What did you learn today?

Started by 'Oma Tirea, March 10, 2011, 06:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I learned something important.
I can't remember what I learned
but I leanred it
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project

阿波

That 炸 is pronounced zha2 (in 炸醬麵), and not zhao3.
That I really should learn the Chinese number gestures. So useful when asking for price... So far I only know 6, which looks like "call me/you later."

Tirea Aean

Quote from: EzyRyder on August 31, 2015, 04:31:02 AM
That 炸 is pronounced zha2 (in 炸醬麵), and not zhao3.

This is why I am severely afraid of getting stuck with learning Chinese at the DLI. Please for the love of all that is good let it be that I get a language that has an alphabet! D;

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I'm still stuck learning Na'vi (which I love) because I'm such a slow learner.
I have several languages such as 'sign language' I intend to learn once I finish learning Na'vi.
for instance I'm learning sign to help me with my translating Na'vi into sign language project :P
can't wait.
Unofficial Na'vi survey

阿波

Funny, I also tried to recall a few signs in JSL last night :D I wanted to look for some notebooks, and my friend told me they have some stationery at a nearby bookstore, so maybe I could look for some Taiwanese Sign Language dictionaries or something, too, while I'm there ;D (I've read a lot of the vocabulary is actually similar to (or at least influenced by) that of JSL, because of the Japanese occupation)

阿波

That there's an even better way to practise calligraphy, without wasting too much ink and paper: 水書紙!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z29U7xKGhG4
(My attempt at translating some of the text in the video):
Paper for calligraphy, on which you can write with water.
You soak the ink brush in water. (Not overdoing it is the key!)
After you finish writing, you wait until the water dries.
You can accelerate the process using a dry towel or a hair drier. (Fast-forward...)
Once the water evaporates, you get to write on it again!
Let's try writing on it some more!

I need to get me some of that :)

Kame Ayyo’koti

Quote from: EzyRyder on September 02, 2015, 01:51:33 AM
That there's an even better way to practise calligraphy, without wasting too much ink and paper: 水書紙!
So simple, yet so convenient!

Today I learned how to supercharge my Anki cards: How to make high quality Anki cards quickly
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I learned that even if I wasn't looking for people enthusiastic about avatar and the Na'vi language, that my students would.
I have a new student because one of my original students 'Tireatsyìp' found someone himself who was interested.
well done student!!

my lesson - there are people out there even if you don't see them
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tstewa Ikrantsyìp on September 02, 2015, 08:03:11 PM
I learned that even if I wasn't looking for people enthusiastic about avatar and the Na'vi language, that my students would.
I have a new student because one of my original students 'Tireatsyìp' found someone himself who was interested.
well done student!!

Txantsan! :D :D

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 02, 2015, 08:06:52 PM
Quote from: Tstewa Ikrantsyìp on September 02, 2015, 08:03:11 PM
well done student!!

Txantsan! :D :D

His name is Lachlan.
btw. I will be posting pictures of each of my students in my Teaching while learning post in the next few days, there are now either 5 or 6. I lose count sometimes :P
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tstewa Ikrantsyìp on September 02, 2015, 08:08:17 PM
His name is Lachlan.
btw. I will be posting pictures of each of my students in my Teaching while learning post in the next few days, there are now either 5 or 6. I lose count sometimes :P

Awesome! As long as they're cool with you posting photos of them publicly on the internet. (I recommend you make a Gallery folder that only Members can browse/access :) )

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 02, 2015, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: Tstewa Ikrantsyìp on September 02, 2015, 08:08:17 PM
His name is Lachlan.

Awesome! As long as they're cool with you posting photos of them publicly on the internet. (I recommend you make a Gallery folder that only Members can browse/access :) )

1. Yes, I have their permission. I asked them and explained things before I even took their pictures.
2. I agree that I should make a photo album with only members access.
Irayo ma Tirea Aean
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

You said you look forward to more.
that's it.

hayalovay :)
Unofficial Na'vi survey

Tirea Aean

TIL the Book Around the World has been remembered by Toruk Makto and he has made it a priority to ship it off to the next holder.

:ikran:

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I want to have a job and a place of my own before I get the book. :) but im happy that I will either way.
Unofficial Na'vi survey

阿波

It's cool you can get a job at this age. I hope you'll get it, and like it :)

Apparently, "despite my best attempts," I speak Mandarin in a Mainland-ish way. But! I bought a book on Taiwanese (another Chinese language, aka Taiwanese Hokkien/Minnan), so we'll see who shall have the last laugh ;) ;D

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

I learned that:
1. I didn't get the job I applied for  :(
2. that if I don't save my game regularly and I die I lose a lot of progress  :(
3. people are mean enough to dare their friends to come to my lessons and act like they're interested and then leave halfway through AFTER telling me they never wanted to be there in the first place!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
4. that you can't eat with a denture  :( >:( :( >:( :( >:( :( >:(
5. that nobody is hiring around where I live  :( :( :( :(
Unofficial Na'vi survey