What did you learn today?

Started by 'Oma Tirea, March 10, 2011, 06:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

That it's okay to call your boss foul names when he deserves it. As long as you have an understanding boss. ;)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Txur Niftxavang

Learned that hard work never pays off in the Marine Corps. They will f*** you either way, anyway possible. 
PSN: AVATAR_052191

If anyone has a question about firearms training/ Bow training leave a message, a voicemail on my phone, or text.
State your name, and if you are one of the people.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 17, 2012, 07:29:15 PM
Nah, well tell you that the word doesn't exist yet :3 and suggest you to say "closed eyes for now. ;)

TIL....

uhm...

That not everyday is it apparent that something has been learned?

OE MLLTE!  Sometimes I learn twice, and the lightbulb finally LIGHTS UP!
IRAYO MA TIREA AEAN!

Yaknun

I learned today: promotion is important. Fazit: see www.thinknavi.org  :D
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Swoka Ikran

TIL...not much.

What I need to learn though is a good way to get people to take the online survey about Windows 8 that I'll be starting in the next day or so.
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Takmeyalan te Tsu'erak 'Ewfwefpìkxap'itan

That no matter how alive you feel in one moment, you can die the next. No matter how much you need to hold on to one thing that matters most you can't do anything about it. Am I just going to sit here helpless? I can't decide on whether or not I want to fail at all that I do anymore. I can't decide on trying anymore. Am I just trying to convince myself that something happening, isn't? Should I just let it go? Persist? What should I do- No. I will never fall away. I promised. And I promised to never break that promise if all the others decintergrated. I am literally shaking. I feel sick. Do I die? Just this once? Or do I continue to live and persist even though the opposite is all I can see, now. I'll let you know how the latter goes.
Pure white would be disturbing. :)
We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.

Kxeyo

I learned it yesterday, doesn't matter, right?

Yesterday I learned that Na'vi is still fun.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Blue Elf

TIL that winter is here finally. There was first snow, even in lowlands
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Puvomun

TIL that life can play some really funny tricks on a person.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Txantslusam Skxawng

That I get on here too little nowadays. Sometimes l'm on here, but don't do anything.
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Puvomun

TIL that the plonker is seen as a British word but its origin is actually Danish.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

bommel

Parallel Jacobi method for solving Poisson differential equations

Yawne Zize’ite

I learned that a modern font is a complicated piece of software, and making one small change can mean a lot of work decompiling and dealing with binary blobs.

Kane

I learned today that korean word "Gangnam" means "to the south of the river". It was so interesting that I also learned Hangeul - korean national alphabet and tsun write some in korean using standart keyboard, for example 강남구 or 안녕하세요. It's so funny :)
Fko syaw oeru [ˈKaː.nɛ]

Irtaviš Ačankif

Can you write some Na'vi in Hangeul? lol
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

Puvomun

Today I learnt that not everyone understands that you are talking about the windows start menu when you talk about the windows start menu, using the words "Windows start menu". Life and words are difficult.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Yaknun

Today I learned that waiting can also be interesting  ::)

Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Blue Elf

Quote from: Puvomun on November 20, 2012, 04:45:12 AM
Today I learnt that not everyone understands that you are talking about the windows start menu when you talk about the windows start menu, using the words "Windows start menu". Life and words are difficult.
Just people are cool. Wondering what they think you were speaking about   :o
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Puvomun

Quote from: Blue Elf on November 20, 2012, 03:04:27 PM
Quote from: Puvomun on November 20, 2012, 04:45:12 AM
Just people are cool. Wondering what they think you were speaking about   :o
Believe it or not, they were thinking of the windows system tray...  :o indeed, even though both have 3 words. ???

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

I have learned today that:  It's good to take a moment, find someplace secluded and quiet, confined and with solitude. Sit down and close your eyes. And listen to your mind.

Actually pay attention to your thoughts.

NotW#82