"You want to know what grinds my gears?" [Forum Game]

Started by Yayo, January 17, 2011, 08:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eanikran

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on January 22, 2011, 10:01:52 AM
Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on January 22, 2011, 09:33:17 AM
the fact that I can run games like Bioshock, Just Cause 2, and Portal on my laptop with full graphic settings as smooth as they would run on my PS3, but when I go to play minecraft? BAM. lagstorm. stupid Java. >:(

This is also why Android is much slower than all competition.
android runs on java? never knew that. wondered why my phone's kinda slowish ::)

Quote from: Yayo. on January 22, 2011, 09:39:16 AM
PS3s.. and Xboxes. Just to make it fair.
the fact that I can run games like Bioshock, Just Cause 2, and Portal on my laptop with full graphic settings as smooth as they would run on consoles, but when I go to play minecraft? BAM. lagstorm. stupid Java. >:(

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on January 22, 2011, 11:09:08 AM
the fact that I can run games like Bioshock, Just Cause 2, and Portal on my laptop with full graphic settings as smooth as they would run on my PS3, but when I go to play minecraft? BAM. lagstorm. stupid Java. >:(

android runs on java? never knew that. wondered why my phone's kinda slowish ::)

Yep, do you know what the 5x performance boost in Android 2.2 came from? Someone on google thought that JIT took too much memory initialli (about 100kB to 1MB extra per app iirc), so the turned off the Java engines JIT system, which is just fully retarded.

Anyway, androids main problem is the JVM, which is horribly ineffective on a phone. The really high end phones are fairly good, but if you look at a midend, say SonyEricsson. It's just sad. I had better performance on my HTC Diamond that was released 2 years ago for christ sake!

Eanikran

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on January 22, 2011, 01:16:17 PM
Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on January 22, 2011, 11:09:08 AM

Yep, do you know what the 5x performance boost in Android 2.2 came from? Someone on google thought that JIT took too much memory initialli (about 100kB to 1MB extra per app iirc), so the turned off the Java engines JIT system, which is just fully retarded.

Anyway, androids main problem is the JVM, which is horribly ineffective on a phone. The really high end phones are fairly good, but if you look at a midend, say SonyEricsson. It's just sad. I had better performance on my HTC Diamond that was released 2 years ago for christ sake!
Lol yeah, I had an LG voyager before this one and it ran a bit faster :P

I'm not really super pissed at Java as far as phones go as much as computers ::) specifically the fact that the guy who made Minecraft built it on Java. stupid move dude, stupid move. >:(

Niwantaw

I don't think he thought it would get to the stage that Java became a problem.

I mean he probably expected it to be another one of those little games that never get too huge so Java works well for them.
Only mostly AWOL.

Yayo

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Teyl Maktoyu Ayfìwopxä

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

Tirea Aean

You know what really grinds my gears?

Guys like Tirea Aean, coming into a "You know what grinds my gears" thread proclaiming that it is the same thing as the "I hate [forum game]" thread, only with a funny Peter Griffin twist. Sheesh. such {expletive} as THIS guy should be Exiled... OH wait. He IS...

Yayo

Well, actually, "I hate.." is proclaiming that you actually HATE something, while this thread merely states that something ANNOYS you. Hate is a stronger variation.

Yayo on facebook

Ekirä

Is there a stronger thread than the "I hate" thread where I can proclaim my horror and sadness about Tirea's exile? :P

Tirea Aean

You know what really grinds my gears?

That ignorant Tirea Aean guy. I mean come on! He should have totally known that. And I mean come on. he even posts about himself in the third person in a negative way.

Yayo

Create the "I Loathe [Forum Game]" thread; this way we can have nearly every varying difference of disliking. Ah there! We can have an "I Dislike [Forum Game]... hehe.

You know what grinds my gears? Being in a far away time zone.

Look at what time my alarm is set to be able to join Tirea for his farewell in Teamspeak!

His leaving coincides with Australia Day. Great date to begin your exile, Tirea.

Yayo on facebook

Tirea Aean

Yayo

Yayo on facebook

Tirea Aean

Yayo

But going on to the computer right away cancels out the gear grinding.

This grinds my gears;

I was excited to find him

Then died shortly afterwards.

Yayo on facebook

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Ekirä

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Yayo

Australia Day is important.. Maybe even more so than the Fourth of July. Here, of course!

Yayo on facebook