2011 Stanley Cup

Started by 'Itan Atxur, May 07, 2011, 08:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will win the cup and who do you want to win?

I think Boston will win
I want Boston to win
I think Vancouver will win
I want Vancouver to win

Amaya

I'm torn.  I can't decide if I want to see them win it in six games, or if I want them to win it at home...... :-\

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Amaya on June 12, 2011, 05:24:06 AM
I'm torn.  I can't decide if I want to see them win it in six games, or if I want them to win it at home...... :-\

Hrh. There will probably be a riot, win or lose, if it goes to game 7.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Amaya

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 12, 2011, 12:08:30 PM
Quote from: Amaya on June 12, 2011, 05:24:06 AM
I'm torn.  I can't decide if I want to see them win it in six games, or if I want them to win it at home...... :-\

Hrh. There will probably be a riot, win or lose, if it goes to game 7.

Gods, I hope not!  That's one of the really ugly things about hockey in Canada, frankly.  I hope it goes as calmly as the Olympic Gold went.  With much boisterous excitement and no smashing in of storefronts.  Because, yeah, I remember '94 all too clearly.

'Itan Atxur

I hope not too. That's why I hope it ends tomorrow.

'Itan Atxur

Game 7 here we come!! (I don't dare hope for a road win  ;))

Amaya

Ha, I knew it would end up going to a Game 7.  There was no way Boston was going to lose at home, after all.

>.> Why do I suspect it's going to come down to a shootout after two overtimes? :-\ ;) ;D

Go Canucks Go :-*

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Amaya on June 14, 2011, 06:46:50 AM
Ha, I knew it would end up going to a Game 7.  There was no way Boston was going to lose at home, after all.

>.> Why do I suspect it's going to come down to a shootout after two overtimes? :-\ ;) ;D

Go Canucks Go :-*

The Bruins have kept it close until the third period in each home game. I expect a crazy finish too.

Ikabob

I totally agree, going to be super close I think.  Its in Vancouver though, so I am feeling the shift to Vancouver unless Boston can find a way to get into Luongo's head early.  If they can't do that, I think it will end up Vancouver's game.
When college takes up all your time... What can you really do?

Skype: Ikabob13         PSN: TR4NZ-N1GH7M4R3        Steam: N1GH7M4R3

'Itan Atxur

If Boston doesn't score in the first period, it's over. They've been horrible in the first period playing away.

[EDIT] This will be the first hockey game I've ever watched start to finish :)

[EDIT2] Well, Boston scored in the first period :)

Swoka Ikran

Bruins win it on the road in game 7. :D :D :D

Final score: 4-0 Bruins
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Amaya

Let's not even discuss the sheer STUPIDITY of some of thse goals... >:(

'Itan Atxur

Forget about game 7. The rest of the series was hard fought. Congrats to the Bruins, but Vancouver was a worthy opponent.

Amaya

I'm presently trying to ignore what I knew would happen if this happened.  *sigh* why do fans have to be SO FRICKING STUPID SOMETIMES?  >:( >:( >:( >:(

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, I just read about that this morning. It's really too bad that people can't deal with friendly competition. The Canucks themselves seemed to handle the loss with dignity.

Amaya

Really, the people doing most of the damage aren't the fans.  There's an unfortunate tendency (this has happened at various times throughout Canada) for anarchists to scout out events like this and come prepared for mayhem.  Then once they start things, unfortunately, mob mentality sets in.

As the saying goes, Humans may be intelligent individually, but they're pretty damned stupid in groups. :'(

'Itan Atxur

To quote Men in Black: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."