What did you learn today?

Started by 'Oma Tirea, March 10, 2011, 06:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sіr. Ηaxalot

That there actually was a "instruction manual" in how to hunt down and punish witches, Malleus Maleficarum, or "Hammer of the Wicked".

Religion can surely be a wicked thing :(

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I learnt that one can interpret an homoerotic relationship in Othello! :o I had kinda already seen it in the film before the teacher talked about it, but it still made me go "wow, really?" hrh. :P

Txantslusam Skxawng

I learned something about chemistry, but I forgot
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on March 30, 2011, 04:03:05 AM
I learned something about chemistry, but I forgot
Chemistry?! Where?   ;D

Sіr. Ηaxalot

That turning off animation of gifs is a great idea! Downside it that the smiley looks a bit like Derpface.

Txur Niftxavang

Learned to deal with the pain from pinched nerves.   Shooting numbness once again.         Pain medications dull your body's reactions to dealing with discomfort...  I'd rather chew on broken glass then to deal with pinched nerves again.       When I run, my back acts up really bad, it's slowly getting better, but after exercising, its hard to even relax, that's when it comes back.
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Puvomun

That it is still very simple to crash MS Word and take down all of MS Windows with it.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Swoka Ikran

Something about SQL that will be very useful in a PHP program I'm going to be writing...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Alyara Arati

That instead of having to get up at 6am, I can sleep in all the way until 8am.  Woohoo. :P
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

'Itan Atxur

I learned that plain old white website themes are a-okay. Just signed up for tree-of-souls.com and the high contrast and colorful background hurts my eyes! I missed learnnavi.org for the 30 seconds I was gone!

;D ;D

-Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Yes, bright websites > dark anytime. The eyes get used to the dark background and then it "hurts" when you go back to a page with white background.

Puvomun

...that you can use a spreadsheet in google docs for chatting...  :D

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Puvomun

Quote from: Ikranari on April 06, 2011, 10:02:04 AM
that my hands are wierd...
One extra finger on each and not the right shade of blue?

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Today I Learned that Elgiganten in Linköping has alot of unlocked computers, iPads and phones where you can do lulzy stuff such as leave certain webpages up ::) ;D

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on April 06, 2011, 03:17:40 AM
Yes, bright websites > dark anytime. The eyes get used to the dark background and then it "hurts" when you go back to a page with white background.

On the other hand I find the darkness of ToS to be quite relaxing to the eye...

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Inspirata on April 07, 2011, 12:42:26 AM
Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on April 06, 2011, 03:17:40 AM

On the other hand I find the darkness of ToS to be quite relaxing to the eye...

It is until you go back to a bright webpage ;)

Puvomun

That making flash applications is not simple for the beginner. Which I am. Crikey.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Txur Niftxavang

I relearned what the sensation of grass felt like on the bottom of my feet.   I hate running shoes.   

I swear I felt 5 again.  It was the most liberating feeling!  :)
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

archaic

Run in bare feet, it's better for them and for you.

As long as there is nothing that could hurt you on the ground, needles, broken glass, wasps, sharp stones, bottle caps, nails, splinters, screws, barbed/razor wire, razorblades, lego bricks, cans, snakes, spiders, excrement, dead animals, infectious fungal spores ..... you get the idea.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: archaic on April 10, 2011, 04:10:15 AM
Run in bare feet, it's better for them and for you.

As long as there is nothing that could hurt you on the ground, needles, broken glass, wasps, sharp stones, bottle caps, nails, splinters, screws, barbed/razor wire, razorblades, lego bricks, cans, snakes, spiders, excrement, dead animals, infectious fungal spores ..... you get the idea.
I don't, can you give me some more examples? P
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF