2011 Stanley Cup

Started by 'Itan Atxur, May 07, 2011, 08:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will win the cup and who do you want to win?

I think Boston will win
I want Boston to win
I think Vancouver will win
I want Vancouver to win

'Itan Atxur

With the Stanley Cup nearly here, I figured I'd start a poll. I personally think the Bruins have too much momentum to lose, but I think the Tampa Bay lightning could be a real threat.

What about you guys?

Please remember to vote twice. Once for who you think will win it all, and then for the team you actually want to win it all.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Amaya

Now that they've picked up their game again, 'nucks all the way!

'Itan Atxur

Amaya

3-1 in their favour, 5th game tonight.  They're massively outplaying Nashville, now they just have to get a couple more past Rinne...it's been a very low-scoring and long-gamed series with two such awesome goalies :P

'Itan Atxur

Nothing better than a hard fought series! I feel bad for the fliers. I was watching replays and after each goal Boston scored, you could see that their goalie had already mentally been defeated. I'm sure he's capable of playing his position, but he let a few shots get by him early in the playoffs and never recovered making the Boston series a one sided and boring affair.

Amaya

ah *nods*  Well, Vancouver already defeated their playoff nemesis, although there were a couple of really horrendous games in there until they got their act together but this series they're really getting back into their stride, which is why I see good things coming for them. ;) plus it never hurts to think positive 8)

'Itan Atxur

Momentum is key in the playoffs. And it looks like all the teams advancing will have it. The semifinals are going to be brutal.

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Amaya on May 07, 2011, 09:08:45 AM
ah *nods*  Well, Vancouver already defeated their playoff nemesis, although there were a couple of really horrendous games in there until they got their act together but this series they're really getting back into their stride, which is why I see good things coming for them. ;) plus it never hurts to think positive 8)

They advance again! Your team may end up playing mine (Bruins) for the Stanley Cup!

Amaya

;D it could happen!  'nucks're resting until at least Saturday, which is likely a very good thing.  They didn't have much rest at all between the first and second series, after all.

Swoka Ikran

I'm thinking Boston will win...they've been playing extremely well.

Boston swept my team (Philadelphia Flyers) 4-0. The Flyers looked pathetic against them :(
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Amaya on May 12, 2011, 05:49:38 AM
;D it could happen!  'nucks're resting until at least Saturday, which is likely a very good thing.  They didn't have much rest at all between the first and second series, after all.

It's the same story for the Bruins. No time between the first two series but plenty between the second and third rounds.

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on May 12, 2011, 12:43:08 PM
I'm thinking Boston will win...they've been playing extremely well.

Boston swept my team (Philadelphia Flyers) 4-0. The Flyers looked pathetic against them :(

I only watched the highlights, but I really felt bad for the Flyers goalie. He just looked so mentally beaten after each goal. I'm sure he's a much better goalie than he showed.

'Itan Atxur

Boston got SMOKED today. Wow.

Amaya

You know it had to happen one of these days.  Even for the best team, the odd smoking is inevitible :P

Looking forward to tomorrow's game!  Let's see how the Canucks do against the Sharks...  You KNOW I'll be watching closely!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on May 14, 2011, 10:02:55 PM
Boston got SMOKED today. Wow.
It happens to the best of 'em.

For those who didn't see it: Final score was 5-2 Lightning. (Goal 5 for the Lightning was scored in an empty net. Boston scored their second goal with 1:01 left.)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Amaya

Now THAT is what you call a big game...  7-3 Vancouver! :o

'Itan Atxur

Nice! Im away from the internet right now. How are thd Bruins doing?

Amaya

Moving on to game three with a tied series, as far as I remember.  I think their next game's today?

'Itan Atxur

'Itan Atxur

It's looking more and more like Vancouver vs Boston!

Ikabob

yea it really is at this point in time, but you never know what can happen in the playoffs. its just been exciting and thats all i care about lol
When college takes up all your time... What can you really do?

Skype: Ikabob13         PSN: TR4NZ-N1GH7M4R3        Steam: N1GH7M4R3