The quotes of the day

Started by Hufwe ta'em, October 13, 2010, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

"Lights out. See you at dinner, kitties." - Grace

Someone said "lights out" today. :P Of course then it sounded wrong when they didn't follow that with "see you at dinner, kitties".....

Eanikran

Quote from: Ekirä on November 29, 2010, 06:56:20 PM
"Lights out. See you at dinner, kitties." - Grace

Someone said "lights out" today. :P Of course then it sounded wrong when they didn't follow that with "see you at dinner, kitties".....
Billie Joe Armstrong(lead vocals in Green Day) said that at a concert and it made me think what things would be like if he were the head of the avatar prog.  ;D

Txepä Tsyal

"Jake-How will I know if he chooses me?
Neytiri-He will try to kill you...
Jake-.....
Jake-Outstanding"
New personal modo:

Eyamsiyu

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you." - some t-shirt I saw once.

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Lolet

"You make me want to throw up in some tinfoil and eat it."- Monster House  ;D

Aruk Tsuken

"I've got more bodyguards than Al Capone." – Some guy who was with several family members as they were leaving a restaurant.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Tawtutan kunhuI can do that.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ekirä

ExLibrisMortis

--Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, --Because it is there.-- Well, space is there, and we\'re going to climb it, and the moon and the planets are there, and new hopes for knowledge and peace are there. And, therefore, as we set sail we ask Gods blessing on the most hazardous and dangerous and greatest adventure on which man has ever embarked.--

-John F. Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid....
Heard this when I was a kid, dont know where from.

NotW#82

Eana Tanhì

"You think following the rules will buy you a nice life, even if the rules make you a slave."

Mal (Firefly)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Key'ìl Nekxetse

Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Eyamsiyu

Carmen: F***!!!
Will: what?
Carmen: I just ot Patted.

Backstory-basically the drum-set teacher, Pat, pretty much makes any person he "asks" to take lessons.  Hence the term "Patted."

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Puvomun

My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably  why he got thrown out of the fire brigade.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Heavy weapons guy
Beat me once! Shame on me. Beat me twice! Also shame on me. Beat me three times!. I am sent to my death.

Eana Tanhì

"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

Mal (Firefly)

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Puvomun

Politicians are wonderful people as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, such as working for a living.

Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Niwantaw

"Not gonna happen
oh no not gonna happen"
-turk
Only mostly AWOL.

Txepä Tsyal

It's.........
Soooooooooooooooooooo..........................
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......................
New personal modo:

Pxelsam

QuoteBut on this most auspicious of nights, permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace soubriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis persona. Voila! In view humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the "vox populi" now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin, van guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.
V in V for vendeta

Pxelsam