average, 450 MPH, and the gas cloud reaches 1830°F.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Txantslusam Skxawng

Off-topic: Ins't there somewhere, still erupting lava for like a few years, I saw this on the Discovery Channel, it has killed less people then normal volcanoes, because this one is flat and the lava goes at the speed of a crawling baby, except for those huge volcanoes on which the lava can travel very fast and far.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Kaltxì Palulukan!

Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on May 20, 2010, 09:25:12 AM

I can already tell you right now that there will be a lot of different answers, because there are many different types of volcanoes (I did a science project on them once, and not the stupid "build a volcano" thing).  You have the Hawaiian/Shield Volcanoes that cause the classic lava fountain, you have "cinder cones" that are common in Latin America, and you have "strato-volcanoes," which are famous for causing the largest eruptions in history.

Those that have lived on the "Big Island" say that the fountains are beautiful, but as far as danger goes, you have plenty of time to get out of the flow of lava.  If your house is in the path, though, it's as good as burned.

Cinder cones aren't very dangerous at all, unless you happen to be right on the volcano itself.  Their eruptions tend to be explosive, but lot large.  Mostly just a few splutters and that's it.

Strato-volcanoes can erupt violently in what are known as "Plinian" eruptions.  If you happen to be around a volcano when this eruption happens, you can pretty much kiss your *** goodbye: the pyroclastic flows can travel, on average, 450 MPH, and the gas cloud reaches 1830°F.

Two words:

Pom pei (okay, so it is really one word, but I needed "two").
2022 update: Working on the new astrology book. "How to read tarot" books are on Amazon, if you are into that sort of thing.
Okay, so the old podcast is here: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/radioavatar It was goofy fun that ended too soon, but we had creative people. I hope we can get a new gang together (interested? PM me, let's make some magic!)
(Very old, outdated) Na'vi FUN activity book is here: But what are you doing? Let me know! :)

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Kaltxì Palulukan! on May 21, 2010, 12:43:08 AM
*snip*

Two words:

Here's two words you can use: Soufriere Hills.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

Niwantaw

Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on May 21, 2010, 09:05:03 AM
*snip*

Two words:

or comedy two words:
BIG CHEESE
Only mostly AWOL.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on May 21, 2010, 10:08:58 AM
Quote from: Autakuk 'Ekong on May 21, 2010, 09:05:03 AM
*snip*

Two words:

or comedy two words:
BIG CHEESE

Another two words:

AVADA KEDAVRA!

*tawtute akawng dies*

Eana Tanhì

QuoteAnother two words:

AVADA KEDAVRA!

*tawtute akawng dies*

haha win  ;D

has anyone notice that no one on television said the name of vulcano Eyjafjallajokull, at least here in croatia... no one can pronounce it right  :D they always say: the volcano that erupted on island and not the volcano's name ;D

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

kewnya txamew'itan

I learnt how to say two new vowel sounds not in English just so I could say that name.  :D
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on May 22, 2010, 10:26:56 AM
QuoteAnother two words:

AVADA KEDAVRA!

*tawtute akawng dies*

haha win  ;D

has anyone notice that no one on television said the name of vulcano Eyjafjallajokull, at least here in croatia... no one can pronounce it right  :D they always say: the volcano that erupted on island and not the volcano's name ;D

Except Al Roker of Good Morning America.  He got it.

El Jacko

Its pretty easy to say, after a few goes. Stays pretty hard to spell though...
'Look at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us...on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam' - Carl Sagan

kewnya txamew'itan

Quote from: El Jacko on May 22, 2010, 03:43:18 PM
Its pretty easy to say, after a few goes. Stays pretty hard to spell though...

Really? you sure you got the y and o right? Neither of those vowels are in English.

The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

learnnavi's

El Jacko

Who says I've only ever spoken english? Besides, they're not that hard to figure out, its from a Scandanavian base.

Rain

Quote from: Tawtute akawng on April 20, 2010, 07:48:45 PM
random medieval peasant.

"The apoclypse is upon us!!"
*runs around screaming and generally shouting about the end of the world"

*thumps you on the head with a canoe paddle, you hit the dirt unconscious*
Be quiet.
"If there are self-made purgatories, then we shall all have to live in them."
-Spock, "This Side of Paradise"

"The greatest danger about Pandora is that you may come to love it too much." ~Grace Augustine

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: El Jacko on May 22, 2010, 05:16:38 PM
Who says I've only ever spoken english? Besides, they're not that hard to figure out, its from a Scandanavian base.

I would bet, based on your picture, that it also gets easier with a black mask and cape and after a few drinks, too...

kewnya txamew'itan

Quote from: El Jacko on May 22, 2010, 05:16:38 PM

I was going from the fact that your profile only lists you as being fluent in English (I really think that should just be what languages do you speak) and your location is England.

Anyway, what do you mean by "it" and they're not that easy to figure out, the scandinavian y is a nightmare for most English speakers to learn.

learnnavi's

El Jacko

Only 'fluent' in English. 3 years at a language college left me with experience of French, Spanish, German, Russian, Japanese and a few words from Norway. Admittedly, I've forgotten everything useful, but I can still read most of them (barring Japanese).