80 km / 50 miles in 20 hours

Started by Txantslusam Skxawng, March 22, 2011, 09:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txantslusam Skxawng

So next month its the time of the year again for me. The 23th of April at 5 a.m. I am going to walk the Kennedymarch, its 80 km / 50 miles long and must be completed within 20 hours, running is not allowed.

This is the third time I going to walk it, the other two times I didn't walked the full length, but I had walked half of it, 40 km / 25 miles, so this year I really am pumped up for it to make it, the full 80 km / 50 miles. And hey, ''third time's the charm''...

But both on those two times I had only trained once, this time, I have been practicing since last year October, so I am confident. But there still is one more thing.....

The 22th of April I have gala. So changes are that I won't be home until 2 or 3 a.m. So that would leave me with about between 1 and 2,5 hours of sleep. So that won't be to much of a problem I guess, I think 1 or 2,5 hours of sleep is good enough for 80 km / 50 miles. And I also need to watch out that I don't drink too much! Or else I probably still am wearing my suit and having a hang-over while walking those 80 km / 50 miles ^^ I would probably be the first to do that HRH.

Edit: I have put this is spam because the other two times I had it in the General Discussion section, but it never got more then 15 posts, so I am putting it here because I think its not really worth it putting it in there again.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Ikranari on March 22, 2011, 09:21:45 AM
Awesome, walk on! Hope you make it, eaven if you are drunk or not  ::)
Is it many people that do this?
Yea, and since a few years there also are the Swentiboldmarch and the Mini-march

The Swentiboldmarch is 40 km / 25 miles and the Mini-march is 10 km / 6 miles

About 30 people of my school also are walking it, 18 are going to walk the 80 km / 50 miles and 11 are going to walk the 40 km / 25 miles.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Ikranari on March 22, 2011, 09:41:25 AM
nice, is it some reward? A medalie or something?
A small pin if I remember, at 5 times completed you can go for a medal, also at 15 something but I don't remember

Txantslusam Skxawng

Puvomun

Sìltsana syayvi, ma tsmukan! Good luck, my friend. That's quite an enterprise you're going on. I hope you had time to train your body for this, 80km is quite a bleeding stretch!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Txantslusam Skxawng

This Saturday it is finally going to happen. The Kennedymarch, and tomorrow I got prom.

The only thing that is going thru my head right now is that I get at home from prom in time :P

Txantslusam Skxawng

I've done the math and in total I have walked between 200 a 300 km as training.

Been training since last year October, walked about 40 a 60 km each month. ( Besides school and work )

Puvomun

Curious how he's doing... it is so warm here today.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Didn't walked the full 80 km, I walked 55 km.

I think its because of prom I had the night before, all the beer came out in the morning since I hadn't eaten anything, then I felt much better. Mentally I could have made it, but physically not.

We were takings 15 min breakes every hour after we had walked 40 km. After every break, the walking became harder. Plus I had to push myself back a little ( says my dad ) so that I could walk on the same pace with my dad and that I would have made it if I didn't push myself back.

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.